Bills concerned Bryce Brown won't catch up; missing time

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/19/bills-concerned-bryce-brown-wont-catch-up-after-missing-voluntary-work/

I mean, he's five, six weeks behind everyone else. Once he gets here, its going to be hard to slow down and catch him up. Thats one of my biggest concerns, but, you know, he's got the playbook. Hopefully he's taking care of his business and hopefully he'll come in in great shape and we'll see what happens.- Anthony Lynn

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of surprised McCoy hasn't told his ass to get there, maybe he has. I remember when the Bills traded for Brown, McCoy said Brown would be starting, obviously that didn't come to fruition.

Maybe he doesn't want to be here and knows he'll be buried in the depth chart.

Well, that's one less guy Freddy needs to worry about in the fight for a roster spot.

Makes me wonder if Brown wants out.

I'm sure he's feeling warm and fuzzy about a trade for the guy he backed up before, a HC who acts like he doesn't know his name, and a draft choice at his position.

Oh, and he also has to compete with two fanbase favorites.

Bryce loves Buffalo. :lol:

I'm sure he's feeling warm and fuzzy about a trade for the guy he backed up before, a HC who acts like he doesn't know his name, and a draft choice at his position.

Oh, and he also has to compete with two fanbase favorites.

Bryce loves Buffalo. :lol:

I believe Rex had trouble recalling Brown's name after Brown hadn't shown up. We just didn't know it yet.

I believe Rex had trouble recalling Brown's name after Brown hadn't shown up. We just didn't know it yet.

rex was surely doing it on purpose as a motivational ploy....

we will see where it goes. this board always gets worked up on guys that miss workouts. sometimes they underachieve, sometimes they are key players that everyone was calling out to be cut before we even get to camp. at RB, if he comes in knowing the verbiage, plays and in shape, its not like he wont catch up nearly immediately if he wants to.

Edited by NoSaint

Well, that's one less guy Freddy needs to worry about in the fight for a roster spot.

Makes me wonder if Brown wants out.

That was my first thought

He meant to be here...but dropped the ball on getting his travel arrangements lined up.

LMFAO!

Brown was one of Whaley's worst moves. Never got the hype. You don't trade draft picks for 3rd string rbs.

I am a big Whaley fan. I don't knock him for the Watkins trade at all. Or any other roster move. But, this looks like a bad trade. Last year and this year too.

Pretty simple, I think. He knows he's outta here and doesn't want to risk injury. Really bad trade in retrospect.

Yep, sure looks that way. What round pick did we give up? A 4th?

It wasn't that bad of a trade. Brown's upside was worth the 4th. He is an explosive, low-mileage RB that showed flashes when given the chance to start in McCoy's absence. I think seeing that sort of production in two NFL games is worth more than the typical 4th round choice. And given the struggles of our running game last year, maybe it wasn't all his fault he didn't contribute when called upon. But the insurance he provided warranted the trade since CJ and Fred both went down. If not fot the fumble against KC we could be looking at him differently.

But didn't we essentially trade Stevie for him? Does that change anyone's opinion of the trade?

Edited by Big C