Espn NFL Nation reporters predict 5-11 season for Bills

see, i think that sounds like crazy talk to me. 15 i think is ridiculous, while 5 is a few key injuries and bad bounces away. I think we are a 9 win team +/- a game for luck. and in this league its a lot easier to have really bad luck than incredibly good luck - leaving a 4 game drop a lot easier than a 6 game bounce to 15-1.

I guess that the point is that they are both virtually impossible. There is too much depth to get crippled by an injury. 7 to 11 is the window that is possible IMO but closer to 10-11 than 7-8.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that the point is that they are both virtually impossible. There is too much depth to get crippled by an injury. 7 to 11 is the window that is possible IMO but closer to 10-11 than 7-8.

ill go with the classic wanny season example of a couple injuries/distractions on our defensive line -- that would totally change the face of our defense (i think rex would be better at coping than schwartz, or in the example wanny), but heaven forbid mccoy busts an acl early and we lose mario and marcell for stretches, i think we could get to sub .500 quick.

or if glenn and wood get stacked as an injury pairing.

Edited by NoSaint

ill go with the classic wanny season example of a couple injuries/distractions on our defensive line -- that would totally change the face of our defense (i think rex would be better at coping than schwartz, or in the example wanny), but heaven forbid mccoy busts an acl early and we lose mario and marcell for stretches, i think we could get to sub .500 quick.

or if glenn and wood get stacked as an injury pairing.

By the same token you could play at the Pats with Brady out or the Bengals minus AJ Green. Everyone has key guys that would hurt you to lose. It is just as likely to play a tougher win minus one of their stars as it is a likely win without one of yours. It usually evens out.

I actually think that the Bills are in a MUCH better position to sustain an injury to a key guy than just about anyone. I think that Glenn and Bradham may be the 2 most difficult to replace (as ironic as that may sound).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

by saying the Bills will lose the last 7 is pure stupidity

we all need to write letters to ESPN to get Rodent reassigned to another team.

Rodak didn't say they would lose the last 7. He predicted a 9-7 season, which given the iffy situations at QB and OL is not unrealistic. In any event, preseason predictions of records mean complete squat. They are just "pundits" and "reporters" engaging in a giant circle jerk. Anyone getting either excited or upset with these predictions really should get a life.

The sad thing is that Rodhack didnt even write us as going 5-11. He said 9-7. Anyway, a loss to Jax? Thats some crazy :censored:

I don't know how it's put together, but I am envisioning a giant conference call with all team's reps present and discussion regarding how things play out. If that's actually the case, I would imagine Rodak is by far one of the weakest representatives in the room. That's how things like losses to Jacksonville are allowed to fly, we don't have anyone on our side pounding the table claiming it's BS.

I think the worst they'll be is 5-3 by mid season. However, I see potential for an 8-0 record if they beat their first three teams and they're looking like a team about to go on a serious roll.

Unlike previous Bills teams, the players on this team really do think they have the talent now to be a playoff team. The landscape of the AFC is not so tough anymore either.

Transition teams like the Bills are impossible to predict. You're right, we could go 5-3, or 8-0. However to be 5-11? Mathematically, the best we could do was 2-6 or 3-5 in the first half, to get us to 5-11 for the season. That's why this "analysis" is absurd. What we have here is homerism combined with the systemic Bills-hate that is pervasive to ESPN.

For 8 years, the Bills were the best ATS team in the league. I didn't check it last year, but, this has been a trend for quite some time, and we've always been top 5. That statistic proves that irrational Bills-hate exists. My prediction: The bookies lose their shirts on the Bills in the first 4 games, and then they learn their lesson. That's why I don't expect to see large spreads one way or the other after the first 4 games, regardless of the bets taken.

So because guys actually made plays to win games we should discount them from our record?

There were games that we SHOULD have won last year but did not......should we include them in our record?

In the end.....your record is what it is. And our record was 9-7This fan base is just so beat down....its disgusting

GameS we should have won? Please share your thoughts. KC? We had 3 possessions to overcome the fumble through the end zone. Houston? Same thing. We weren't snake bit at the end the way we stole games. This fan base is just so giddy. It's ..

The NFL Nation Reporters are old news bandwagon fans. They look at teams buy what they have done, not what they can or will do. THey will always pick last years flavor not this years. When the Bills go 11-5 and win the AFC East, the next year they will call them favorites for the Superbowl.

And they'll be right. Because, if the Bills go 11-5, it means they've found their QB, and with a fairly young team that finally gels, the 2016 season will be fantastic.

That's all assuming the Bills are 11-5 this year. I don't know how to predict some of the key games. We split with Miami last year. This year the fish have Suh lining up against Wood. Holy crap. McCoy averages -2 yards per carry. The Jets forced a win down our throats in NJ and they had to keep pushing because we kept declining extra helpings, and how they have Revis to take Sammy out of the game. Will anyone step up? The Pats ought to have gotten old by now but they keep winning somehow. And Gronk is back, and we have no one to cover him. (Who does?). We could go 0-6 in the AFCE. Or 5-1. Who the heck knows?

Please somebody tell what is more insulting:

The complete disrespect for one of the top four defenses in the League (now, with a revamped offense on the other side) or the indication that apparently the ONLY determining factor of whether the Bills beat you appears to be the weather, and not the talent?

Were the Dolphins lucky to get us in that most horrible of weather conditions month in Orchard Park last year known as September?

GameS we should have won? Please share your thoughts. KC? We had 3 possessions to overcome the fumble through the end zone. Houston? Same thing. We weren't snake bit at the end the way we stole games. This fan base is just so giddy. It's ..

KC and Houston are both games that you could say we should have won.....had we just made a couple more offensive plays in those games they are wins.....

What I am saying is just as correct as you talking about how if a player DIDNT make a play we DONT win

See what I did there?

We need to make a couple more plays here and there and we are in the playoffs.......we made enough plays that we would have been picking 19th this year........

And this team brought in proven talent at both the player AND the coaching postions

So what is not to get excited about?