RD 3, Pick 81: OG John Miller, Louisville

SDS

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Sullivan ‏@TBNSully 36s36 seconds ago

Bills take a guard, John Miller, who was seen as a Day Three guy in our preview issue. He dropped in some mock drafts, which is horrifying.

"He dropped in some mock drafts, which is horrifying."

What? :blink: You're horrified by changes in mock drafts? Seriously?

What does Jerry Sullivan actually do for a living? I mean, what's his day job?

As for the pick...depth never hurts, but I've always been under the opinion that coaching was a much bigger issue than talent on Marrone's O-line. I can take it or leave it.

There were a few very decent OL left here so they obviously liked him. I'm all in favor of this. You never know when these guys will go but I'm very glad we got a OG who is tough.

This reminds me of the EJ and Kiko draft. If we would have taken Kiko first and EJ second, people would not have bitched so much. Same here. If we would have taken a OG first like Miller, and then Darby second, people wouldn't have bitched so much. Including me.

Very glad we didn't draft Petty or a QB.

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 35s36 seconds ago

John Miller is stud run blocker. Gets to 2nd lvl well. Fit for Roman / #Bills. Needs to be more under control as pass blocker. But can start

Eric Wood @EWood70 1m1 minute ago

My man John Miller! Congrats and welcome to the squad!

14 retweets 28 favorites
Chris Brown @ChrisBrownBills 2m2 minutes ago

G John Miller had pre-draft visit with #Bills - mountain of a man.

1 retweet 1 favorite
Jay Skurski @JaySkurski 13s14 seconds ago

Whaley ... "we need to get tougher up front." Says selecting Miller is a step in that direction.

Adam Benigni @AdamBenigni 30s31 seconds ago

#Bills Whaley says they're done for the night.

NFL.COM

Bottom Line

Miller isn't the most nimble athlete at the guard position and he will be limited by scheme fit, but the pure power in his upper body and his hands have scouts excited and there is a belief that he will be better as a pro than he was in college.

Edited by dezertbill

If they were fielding calls to trade back I wish they did. Miller is kinda on the smallish side but is strong if he gets his hands on you. However, needs a lot of technique work gets beat a lot. I don't see him starting on opening day. I wish we went tackle instead someone you could move inside if needed. Miller is a strictly a guard and is an ok pick but TJ Clemmings provided better value with 1st round ability.

Guarantee that Sully knows nothing about him.

He knows he slipped in mock drafts. Slipped "horrifyingly," in fact.

He's basing his opinion on other people's pretending. Friggin' brilliant. :lol:

He knows he slipped in mock drafts. Slipped "horrifyingly," in fact.

He's basing his opinion on other people's pretending. Friggin' brilliant. :lol:

What he didn't say was that he actually looked at that Mock Draft where Miller fell to 170, and Sully, amazingly, berated every one of the previous 169 picks.

NFL.COM

Bottom Line

Miller isn't the most nimble athlete at the guard position and he will be limited by scheme fit, but the pure power in his upper body and his hands have scouts excited and there is a belief that he will be better as a pro than he was in college.

Sounds Lupoti-esque lmo