Voluntary veteran mini-camp

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that Whaley will open his car door? Pull out his chair? Put his jacket over a puddle? I'm just trying to figure out how real the interest is? If they put the bill on 2 credit cards I'm pretty confident that it won't be Petty. If Whaley orders for him -that's love.

Ha! Well from what we know, they're all fine gentlemen. I realize it's 'Ruse Week' in the League calendar, but if their bluffing, that's a pricey game, given they're flying up to Chicago tomorrow. Petty has a CANNON of an arm and 66 TDs to 11INTs is noteworthy. ..

I have that feeling too. I also BILLieve that IF we sign a QB that it will be Cassel or Manuel to get traded or cut. Not Taylor.

I think it will be Manuel

To me Cassell is one of those guys you really want to keep on your team be it the starter or backup......because if its the starter then fine if its the backup he is a great locker room guy and mentor.

Tyrod Taylor has found a way to remain the backup in baltimore for years.......he never was really given a chance there as the starter because they already have Flacco.

This is gonna be interesting.

He doesn't really belong in the league. He suffered from the dreaded RMD, which of course, stands for Reverse Marrone's Disease.

RMD, by definition, means you have been proven to be terrible by the eye as well as the stat test, and yet are put in Marrone's God House.

Remember when he didn't want to put him on the practice squad because he was an obvious poaching target??

Rex: "there's Jeff Tuel too, but let's be realistic.."

It's almost like there is something there between the the line. Some sort of code...

Who knew we could glean so much information from a few comments after the first minicamp practice of the season.

C'mon, Rubes! This has been 'our season' for 15 years! We're absolute EXPERTS in this regard! Ha!

I know the team has been inCredibly successful in wooing us over the last decade and a half in getting us to buy in to their plan to fix the team, but this really is exciting! If only because Ralph (Bless him) isn't behind the personal frugality of weak choices..

We're EXPERTS! -Dammit!

Who knew we could glean so much information from a few comments after the first minicamp practice of the season.

Haha...lord i thought it bad last training camp we had a tweet on every play, and I followed every single stinking tweet!

How long till we tweet every "walk through" play, or whatever the hell this stuff is in this voluntary, no pads, no O vs D ...

You've gleaned all of that from these guys presumably throwing against air?

Can't wait for the season to start...

Nope from the coaches and everything I've heard about each guy. That's why I said I was reading between the lines. It could change but that's the way they are leaning as of now. EJ hasn't done anything to impress the new coaching staff as of yet. Unless he has a heck of a preseason, he might not even make this team. And Tuel is gone. Possibly before next week

first impressions mean a lot. They had their bias before camp started and this is just setting them in stone. They are starting fresh

One has to have the make-up, accuracy, and feel for the game to develop as a successful NFL quarterback. EJ has shown me none of the above, inexperience aside.

I want to fix the OL and TE , then see what the QB can do before moving on .

I'm going to read between the lines and say Cassel is already separating himself as the starter, EJ not coming in and blowing everyone away is not a good sign, they are intrigued by Tyrod which makes EJ expendable, and Tuel is as good as gone. I bet they draft a guy in the 5th and cut Tuel the next day. Sounds like Cassel #1 and Tyrod #2 and rookie #3. I know it's only day 1 but that's how it looks so far

:lol:

I mean, it could happen... but a little early to be making decisions, no?