RD 3, Pick 81: OG John Miller, Louisville

SDS

This is the kind of kid that Richie doesn't even want to attempt trying to bully because he'd end up on his ass. Nice pick. An OLman with a mean streak. Just what we needed.

I doubt Incognito will dare try to bully this locker room. Not only because it's his last chance, but also because there's a few Bills there that will put him in his place.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams were scared off by the stress fracture apparently but it is not like a career ending injury. Probably headed for surgery but I would still make that pick as OT will become even a bigger need if Glenn walks in FA.

I think that they are also concerned that he played poorly against top competition at the Senior Bowl. Maybe that was just his inexperience on the OL (former DL) or maybe he was exposed as being just not that good. I am certain that if any team thought that he was a "first round talent" that he would have been taken by the end of round 3 for sure even if they knew that they would have to wait for him to get healthy.

I am intrigued by this. The matching of him against Lupata is silly. Lupata is huge, he went to SF and proved how good he was and took the money and went on. If anything this guy is someone we are not used to seeing succeed in the NFL. Some may say he's a bit too small because he is only 6'2". I just watched his highlights and didn't seem that impressed with any of it - his speed wasn't great but his foot quickness was nice. He seemed unsteady on his feet and overall could hopefully make a good depth player at OG. His speed will not beat NFL LB's and he doesn't keep his head up and moving enough to catch on to intricate defenses and blitz schemes.

I'd have much rather taken an OC who can play OG later in the draft or a camp cut for this position and gone another direction but oh well.

Kouaj.2

You're intrigued by a player you call Kouanj.2? Why would that be?

Whitewalker Merriman

15 Mar 2015

Depth depth depth...

maybe Practice Squad material. At best.

This is what makes message boards so awesome. Thank you.

Don't get me wrong. I want to build a monster O-line. I absolutely wish we had gotten someone besides Incognito in free agency. I would have greatly improved Tre Jackson, Laken Tomlinson, AJ Cann to La'el Collins. But when you've pissed away those opportunities, getting what should be depth and getting average guard play helps, and since he fits the scheme at this point I'm for it.

Quick question, where did that Lou Potty guy get taken?

Don't get me wrong. I want to build a monster O-line. I absolutely wish we had gotten someone besides Incognito in free agency. I would have greatly improved Tre Jackson, Laken Tomlinson, AJ Cann to La'el Collins. But when you've pissed away those opportunities, getting what should be depth and getting average guard play helps, and since he fits the scheme at this point I'm for it.

Quick question, where did that Lou Potty guy get taken?

1st round

You're intrigued by a player you call Kouanj.2? Why would that be?

I don't think kouanj is as bad as people think. I just think he had a hard time in arrones scheme. Don't think he will be all world but think he has yet to tap in to his ability as a Pro

fellow Louisville Cardinal eric wood will no doubt take him under his wing.

I would love for him to play somewhere in the middle of wood and incognito. Not too dirty, but someone who will take you and throw you into the stands. The strength he has and a bit if a mean streak would bode well against Suh the new fella from New England and the trouble 3 from New York.

@ryan_nellis: The #Bills new guard, John Miller, majored in JUSTICE ADMINISTRATION. That's the most fitting major for a lineman ever. EVER.

Must see pic in link

@NickVeronica: New #Bills offensive lineman John Miller has arms that are probably bigger than your legs https://t.co/IeVtlfMAAH

Yep...they are...and keep in mind that's coming from a former competitive power lifter

Like the pick. I think he can start day one at one of the guard spots. The knock on him was he's slow. who cares if he's playing in a phone booth. I never saw him pull from the video available on him. He seems really strong and his supposed strength is in run blocking with power. Welcome to the club youngster.

Solid pick, solid value at a position of need. I am not sure he will be a starter but he should provide good depth and a good option. I would love for the team to take a chance on Collins with one of their last picks. Collins plus Miller would be a nice additions to the O-line and would push a lot of guys on the roster. But if Collins is falling this far clearly teams know a lot more about the situation.