RD 3, Pick 81: OG John Miller, Louisville

SDS

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"in 2014 and actually led the ACC with 125 knockdown blocks and a 92.38% blocking grade. That’s outstanding. Starting at left guard for the entire season Miller only allowed two sacks. He’s 6-foot-2, 303-pounds and is very strong, especially in the lower body. Miller has an excellent initial punch and plays with a tough and relentless attitude and effort."

Dave-Te' Thomas Player Evaluation

I am intrigued by this. The matching of him against Lupata is silly. Lupata is huge, he went to SF and proved how good he was and took the money and went on. If anything this guy is someone we are not used to seeing succeed in the NFL. Some may say he's a bit too small because he is only 6'2". I just watched his highlights and didn't seem that impressed with any of it - his speed wasn't great but his foot quickness was nice. He seemed unsteady on his feet and overall could hopefully make a good depth player at OG. His speed will not beat NFL LB's and he doesn't keep his head up and moving enough to catch on to intricate defenses and blitz schemes.

I'd have much rather taken an OC who can play OG later in the draft or a camp cut for this position and gone another direction but oh well.

Kouaj.2

Did Jerry Sullivan just call a 3rd round pick "horrifying"? Please. What a douche.

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 20s20 seconds ago

Miller is a good pick for the #Bills, who had a crying need at OG. He is a tough, technically sound player.

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 1m1 minute ago

John Miller from Louisville it is. Guard. One word: power.

Jerry Sullivan ‏@TBNSully 36s36 seconds ago

Bills take a guard, John Miller, who was seen as a Day Three guy in our preview issue. He dropped in some mock drafts, which is horrifying.

When his name popped up I was just so relieved to finally acquire an offensive lineman.

I'd still like RT help but at least we have 'hope' at all 5 positions now.

Interesting that he sounds like such a mauler in the run game without being much more than 300 lbs. Roman must love this!

The most encouraging thing about this pick, to me, came from his former coach Charlie Strong on NFLN. If I recall correctly, he basically said Miller should improve, and quickly, as soon as he gets in a room with some veterans who can give him tips on refining his technique.

The most encouraging thing about this pick, to me, came from his former coach Charlie Strong on NFLN. If I recall correctly, he basically said Miller should improve, and quickly, as soon as he gets in a room with some veterans who can give him tips on refining his technique.

fellow Louisville Cardinal eric wood will no doubt take him under his wing.

fellow Louisville Cardinal eric wood will no doubt take him under his wing.

Can't wait to hear what Preston Brown has to say about Miller since they went against each other on the practice field. I'm sure the Bills asked his opinion before making this pick.

Can't wait to hear what Preston Brown has to say about Miller since they went against each other on the practice field. I'm sure the Bills asked his opinion before making this pick.

hes very excited haha

@PB_Number2: @bigboosie66 want me to pick you up?! Lol

Love the pick, enough that it washes the bad taste out of my mouth from Darby. I'll take a solid, ready to play guard who can step in Day 1 over another long term project with high upside.

id say the best part is he is perfect scheme fit. And Kromer is an excellent OL coach.