LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

I hate to throw cold water on this whole thing, but I think the Bills, and every other team, need to proceed slowly and with extreme caution.

The facts, as I understand them, are that the girl becomes pregnant and tells Collins that the baby might be his. He ends contact with her. Then, just days before he is set to get drafted in the 1st Rd and become an overnight multimillionaire, she answers a knock on her front door and is shot multiple times in the torso.

She dies and later the baby dies also. Collins has an alibi that he is an hour away at a Pelicans NBA game.Does not mean that he didn't pay to have her shot.

Now Occum's Razor would suggest that the guy that would have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support each year for 21 years is the most likely suspect for a murder that surely seems to have targeted the unborn child. It seems quite possible that Collins is the new Rae Carruth.

Now, I hope he is innocent and the police completely put him in the clear, but until that happens I can't let myself start to dream on how he may solidify our line.

Agree or disagree?

Paying child support for one child when you're a millionaire isn't something to murder over. If that's the story, then he's an idiot. (Not that there's many murder scenarios that make a whole lot of sense, but still)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to throw cold water on this whole thing, but I think the Bills, and every other team, need to proceed slowly and with extreme caution.

The facts, as I understand them, are that the girl becomes pregnant and tells Collins that the baby might be his. he ends contact with her. Then, just days before he is set to get drafted in the 1st Rd and become an overnight multimillionaire, she answers a knock on her front door and is shot multiple times in the torso.

She dies and later the baby dies also. Collins has an alibi that he is an hour away at a Pelicans NBA game.Does not mean that he didn't pay to have her shot.

Now Occum's Razor would suggest that the guy that would have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support each year for 21 years is the most likely suspect for a murder that surely seems to have targeted the unborn child. It seems quite possible that Collins is the new Rae Carruth.

Now, I hope he is innocent and the police completely put him in the clear, but until that happens I can't let myself start to dream on how he may solidify our line.

Agree or disagree?

i think declaring occums razor to say that he paid someone to kill the kid is not a fair assessment.

is it possible? yea. is it possible that the girl was involved in any number of things and new orleans/baton rouge are easy cities to fall in with the wrong crowd? yea. not knowing what happened im not going to point fingers at him, or smear the girl.

that we are over a week into this, and hes met with the police and answered everything, and hes taken a polygraph test on his own last week all look to be good signs for him. we dont even know the kid was his, so im not sure that "the kid was his, and he murdered her 8 months after he found out during the week of the draft" is the easiest explanation.

Edited by NoSaint

The facts, as I understand them, are that the girl becomes pregnant and tells Collins that the baby might be his. He ends contact with her. Then, just days before he is set to get drafted in the 1st Rd and become an overnight multimillionaire, she answers a knock on her front door and is shot multiple times in the torso.

Agree or disagree?

He wouldn't have even noticed the financial burden if he had his 1st round contract, so that's a really thin motive if you ask me.

Agree or disagree?

Occam's razor would ask why you referenced it while jumping to lots of conclusions while inventing a theory

It would actually state all guys that had relations would be questioned, so at this point it's likely nothing.

Agree or disagree?

So true...so true...

100% agree.

However, I still hope they sign him with a big caveat that if he is found to play a role in this that he forfeits any guaranteed money/contract terms.

Agree or disagree?

Half of that isn't even facts, just supposition.

Agree or disagree?

Disagree. Look, if he's guilty he certainly will never play. And he certainly ought to be treated just like any other suspect by the police and he certainly has motive. But...

1) So far, he's not considered a suspect. He's gone in for questioning and they let him walk. I know this isn't CSI where cases are wrapped up neat in a bow in two days, but it sounds pretty thin.

2) if he is guilty, I would gladly have the Bills eat any dead money on a rookie UDFA contract which is middling in the NFL. How many UDFA do we cut without a second thought each year?

Agree or disagree?

She was 8 months pregnant & as I understand it, they broke up a few months ago. So there's a chance that it's his child that passed, which adds an additional layer of motive. That being said, he looks to have not physically done it (like Rae Carruth) & wasn't even technically in town. He could of hired someone but that usually takes money, which he hasn't gotten yet. I would think the police would check his bank accounts & see if any large sums of cash had been withdrawn / major money moments. Following the money is usually a good start, then talking with all their mutually friends.

Personally speaking, I think the dude got railroaded & she got herself in a street debt figuring she'd pay it off when the contract was signed. When the money guy found out she couldn't pay, he made an example out of her not to borrow unless you can pay.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

Agree or disagree?

If Collins is hiring a "murder for hire" he would need a nice hefty sum of money. He hasn't gotten that from the NFL yet. I know places are all too eager to give loans to guys before they get drafted, but that creates a pretty clear paper trail. I would imagine police checked his bank records long ago and he'd shoot up the suspect list if there were a random withdrawal for ~$10k or more that didn't match up to any purchases. Risking your entire football livelyhood before you haven't actually seen a dime seems like a hefty sum to pay just to duck some child support.

Personally speaking, I think the dude got railroaded & she got herself in a street debt figuring she'd pay it off when the contract was signed.

This is the much more likely scenario. Knocking on the door and firing a shotgun to the gut is way too messy for a murder for hire. That's how street debts are settled.

If Collins is hiring a "murder for hire" he would need a nice hefty sum of money. He hasn't gotten that from the NFL yet. I know places are all too eager to give loans to guys before they get drafted, but that creates a pretty clear paper trail. I would imagine police checked his bank records long ago and he'd shoot up the suspect list if there were a random withdrawal for ~$10k or more that didn't match up to any purchases. Risking your entire football livelyhood before you haven't actually seen a dime seems like a hefty sum to pay just to duck some child support.

This isn't some white collar guy hiring someone to murder his lover...finding an overseas contract killer for a couple hundred thousand....IF he did it, which I don't think he did, it would be hiring some street gang/thugs to do it, maybe even friends. Any of which would do it for the promise of future money. We're talking the streets here, you want a killer? You can find one

But again, I doubt he did, but it would not be difficult to hook up with some gang bangers

Clearly, if he's guilty we shouldn't sign him and if he's innocent we should.

But there's another possibility. What if the case lingers unsolved with lots of suspicion directed toward Collins?

Do we want a suspected killer playing for the Bills?

Christ.

She got shot and killed. She was pregnant. She used to date Collins. Collins was interviewed by the police. Collins is not a suspect.

Unless news has broke this morning I haven't heard, that is ALL we know. Everything else is supposition.

Clearly, if he's guilty we shouldn't sign him and if he's innocent we should.

But there's another possibility. What if the case lingers unsolved with lots of suspicion directed toward Collins?

Do we want a suspected killer playing for the Bills?

He's not a suspect.

Christ.

She got shot and killed. She was pregnant. She used to date Collins. Collins was interviewed by the police. Collins is not a suspect.

Unless news has broke this morning I haven't heard, that is ALL we know. Everything else is supposition.

Yes but Occum's Razor... Although I could of sworn it was Occam. Must be another guy.

If La'el signs with the Dolphins or Bills, he is a true competitor. This division now probably has the highest propensity to make or break offensive linemen. Maybe he is up for the challenge. His future $$ numbers may take a beating in this division by no fault of his own, but rather subject to the performance of the rest of his line. Maybe his agent convinces him to sign somewhere more comfortable and close to shiny rings, where the refs are on your side, and the organization you work for can seemingly do no wrong. Fortunately, I don't think the league lets Krafty get anywhere near Collins.... ya know.. just in case.

This isn't some white collar guy hiring someone to murder his lover...finding an overseas contract killer for a couple hundred thousand....IF he did it, which I don't think he did, it would be hiring some street gang/thugs to do it, maybe even friends. Any of which would do it for the promise of future money. We're talking the streets here, you want a killer? You can find one

But again, I doubt he did, but it would not be difficult to hook up with some gang bangers

You think if Collins hired a street thug with the promise of future money he's in jeopardy of not seeing he'd be hanging out around home, publicly meeting with the police, publicly meeting with the Bills at a restaurant?

This is a ridiculous rabbit hole. There's guys in the NFL paying child support to 10+ children with 4+ different women. He's not murdering this girl over that.

Christ.

Yep, that is how I feel. He has answered all of the questions and passed a polygraph test. It is worth a shot to try to lock this guy up (especially considering the $$$). You cannot get a guy this talented for that money. If something comes out later you just wash your hands like the Pats did with Hernandez. AH was always considered a suspect, La'El is kind of the opposite.