Prediction Time! What Will Tom Brady's Punishment Be?

361 members have voted

1. 1. What will Tom Brady's penalty be for 'Deflategate'?

• No penalty. The NFL will have a meeting with him, and declare the situation resolved.
    • Small to moderate fine. (Less than $500k)
    • Larger fine. ($500k and above)
    • 1-2 game suspension
    • 3 or more game suspension
    • Lifetime ban.

The suspension will likely be 75% for refusing to comply with the investigation and 25% for his role in the deflation

Yep, if Brady would have played his hand right in the beginning he wouldn't be in this situation. He should have said something to the tune of, "the balls were a little heavier than I liked. I asked if we could get that corrected. I never intended for them to drop below the legal limit. I apologize for my error and understand that there may be consequences." If he would have said something like that they would have dragged this out through the Super Bowl (the league would never let him miss the Super Bowl) and then he would have gotten a slap on the wrist.

Instead he did the exact opposite. The major charge isn't deflating the footballs. It's not cooperating and lying.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, if Brady would have played his hand right in the beginning he wouldn't be in this situation. He should have said something to the tune of, "the balls were a little heavier than I liked. I asked if we could get that corrected. I never intended for them to drop below the legal limit. I apologize for my error and understand that there may be consequences." If he would have said something like that they would have dragged this out through the Super Bowl (the league would never let him miss the Super Bowl) and then he would have gotten a slap on the wrist.

Instead he did the exact opposite. The major charge isn't deflating the footballs. It's not cooperating and lying.

If I had to bet on why he refused to comply it's because evidence would have came out of Belichick and/or Kraft's knowledge of all of this and would have opened a whole new can of worms...

IMO,he will get more than a NHL player caught with too much curve in his stick as it helps puck handling. That infraction in the NHL will get you a 2 minute minor in the box. Yea, they don't eff around.

For me I say make Brady play with a under inflated basketball for 8 games. Roger keeps his ratings and the comedic value would be off the charts. Then after the game like some judges have been known to do for minor thieves, etc. make him walk around Chowda head stadium with a sign saying I cheated.

hey, where is WEO these days, with his team getting justifiable bad press?

I work for the NFL ... he is getting a 4 game suspension.

Well, I'm convinced. :cry:

What ever happened to, "innocent until proven guilty". Now all I see is, "guilty until proven innocent".

Then you haven't been looking very closely.

I work for the NFL ... he is getting a 4 game suspension.

Any thought in NFL circles as to why Brady refused to turn over phone? Incriminating evidence of himself or potentially Belichick and/or Kraft?

Welcome to the Intarweb and the age of the 24 hour news cycle, where you are tried and convicted within the first hour. Facts be damned

This happened in January, and the report was issued in May. That's a lot of hours.

Edited by Captain Caveman

I say he does, I predict 8 game suspension

which will be reduced to 6 and a half million

dollar fine.

chime with your thoughts

I tend to think 4 games is what will stick after the inevitable appeal, tho one might think the appeal will be somewhat compromised by Brady's refusal to cooperate with the investigation.

I also expect repercussions at the HC and team levels. A fine and maybe a draft pick -first round. While BB may not have been in on this the low rate of Patriot fumbles since 2006 when teams were given control of the game balls suggests otherwise. And the Pats are repeat offenders.

So he orchestrated the entire thing but he's taking the fall for others? Explain.

Flawed evidence means reasonable doubt. The NFL cannot conclude that tampering happened. This Bills fan wants Tom Brady on the field, week 2 for a no excuse victory.

More scrutiny should be on the NFL’s lack of simple procedures, like documenting the pressures measured before the game.

The Pats esp Tom Brady is going to pay the price for the NFL’s lack of simple QA procedures.

Imo

Flawed evidence means reasonable doubt. The NFL cannot conclude that tampering happened. This Bills fan wants Tom Brady on the field, week 2 for a no excuse victory.

Imo

I want Brady on the field, but only if he's on his back on the field. Or his front, or his side.... but not on his feet. Procedures will change. Cheaters make everyone else look closer. Then they look for new weak spots... and the cheating goes on.

More scrutiny should be on the NFL’s lack of simple procedures, like documenting the pressures measured before the game.

The Pats esp Tom Brady is going to pay the price for the NFL’s lack of simple QA procedures.

Imo

one of the equipment guys called himself the DEFLATOR

there can be no doubt about what that means

bribes were had and lies were told.