Greg Roman presser: addresses QB rumors

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 43s43 seconds ago

Anthony Lynn says Bryce Brown has not been at voluntary workouts for a family commitment.

Jay Skurski ‏@JaySkurski 3m3 minutes ago

#Bills RB coach Anthony Lynn on what he knows about Bryce Brown: "I don't know much about him at all. I've only met him once."

Well that doesn't look great.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what they're thinking but even if all the talk about EJ being cut was 100% true this is exactly what they'd tell the public. There's no way in hell they'd confirm those reports.

Doug Whaley had no plans to trade SJ13 either.

Exactly

I have no idea what they're thinking but even if all the talk about EJ being cut was 100% true this is exactly what they'd tell the public. There's no way in hell they'd confirm those reports.

They usually say something like "I have no idea where that came from, it didn't come from us." Or "he is still very much in our plans". I think couldn't be further from the truth is much stronger language from normal denial.

it would take a lot i think. it really doesnt make sense. it would cost more to cut him and bring in another guy at 3 and odds are that guy wouldnt be as good (if that guy is better, it would cost A LOT more than just keeping EJ and be spending a large chunk on backups)

Particularly when everything we've read about EJ is that he's a great teammate, even if he's not playing (alleviating any concern of locker room disruption).

They usually say something like "I have no idea where that came from, it didn't come from us." Or "he is still very much in our plans". I think couldn't be further from the truth is much stronger language from normal denial.

But...but...Joe B wants clicks...

i think you are overanalyzing this one.

So From What I gather.

The O-line will be

Glenn-Miller-Wood-Incognito-Henderson.

I like it.

Looks good on paper, but there are a number of things that have to fall the right way, including Miller actually being able to play in the NFL, Incognito getting back to form, and Henderson actually making some progress in his second year. Fingers crossed, but rarely do that many things work out optimally.

I never bought the hype that EJ was on the outs. It doesn't make sense. The Bills don't have a proven starter. Why wouldn't the Bills new coaching staff do their due diligence and take their time to evaluate what they have?

Given the QBs on the roster - and the lack of familiarity of these coaches with these QBs - anything other than a truly open competition would be stupid.

It's just crazy how far and wide this completely speculative story spread. Social media had made it both tougher and easier for content writers. There is more competition, because anyone can create their own platform, but they don't need to try as hard anymore with the quality of what they're writing. Joe B literally just made this up in order to get a piece finished and out there. And then it pops up everywhere as if it's a real story. Bizarre world we live in now.

True, but that was during a draft, where they were able to immediately spin that into a player. This would be waiting a whole season to potentially cash in on a mid to late round pick, while eating dead cap.

Or they could be talking him up to ship him out for a late rounder. Who knows?

A lot of praise for Miller coming from everyone on the coaching staff.

No surprise there...I felt leading up to the draft that he could be an immediate starter. He struck me as a high-floor guy, though I never felt he'd be an all-pro.