Kraft speaks

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this NFL event is some of the most fun i have had watching politics in years.

I just cant look away.

Is Kraft a culture of cheating ( gaining an advantage ) ? Did Brady act on his own or was he empowered. where does Bill fit in this ? maybe he is part of this sandwich of Bobber ( the bread ) Billy (the cheese ) Little Tommy ( the meat )

I think they are all of the same ilk, top to bottom , tiara to heels.

Some are suggesting the Patriots acceptance of the team penalties are a quid pro quo to get Brady's four game suspension reduced.

Hmm. Heard John Murphy say something similar on his show tonight.

krafts* behavior is not unusual at all for someone caught doing something wrong. His biggest mistake is keeping his team in the limelight. What an idiot.

Funny how not a single other owner has come too the pats* side and at least offered some kind of support. there is a reason for that. Right now that team is toxic. other than bandwagon chowda heads blind support. he is really painting himself in a corner. Good for him.

I am not a part of the grammar police, but I will call you on your use of krafts*. I believe it is the official position of this board that it is necessary to use 2 asterisks in reference to kraft**, the pats** or brady**. For instance, we could write Lance******* or Bonds*^762. Some might debate whether Bonds deserves all 762 asterisks, but there is not debate that kraft**, brady**, and the pats** deserve AT LEAST two.

Some are suggesting the Patriots acceptance of the team penalties are a quid pro quo to get Brady's four game suspension reduced.

While that may hold some weight. A couple of the talking heads have also implied Krafts laughable gesture of throwing in the towel ( if you saw it) was an admission of guilt. let's face it there is nothing more he would have loved than rub Godell's face in the mud. he couldn't! his counsel more than likely told him to bail out and take the penalties. They simply like Brady* won't prove their innocence. IMO the cell phone holds the answers. And Brady* won't give that up since it cannot be wiped clean.

his comments that it has been four months in the NFL news cycle, ring kind of hollow since kraft himself kept it there. Honestly,For a smart man ( supposedly) he looked like a moron at that podium today. he was there only because of his massive ego Since NO,one gave a ****. other than the drooling media which he ignored. A true stain on his team to add to his collection of them.

I never thought I could despise any owner more than Jerrah. But,Kraft and his entire franchise now wear the crown.

So, can he play if he decides to litigate?

I'd have to think they'll try to fast-track it so it's not still pending by the regular season. Brady*'s suspension doesn't prevent him from participating all the way up to W1.

Some are suggesting the Patriots acceptance of the team penalties is a quid pro quo to get Brady's four game suspension reduced.

I've said it before but Brady would have to somehow prove the suspension is too much or wrong. We thought the pats would get their fine or draft pick reduced but it didn't, we also thought they wouldn't get any type of penalty for this and they did. I'm sure there is a chance brady gets it reduced but this is a new NFL and the public is not going to respond well to the reduced penalty.

I've said it before but Brady would have to somehow prove the suspension is too much or wrong. We thought the pats would get their fine or draft pick reduced but it didn't, we also thought they wouldn't get any type of penalty for this and they did. I'm sure there is a chance brady gets it reduced but this is a new NFL and the public is not going to respond well to the reduced penalty.

Wrong IMO. The suspension, again IMO, has an appeal and step down built in. This is, to me, a 2 game suspension. Reducing the weeks gives the impression that the league is sympathetic and willing to listen and compromise with the players and their association.

I think deadspin said it best yesterday, "Boston fans are infinitely worse than they win, because they will brag AND they will still find a way to complain about Brady’s suspension and the injustice of it all and BUCKNAHHHHHHHHHH. The thrill of winning does not discourage them from still acting as if the sky is falling down upon them somehow. They want your envy and your pity, in tandem. They want you to ENVY their pity."

It certainly wouldn't be a good look for the NFL because Kraft and the Patriots organization deserved to be punished as repeat offenders. Beyond that, I'm not buying Kraft's cheesy fall on the sword for the good of the NFL shield after initially coming out with their ridiculous rebuttal of the Wells report that included several outlandish explanations. There's no bigger phony in the NFL from my perspective.

Wrong IMO. The suspension, again IMO, has an appeal and step down built in. This is, to me, a 2 game suspension. Reducing the weeks gives the impression that the league is sympathetic and willing to listen and compromise with the players and their association.

I hope not. I'm all about compromise, but I hope Goodell tells Brady*'s people that the real compromise was giving him 4 instead of 8.

So, can see it in 4 years from now. BB and TB are both gone,mthe Pats dive into mediocrity and outright suckitude, stadium looks like It did pre Kraft ownership, half empty. cause those bandwagon fans are jumping right off,mane now they have their excuse.

Anyone else wonder what deal he cut with Kraft on Brady?

I'm hoping it's the opposite -- Goodell showed Kraft** the real smoking gun and let him know he'd look like a buffoon if that came out.

Anyone who thinks Brady* is going to reveal any new information during his appeal is foolish. Goodell will uphold the suspension, and then the NFLPA will decide whether to take it to the courts. Even then, they'll only argue that Goodell should have not been allowed to serve as arbitrator, which is not arguing the case on its merits. This could go in circles until the NFLPA "wins" a decision that says a neutral arbitrator has to hear Brady*'s appeal.

That's how this is going to go down.

Some are suggesting the Patriots acceptance of the team penalties is a quid pro quo to get Brady's four game suspension reduced.

All the reports from Schefter, Mort, etc are that there is no deal regarding reducing Brady's suspension. This had more to do with the fact that the Patriots organization had no real recourse outside of taking the NFL to court, and Kraft didnt want to attempt to bring down the league over something like this. Brady, as an employee, does have recourse and that will be handled with his appeal, independent of what the Patriots do.

I hope Roger sticks to his guns and upholds the 4 games. Tommy had his chance and blew it.

Edited by DrDareustein

I agree. I said a while ago 4 games to 2. Nearly all of these non-mandatory suspensions get knocked down. Even bountygate got reduce. In this case only footballs were getting flattened.