Jerry S on football

Noted NFL expert Jerry Sullivan never fails to disappoint with his brilliant "insight" into the NFL. Last night he tweeted that it was amazing that AFC East teams were drafting to deal with the amazing Tom Brady. Dolphins picked a wide receiver, Jets a defensive tackle not known as a great pass rusher. Great insight Jerry. This morning Jerry mentioned in his column that the Bills defense was slightly overrated. Where does that come from? The Bills D last year accomplished wonders, considering the dysfunctional offense they had to bail out time and again. But take some comfort in the fact that Jerry is picking the Bills to finish about 8-8 this year. You see Jerry is such an expert that in his weekly NFL picks over the past five years, he has never managed to reach the .500 mark. And that's not picking against the spread, that's just picking winners regardless of points. That level of incompetence is not easy to reach.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pause from vacation to reiterate my position of early June: The Bills should have cut Marcell Dareus as soon as his car hit the tree.

https://twitter.com/TBNSully/status/491260600232587264

That says it all IMO.

Seriously? And now that the legal troubles are basically over, what reasoning does he have for this?

A pause from vacation to reiterate my position of early June: The Bills should have cut Marcell Dareus as soon as his car hit the tree.

https://twitter.com/TBNSully/status/491260600232587264

That says it all IMO.

To be fair, a good number of posters here said the same thing. And thought he'd get tagged with serious charges because the DA had an open and shut case. He's just being their mouthpiece.

I don't read Jerry because - even on the sunniest day - he'll always find some dark cloud to talk about.

He doesn't have inside information. He doesn't know more than the average fan on this board. He's not especially eloquent. What does he have to offer?

I'm not entirely sure if his negativity is a journalistic shtick or if he is a Debbie Downer in real life. But I wouldn't want him for a neighbor.