Greg Roman presser: addresses QB rumors

Jay Skurski @JaySkurski 2m2 minutes ago

Greg Roman says speculation that EJ Manuel has fallen out of favor with the #Bills is the "furthest thing from the truth."

Vic Carucci @viccarucci 1m1 minute ago

Roman shoots down speculation that EJ Manuel could be cut in training camp if he doesn't show progress.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 3m3 minutes ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: Honestly, the QB job is anybody's to take. The ball's are out there, it's anybody's for the taking.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 5m5 minutes ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: Ive seen Tyrod Taylor grow as a professional. We are the benefactors of that. Pretty well-rounded player, and, dynamic

Vic Carucci @viccarucci 5m5 minutes ago

Greg Roman, #Bills OC: Rex (Ryan) runs the ultimate meritocracy. Competition is going to be tight (on offense).

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 4m4 minutes ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: I think it's too early to say that there's a leader at QB right now.

Roman says he'll have an opinion on leader for No. 1 QB job after OTAs. "But I'll keep that under my hat."

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 2m2 minutes ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: John Miller is a very valuable addition. He blew us away in the predraft meeting with his football IQ.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 1m1 minute ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: Karlos Williams has been aces. This guy is getting it, and quickly. He's done nothing but impress in every aspect

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 1m1 minute ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: I think you can play Seantrel Henderson at either left or right tackle.

Vic Carucci @viccarucci 2m2 minutes ago

Roman says rookie OG John Miller's quick grasp of all aspects of the #Bills' offense is a "pleasant surprise."

Edited by YoloinOhio

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 1m1 minute ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: Karlos Williams has been aces. This guy is getting it, and quickly. He's done nothing but impress in every aspect

I really hope this kid was just a wrong place wrong time guy, and develops for us... he definitely has the physical makeup to be a perfect 2 to McCoy's 1 for a 1-2 punch.

Edited: Stupid quotes.

Edited by Dorkington

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 1m1 minute ago

Roman shoots down speculation that EJ Manuel could be cut in training camp if he doesn't show progress.

it would take a lot i think. it really doesnt make sense. it would cost more to cut him and bring in another guy at 3 and odds are that guy wouldnt be as good (if that guy is better, it would cost A LOT more than just keeping EJ and be spending a large chunk on backups)

I really hope this kid was just a wrong place wrong time guy, and develops for us... he definitely has the physical makeup to be a perfect 2 to McCoy's 1 for a 1-2 punch.

Karlos Williams? +1 Here's hoping he takes advantage of his new surroundings and second chance.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Jay Skurski @JaySkurski 2m2 minutes ago

Greg Roman says speculation that EJ Manuel has fallen out of favor with the #Bills is the "furthest thing from the truth."

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 3m3 minutes ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: Honestly, the QB job is anybody's to take. The ball's are out there, it's anybody's for the taking.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 5m5 minutes ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: Ive seen Tyrod Taylor grow as a professional. We are the benefactors of that. Pretty well-rounded player, and, dynamic

Vic Carucci @viccarucci 5m5 minutes ago

Greg Roman, #Bills OC: Rex (Ryan) runs the ultimate meritocracy. Competition is going to be tight (on offense).

finally some sanity :worthy: :worthy:

Well he's obviously lying, because Leroi said...

be kind to Leroi he / she doesn't like being picked on.

I found the articles yesterday to be lacking new news. I think there really is no change from the day Cassell was signed.

Cassell is here for veteran leadership and a steady hand. He makes the roster as starter or back-up.

That leaves Taylor and Manuel fighting for one, maybe two spots. So can't say we learned anything new from Carucci or Joe B's reports yesterday.

I never bought the hype that EJ was on the outs. It doesn't make sense. The Bills don't have a proven starter. Why wouldn't the Bills new coaching staff do their due diligence and take their time to evaluate what they have?

Given the QBs on the roster - and the lack of familiarity of these coaches with these QBs - anything other than a truly open competition would be stupid.

So From What I gather.

The O-line will be

Glenn-Miller-Wood-Incognito-Henderson.

I like it.

Will Glenn Miller disappear or be incognito?

But...but...ESPN printed an article based on the comments of a local news outlet sports guy that were discussing conjecture by a newspaper writer!

Who is the "Greg Roman", and who are his sources?

Doug Whaley had no plans to trade SJ13 either.