Voluntary veteran mini-camp

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He really is...he takes very good care of himself and works his tail off. Good kid...really hope the light does go on for him.

The light may go on and he still may not be accurate enough.

I've supported him on here before for being accurate enough. But he has a completion percentage kind of accuracy. He also has a processing information quick enough and correct enough issue. I'm sure that's what you mean by the light going on. But it would have to go on to Batsignal strength if he still suffers from the accuracy problem. A lot of that is intertwined though. His accuracy will surely improve with confidence and experience and the light going on. If that happens he can be a decent starter.

What he needs to be a franchise QB however is the light going on, AND not only the accuracy drastically increased, but it has to go from where it is now to where it was in college (completion percentage accurate) and then beyond that to YAC kind of accuracy where he hits guys regularly on the numbers not just close enough for them to catch. He may not be able to do that ever. We don't know.

He needs the light to go on and the laser to go on, too.

I've supported him on here before for being accurate enough. But he has a completion percentage kind of accuracy. He also has a processing information quick enough and correct enough issue. I'm sure that's what you mean by the light going on. But it would have to go on to Batsignal strength if he still suffers from the accuracy problem. A lot of that is intertwined though. His accuracy will surely improve with confidence and experience and the light going on. If that happens he can be a decent starter.

What he needs to be a franchise QB however is the light going on, AND not only the accuracy drastically increased, but it has to go from where it is now to where it was in college (completion percentage accurate) and then beyond that to YAC kind of accuracy where he hits guys regularly on the numbers not just close enough for them to catch. He may not be able to do that ever. We don't know.

Indeed...if it doesn't, it won't be for lack of effort.

I admit it....I do look for any positive I can find. When Rex talks about him "really firing it" I was happy.

I admit it....I do look for any positive I can find. When Rex talks about him "really firing it" I was happy.

Me too. I think that he just needs to fire the ball, forget about placing it like he seemed to be doing.

I'm not shocked with hearing Rex rave about Goodwin. I remember Goodwin working Cromartie a few years ago, forcing him to play off and nuking his way to 6-8 yard gains. Cromartie then played press...and Goodwin just outran him for a deep TD.

Glad to hear Rex rave about Goodwin, I've liked that guy from the day he arrived, lot's of potential imho. Hopefully he'll remain that way once the pads go on in due time.

I have that feel ing too. I also BILLieve that IF we sign a QB that it will be Cassel or Manuel to get traded or cut. Not Taylor.

I'm with you Manther on this one. I think should TT grade out slightly below/equal/or obviously a tad above Cassel, and the Bills draft a QB next week, I can see TT starter, EJ back up, Cassel as trade bait. Why TT? other than the fact that Rex loves the kid, it seems that he has quite a bit of upside to him. That equates to a more secure long term QB position, than keeping "Cassel Qb rentals". That is not to say Cassel is not starter material, rather his services as a back up in Buffalo does not allow the team to develop their young QBs. Besides, we've already gone the "RENT A QB RECK FOR A SEASON" route. Should the draft give us a player who can push EJ out the door, so be it. But as long as he is under a rookie contract, this team would be foolish to just cut him without having given him a serious opportunity to develop. It is easy to assert that EJ had all last season (minus 4 games) to develop, but you have to consider the circumstances. Was that really the kind of development opportunity that can realisticly benefit the team at this point? I submit that it wasn't.

Edited by RokpileR

I heard a rumor that Richie took Tuel's ball and refused to give it back.

Ohh boy, bullying doesn't take long to rear it's ugly head again!

I know that some people here (KTD & I at least) believe that Rex may use Goodwin some.

Well, when you realize that changing personnel groupings allows you to attack different parts of the field you'll see a need for Goodwin. If you just want to get "your best 5" out there all the time, you won't. And then, toward the end of the year teams will start to lock you down because of it.

I'm with you Manther on this one. I think should TT grade out slightly below/equal/or obviously a tad above Cassel, and the Bills draft a QB next week ...

If they draft a QB next week, it will be much too late. Unless Whaley just wants to get an early scoop on next year. He's crafty that way.

GO BILLS!!!

Haphazardly copying and pasting tweets (yolo)does not equal fancy links with proper titles and audio timing (26). I'm just here so I won't get fined.

we love and appreciate you. dont worry about that.

not here "right now"....

right! crazy choice of words