Bills ready to build offense around player's skill sets

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/05/20/bills-finally-poised-to-maximize-individual-skill-sets-in-new-offense/

WR coach Sanjay Lal had this gem on Tuesday,We will say: We like this play against this defense or who is best at this route", Lal said. "We have the luxury because we have all these pieces where you can plug in everyone to the route that best fits their traits."

That's stupid. A better offense would be don't thrown screens to your stud receiver who is great at screens; run your homerun threat running back up the middle constantly; and move plodding OT to G. That's how you build an offense. Playing to your players' strengths? Crazy talk.

That's stupid. A better offense would be don't thrown screens to your stud receiver who is great at screens; run your homerun threat running back up the middle constantly; and move plodding OT to G. That's how you build an offense. Playing to your players' strengths? Crazy talk.

Exactly!!!! Teams will expect us to run Shady McCoy and throw to Watkins!!! Why the hell would we just do what they expect us to do!!!

Edited by Kelly the Dog

What I hope all this means is that Roman has enough creativity, and the players have enough talent, that the Bills won't be so darned predictable this year. They don't have to keep running the same plays regardless of the skills of the opposing defense. They don't have to run the same plays, game after game.

"the most successful coaches often have a great ability to adapt and adjust to their roster and the different type of skill sets their player’s possess"

Nuff said!

We're gonna deflate the footballs.

I don't like this one bit. I've been amazing my wife for the past few years by telling her what play they're going to run when the QB sets.

Now she's going to think I'm stoopit. :angry:

my 3 yr old actually knows the phrase "CJ up the middle for minus 2"

Well played!! It really was an appalling scheme and plan.

It's hard to throw to Sammy Watkins in the NFL

no no no.

Its hard to throw in the NFL to Sammy Watkins.

But i like this guy Sanjay. actually i am liking most of these coaches. watched Lynn today. Sharp fellow it seems.

what position did Dunbar coach when Rex had Pettine?

no no no.

Its hard to throw in the NFL to Sammy Watkins.

But i like this guy Sanjay. actually i am liking most of these coaches. watched Lynn today. Sharp fellow it seems.

what position did Dunbar coach when Rex had Pettine?

dunbar was DL with Jets for years ... I think Thurman was DL coach vikings at that time

dunbar was DL with Jets for years ... I think Thurman was DL coach vikings at that time

ah.

trying to think on how rex brought his team of coaching about.

It's interesting to me to consider coaching trees and such.

One of the reasons i a such a fan of Roman coaching the Bills with Rex as HC.

Seems to me, Bills have a strong group of folks creating this team's forthcoming namesake. Buffalo Bills. strong of character experience and leadership. with a like minded goal.

This offense could really be over the top just by coaching the disciplines and staying focused.

That qb stuff is over rated. own the scrimmage line!

\

I don't like this one bit. I've been amazing my wife for the past few years by telling her what play they're going to run when the QB sets.

Now she's going to think I'm stoopit. :angry:

I care for my 87 year old father, whom is afflicted with dementia and his short term memory is all but gone. Last season he could tell you what they were running next pretty damn effectively. Sadly I'm honestly not writing this to be humorous, this is a true statement. It's pretty safe to assume opposing defensive coordinators were well rested on Buffalo week, they probably laughed theirselves to sleep.

Brilliant!!! LOL!!!

Sanjay Lal Nate Hackett had this gem on Tuesday, "We will say: We like this play against all defenses or who is best at this run", Lal said. "We have the luxury because we have all these pieces where you can plug in everyone to the same dive play up the middle over and over and over."