ESPN Insider? Kiper/McShay 3rd Mock

Anyone have NFL Insider with ESPN? McShay and Kiper did an 3 round mock draft alternating picks and we can only see first 9 picks...curious to how they Had the Bills picking rounds 2 and 3...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/insider/story/_/id/12743488/mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-go-head-head-three-round-mock-2015-nfl-draft

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think that qb is a reality at 50 or 81. Depends on who they fancy and if they are there.

I'm not, there are currently 3 OT's on the team(Henderson, Glenn, Kouandjio). There are also currently only 5/6 LB's and 4/5 DE's, depending on where you put Lawson. Picking a QB, who will most likely sit for a year or 2 and not providing depth at those positions could be a huge mistake. Injuries will happen, the Bills were extremely lucky last year in that aspect.

This draft looks deep for OT so a 3rd pick , OG in the 2nd . Use the two 6rd and 7 to move up

Ali Marpet for a blocking TE should make for a good running game and give the QB time.

Edited by ALF

I'd be disappointed with that pick at 50. I've seen him a bunch, he's got to sit for at least a year.

wouldn't any QB you take at that pick need a year or two. or more ??? I would rather see a good (the best available) o-lineman.

I can't imagine anybody would be able to predict beyond the first round. In fact, beyond the first 10 the accuracy of the mock drafts is pretty bad. I wouldn't put any faith in a mock for pick 50 or 81. Especially Kiper. He seems to always have agendas for each different team that are way off base.

I'm starting to think that qb is a reality at 50 or 81. Depends on who they fancy and if they are there.

This MIGHT be true if:

The 15 Bills are content not to take the best possible run at the playoffs this year.

There is NO (ZERO, NADA, ZILCH) QBs who can be taken at 50 (or in fact outside the top 2 that anyone sees as a serious possibility to lead his team this year. If the Bills take a QB with one of their two picks they are confidently making the run with serious questions at least on the OL, back-up TE (when Roman likely goes 2 TE a lot,) a lot of depth issues.

I do not see the Bills not taking the best run possible at not going 16 years + with no playoffs. A QB draft pick on the second makes a bad 2015 more likely in exchange for a remote possibility that we will get a franchise QB from pick 50 or 81.

This draft looks deep for OT so a 3rd pick , OG in the 2nd . Use the two 6rd and 7 to move up

Ali Marpet for a blocking TE should make for a good running game and give the QB time.

Shouldn't Ali Marpet be the prediction for the Bills at #50? I see people here talking about the Bills taking him in the 3rd round but he isn't lasting till their pick there.

The guy can play all the positions on the line. Our Guard position needs shoring up. What happens if Woods goes down or his level of his play starts getting worse than the average level he is now? Having a guy who can play OT if a starter gets injured is very crucial.

Shouldn't Ali Marpet be the prediction for the Bills at #50? I see people here talking about the Bills taking him in the 3rd round but he isn't lasting till their pick there.

The guy can play all the positions on the line. Our Guard position needs shoring up. What happens if Woods goes down or his level of his play starts getting worse than the average level he is now? Having a guy who can play OT if a starter gets injured is very crucial.

We have Harvin who can stand in if Woods goes down, or, in a pinch, Hogan.

I'm starting to feel like we should go CB with our 2nd rounder. McKelvin is a likely cap cut next offseason, Graham will be another year older and be a safety at that point, Gilmore would be PAID, which players have a possibility to regress afterwards, and beyond those two, we have underwhelming depth. I'm a fan of Robey, but not on the perimeter. Rex loves CBs, and I think our MAJOR needs, OL, can be addressed in the 3rd as it's a deep year, or by a June 1st veteran cut.

If the Bills take a QB with one of the first two it will contradict everything they have done this offseason.

Bills are in a win now mode. The Bills are taking the Seattle approach. Build a great D, good running game, good special teams, and ask your QB to make a couple plays to win a game when needed.

To that end the second round pick needs to be a contributor this season and so does the third round pick.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

That draft would upset me.

I wouldn't touch Grayson before the 3rd, and I think Golden is a situational guy--that type that can be had in the later rounds by drafting someone like Davis Tull.

Still think it looks like DT at 50 and OG/OT at 81

If the Bills take a QB with one of the first two it will contradict everything they have done this offseason.

Bills are in a win now mode. The Bills are taking the Seattle approach. Build a great D, good running game, good special teams, and ask your QB to make a couple plays to win a game when needed.

To that end the second round pick needs to be a contributor this season and so does the third round pick.

I think taking a QB in the 2nd or 3rd would be an "insurance" move at by far the most important position in the NFL. I'm a vocal supporter of Manuel's chances in that I still think he can get over the hump this year, but what if he doesn't? I can't fault the Bills for having a second year insurance QB in their back pocket if Manuel fails this season and is off the team in 2016. If Manuel can't make it happen with everything around him this year (defense, running game, star WRs, athletic play-making TE) then the Bills would be drafting a rookie QB next season on a win now team. Either that or they had better hope they could make a trade for a real QB like Brees. The options are so limited when you're looking for a QB and they may feel drafting a backup LB, CB or OL isn't as important as drafting a QB.

Then the QB competition gets real interesting because one of Cassel, Manuel or Taylor will get cut. If they do draft a QB, I think Cassel would be the odd man out because Manuel's 25 years old and has already had that "extended time on the bench to learn from the vet QB" experience.

Edited by 1billsfan

This MIGHT be true if:

The 15 Bills are content not to take the best possible run at the playoffs this year.

There is NO (ZERO, NADA, ZILCH) QBs who can be taken at 50 (or in fact outside the top 2 that anyone sees as a serious possibility to lead his team this year. If the Bills take a QB with one of their two picks they are confidently making the run with serious questions at least on the OL, back-up TE (when Roman likely goes 2 TE a lot,) a lot of depth issues.

I do not see the Bills not taking the best run possible at not going 16 years + with no playoffs. A QB draft pick on the second makes a bad 2015 more likely in exchange for a remote possibility that we will get a franchise QB from pick 50 or 81.

Long term >>>>> 2015. If they really like one of the QBs, they should take him. It's really not even a debate. That being said, who knows if they really like one. I could see us drafting BPA if it's a DL, LB or OT/OG (possibly a Safety). We need a qb now more than ever. We have a team built to win SBs......if we have a pretty good qb. A qb that doesn't suck might get us to the playoffs. I believe one of our current QBs can help get us to the playoffs, but I doubt we win a SB. The bengals make the playoffs every year.

Until we have a true franchise QB, it's my opinion that we should keep rolling the dice. It doesn't have to be with our 1st pick or even 2nd or 3rd. If there's a qb on the board that they believe in and he's of decent value for the pick, don't hesitate. The non QBs also have a chance to bust and be completely irrelevant.

We have Harvin who can stand in if Woods goes down, or, in a pinch, Hogan.

I'm starting to feel like we should go CB with our 2nd rounder. McKelvin is a likely cap cut next offseason, Graham will be another year older and be a safety at that point, Gilmore would be PAID, which players have a possibility to regress afterwards, and beyond those two, we have underwhelming depth. I'm a fan of Robey, but not on the perimeter. Rex loves CBs, and I think our MAJOR needs, OL, can be addressed in the 3rd as it's a deep year, or by a June 1st veteran cut.

Graham will be a safety? He had a great season at cb. Predicting he won't be a cb in 2016 is a reach imo. Mckelvin is a bit pricey but let the season play out. He could be a beast and worth his contract. If he isn't, ask him to take a pay cut or cut him. I think Theresa a good chance gilmore, Graham, Leo and Robey continue as our our CBs or a few years. I wouldn't be happy drafting a CB with our first pick that would likely sit on the bench all year. if that said CB could also play QB, then sure, take him. It's the only position holding this team back at the moment.