Prediction Time! What Will Tom Brady's Punishment Be?

361 members have voted

1. 1. What will Tom Brady's penalty be for 'Deflategate'?

• No penalty. The NFL will have a meeting with him, and declare the situation resolved.
    • Small to moderate fine. (Less than $500k)
    • Larger fine. ($500k and above)
    • 1-2 game suspension
    • 3 or more game suspension
    • Lifetime ban.

The League will make the Patriots change their name... to the "CHEETAHS!"

(I think that's how you pronounce 'cheaters" with a Boston accent, isn't it?)

Ha ha, I like the idea of hilarious penalties.

How about, Brady is required to dress as Pinocchio and wear a sandwich board that says, "I like to empty balls?" He must do this the day before every road game at the opposing team's stadium.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the league has put itself in a tough position, by giving him a severe punishment, they're basically admitting the super bowl champs are flawed.

Well, they are flawed and we all know it.

Some of us, rightfully so, are skeptical that this has been going on for nearly a decade.

I predict 2 games. In my nightmare scenario, we lose to the Pats with Jimmy Garapallo as their QB and we are deabating about which loss was worse -- losing to the Steeler backups with the playoffs on the line or losing to the Patriots w/o the QB that we think is 98% of the reason that we contiunue to lose meaningful games to the Patriots? That's a thread I do not want to see.

Personally, I'd rather Brady played in game two so when we do beat them it will feel like the Bills might be poised for a legit run at the division title.

NFL season opens in New England on a Thursday night. No way are they not going to have the golden boy on the field. Just a fine which he will recoup from ownership.

I've heard this a lot. Meh. NBC is not being low-balled by advertisers.

The subset of viewers who won't watch the first real game in 7 months who otherwise would have is way smaller than you think it is, if it even exists at all.

I voted small fine, but was sorely tempted by the nothing option. Definitely blowhard Goodell will declare that he had a meeting and that everything is fine now.

Honestly, this level of cheating isn't nearly as concerning as the illegal taping or (unconfirmed) accusations of helmet radio cheating. So I haven't gotten too worked up about it. But it would be great if Goodell's ridiculous "I have to send a message via a ludicrously over-harsh punishment" mentality showed up for this. I don't expect it, because 1.) Goodell is essentially Kraft's henchman, and 2.) Brady is an overcelebrated white face of the league. Nearly all of Goodell's hammer moves serve to strengthen the league's reputation with the fox news set. This doesn't fit the bill.

I would love a lifetime ban. Or even a huge fine. But this is Brady you are talking about. The one and only. Superman with a good looking wife. If the fawning commentators on every Patriots game I ever watched are correct he will get a bump in salary, multiple endorsement offers, and, when he retires, the Catholic church will make him a saint.

Hysterical!

Good thread, Lord Dorkington.

4 games and $250,000 fine for Brady.

1 year suspension for Needlededee and Needlededum.

$250,000 fine for the Patriots for allowing it to happen but NFL acknowledging they don't think the team knew (whether that is true or not, whether the NFL believes it or not).

I think this is a pretty fair proposal. 100% agree.

For Brady, 4 game suspension to be served in the preseason and a 20k fine.

In all seriousness though I expect the punishment to end up being very minor just to try and mitigate some of the PR damage.

I'd be surprised if Goodell came down hard on the league's golden boy and/or golden franchise.

I'm saying 4. Ray Farmer got 4.

if Brady does not get 4, can Farmer appeal?

For Brady, 4 game suspension to be served in the preseason and a 20k fine.

In all seriousness though I expect the punishment to end up being very minor just to try and mitigate some of the PR damage.

I'd be surprised if Goodell came down hard on the league's golden boy and/or golden franchise.

I keep hearing how the Pats* are the NFL's "golden boys," but no one outside NE likes them. In fact, most NFL fans would love to see the Pats* get what they deserve for once. That said, I agree with your prediction and voted "fine." If there is no suspension, I hope people throw deflated balls onto the field during games like people threw sharpies (which I always thought was quite dangerous) onto the field when Bonds played.

Edited by RyanC883

I think the NFL will hand down a harsh penalty on Brady. They threw the book at Peterson and Rice. Now I know the incidents are not at all similar but with the current mood in the country they open themselves up to charges that they have different levels of punishment based on the color of your skin. My belief is that the NFL will do what they need to do to avoid that.

Also don't be surprised if Belichik gets at least fined if not suspended.