Jerry S on football

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most newspapers are bleeding red ink. It's sad that the BN makes money but treats their employees that way, if what Jerry says is accurate. Good newspapers, good media in general, can't happen without devoted people. Hard to do that when you are working a full time job and still losing ground.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Who would be the people he is ripping? Warren Buffett?

Buffett is the owner, though he has underlings who manage his assets. The mandate in all business is maximize profits. If you can't sell more ads you take it from your workers.

I personally think that the union is why the News doesn't fire subpar hacks like Bucky and Harrington. Sully ate some sour grapes, but at least he can write.

I do notice that the columnists seem to be required more often than in the days of Larry Felser. But, I'm not sure that is such a hard thing.

I personally think that the union is why the News doesn't fire subpar hacks like Bucky and Harrington. Sully ate some sour grapes, but at least he can write.

Ya think??

The Guild isn't what it used to be, but it's still there...making it difficult to fire members 'at will.'

Ya think??

The Guild isn't what it used to be, but it's still there...making it difficult to fire members 'at will.'

I know they couldn't even fire Rodney McK after he was caught plagiarizing. Although, he seemed to make a comeback and now I haven't seen him for awhile............But, at one point I had heard that he wouldn't be writing anymore, but would still have a job because of the union. So, maybe that's what his status is now.

Noted NFL expert Jerry Sullivan never fails to disappoint with his brilliant "insight" into the NFL. Last night he tweeted that it was amazing that AFC East teams were drafting to deal with the amazing Tom Brady. Dolphins picked a wide receiver, Jets a defensive tackle not known as a great pass rusher. Great insight Jerry. This morning Jerry mentioned in his column that the Bills defense was slightly overrated. Where does that come from? The Bills D last year accomplished wonders, considering the dysfunctional offense they had to bail out time and again. But take some comfort in the fact that Jerry is picking the Bills to finish about 8-8 this year. You see Jerry is such an expert that in his weekly NFL picks over the past five years, he has never managed to reach the .500 mark. And that's not picking against the spread, that's just picking winners regardless of points. That level of incompetence is not easy to reach.

There is good money in irritating the general public. He's just trying to make a living.

According to his LinkedIn page, he left the Snooze in May 2014 and is now doing freelance work...

Hmmmm. I wonder what happened. That was back when Alan Pergmanent did not work for the News, and he was very critical of them on his blog............Now that he's back with them, he never wrote another word about Rodney.

I really liked Rodney, too. It sucks that he did that..............You know that Bucky and Harrington never did that - because nobody writes as bad as them to copy from!!

Jerry will be negative until the bills can win a playoff game...he's been right for 15 years....but to make himself more interesting he signed Percy harvin and traded his wife for lesean McCoy this off season.

Edited by enlightener

Jerry will be negative until the bills can win a playoff game...he's been right for 15 years....but to make himself more interesting he signed Percy harvin and traded his wife for lesean McCoy this off season.

Jerry will be negative when we win one too. "Nice win but you took long enough!"