Prediction Time! What Will Tom Brady's Punishment Be?

361 members have voted

1. 1. What will Tom Brady's penalty be for 'Deflategate'?

• No penalty. The NFL will have a meeting with him, and declare the situation resolved.
    • Small to moderate fine. (Less than $500k)
    • Larger fine. ($500k and above)
    • 1-2 game suspension
    • 3 or more game suspension
    • Lifetime ban.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 games negotiated down to 2. $25K fine

He won't be suspended, the league wants him playing in prime time on opening night

against the Steelers? Vegas pulled the betting line for the game

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I'm pretty sure if a player is suspended for a game they lose that weeks paycheck. If that is the case and Brady is suspended for even 1 game it would probably be the NFL's largest ever fine. I will admit I am not 100% sure that is how it's handled.

Why are there news reports saying stupid things like Brady probably knew but it can't be proven. Huh? Did Brady provide autographs or tickets to the guys texting or not? The only reason they can't prove it is because he wouldn't turn over his phone. Brady is a liar and a cheat. It's worse than Rose betting on baseball when he never bet against his own team. But I predict Goodell is too weak to do anything. If I were the other owners I'd be pissed if nothing major is done, especially New Orleans. Payton was gone for a year and no one could prove he knew anything. How is this different? There should be major penalties and a message sent that the integrity of the game is more important than any player.

against the Steelers? Vegas pulled the betting line for the game

As they do whenever there is a significant unknown. Sure there is a chance he is suspended so Vegas pulled the line. I just don't think he will be. The league will put down a heavy fine, maybe a loss of a mid round pick, so they get to say they dealt with it and they get Brady on opening night.

That is much more attractive to the league than Jimmy Garfloppollo on the field and Al Michaels and Collinsworth talking about deflate gate all night in September

If lack of institutional control cost Sean Payton a year why should Belicheck go free?

The Saints case was not about cheating.

The Saints case was not about the integrity of the game.

Rather, the Saints case was about protecting the league from lawsuits. To show that the NFL is "serious" about player safety, and when that's jeopardized, the NFL comes down hard.

Deflate is not about safety. Its not about defending lawsuits. Its just about public confidence in the game. Which is why you wont see draconian penalties.

Like i said, 5-6 games, then appeal, then reduction to 2-3 games.

The Saints case was not about cheating.

The Saints case was not about the integrity of the game.

Rather, the Saints case was about protecting the league from lawsuits. To show that the NFL is "serious" about player safety, and when that's jeopardized, the NFL comes down hard.

Deflate is not about safety. Its not about defending lawsuits. Its just about public confidence in the game. Which is why you wont see draconian penalties.

Like i said, 5-6 games, then appeal, then reduction to 2-3 games.

Maybe so but the reasoning given was "lack of institutional control." It's the same thing that Rich McKay just got hit with. I said earlier that the penalty shouldn't be the same but "lack of institutional control" has to be consistent not just when it's convenient. I think that it is more likely to be a fine but it has to be something.

I think 8 games to a season is the appropriate penalty. This is egregious. Deliberately cheating and going to the lengths that he went to needs to be punished severely.

Not too mention that guys can get season long bans (Josh Gordon) for smoking dope.

NFL season opens in New England on a Thursday night. No way are they not going to have the golden boy on the field. Just a fine which he will recoup from ownership.

Good call!! I want to see the Bills play these chumps at full strength!! We wanna take the crown from the king's head!!

Hopefully at least a 2 game suspension! Lol...

seriously tho, I don't think anyone realized the full impacts of this and how much less Patriot players fumbled because of the deflated balls over the past several seasons they have likely been doing this...its not about making the ball easier to throw and catch as much as it helped create a HUGE decrease in the number of fumbles by the Patriots...almost half as much as Baltimore, the team with the next fewest fumbles...Sal was on this afternoon with Bulldog breaking down the numbers...

Making it even worse Amendola and 2 other players(can't remember who exactly) combined with the Patriots had 8 fumbles on 1042 total touches or once every 185 touches, but in the rest of their careers with other teams they fumbled 22 times on 1700+ touches, a 1 fumble every 77 touch rate...

There is no plausible explanation other than footballs that are deflated that are much easier to hold on to and harder to force out that explains how these players suddenly fumble at less than half their career rate with other teams...

Here is a site that breaks it down over the last 14 years, and basically theorizes this has been occurring since 2007 when the Patriots went from fumbling at a normal rate from 2000-2006 to fumbling at a far lesser rate from 2007-2014...

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/01/stats_show_the_new_england_patriots_became_nearly_fumble_proof_after_a_2006.2.html

Edited by matter2003