Rodak: Why the Bills should consider trading EJ Manuel

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did you all a favor for those who won't read his stuff by telling you wrote it first :lol:

He compares it to the trade market that was available for Tebow.

"Statistically, the two quarterbacks were remarkably similar in their first two seasons. From 2010 to 2011, Tebow made 14 starts, posting an 8-6 record, a 73.2 passer rating and a 35.3 Total QBR. From 2013 to 2014, Manuel also made 14 starts, posting a 6-8 record, 78.5 passer rating and a 35.1 Total QBR.The Broncos were able to net a mid-round pick for Tebow."

But he doesn't compare it to the trade market that was available for a Tebow that was replaced by a Peyton Manning. :doh:

What a well thought out, excellent article.

I agree with him, if EJ fails his third chance then trade him (if Any value is left)

Not many NFL clubs would give a project with obvious shortcomings three chances.

Thanks for sharing OP.

Imo

The sell-because-player-X's-value-will-only-decrease is a fair arguement, but I'm not sure that it fits right now with EJ. The Bills need one QB who has a possibility of being a long term, quality starter. Right now I don't see a better option on the roster than EJ. If the FO brings in another QB who they think is a better option, then fine. Trade him at that point, but not before you secure such a player. Besides, how much less are they going to get for him if they wait and he fails? A late round pick instead of a mid round pick? Whoop. I'd happily chance that decrease in value against the possibility the light goes on for EJ - that is unless a better option comes along.

I agree with him, if EJ fails his third chance then trade him (if Any value is left)

Not many NFL clubs would give a project with obvious shortcomings three chances.

Thanks for sharing OP.

Imo

You're right. Most would just sign journeymen back-ups as starters. EJ has a very lucrative future in your eyes if that's the case.

Edited by The Wiz

I did you all a favor for those who won't read his stuff by telling you wrote it first :lol:

He compares it to the trade market that was available for Tebow.

"Statistically, the two quarterbacks were remarkably similar in their first two seasons. From 2010 to 2011, Tebow made 14 starts, posting an 8-6 record, a 73.2 passer rating and a 35.3 Total QBR. From 2013 to 2014, Manuel also made 14 starts, posting a 6-8 record, 78.5 passer rating and a 35.1 Total QBR.The Broncos were able to net a mid-round pick for Tebow."

Thanks Yolo... The author name kept me from the link and I agree with everybody else Rodak has to go. I bet he's a troll in the Shout Box!

Rodak is a Pats fans (google search). ESPN is about as stupid and insulting as it gets to assign a Pats fans to become the Bills beat reporter for their website.

Sooooo, the "SWEET" spot for the Buffalo Bills trading their former 1st round "project" QB pick EJ Manuel is this August, a hot second before the three year investment in him is going to either prove if they were right or wrong in picking him in the 1st round? And the Bills get to have former Patriot Matt Cassel start (who Rodak knows is about as dangerous as a wet noodle to his Pats) and the Bills would pick another "project" QB in the 2016 draft because they will be picking in the 20s and they can trade him away after two years of development when he's not Andrew Luck either?

Seriously, this guy is garbage. ESPN should be ashamed of themselves. I'm sure that given the Bills will have a much higher profile this year, this Pats fan isn't going to be the Bills beat reporter for much longer. The Bills aren't going to stand for this crap. They can just start giving exclusive interviews to the NFL network.

Edited by 1billsfan

For the difference in the value between a 4th round pick and a 7th? That's a franchise altering difference? The only real value to EJ is if he somehow grows into the position. You know, what talented, hard working, coachable human beings with the right attitude tend to do with experience.

...and to add... a OC and HC worth a ****!

The new ESPN web design is a failure and this is Rodak's pathetic attempt to generate click-throughs...

At least the new web design makes hit hard to find his crap!....and anything else :censored:

He actually plays devils' advocate and says the Bills shouldn't trade Manuel. Although he compares EJ's career thus far with Tebows, which doesn't make sense. Tebows career in the NFL had to do with his throwing mechanics, not his team record or stats. The are other player who went on to great careers tha thad similar stats their first 14 starts as Manuel. Should those QB's be compared to Tebow too?

This seems to be a slow season article. Nothing to report here, and i have to hand in a piece, so lets write about this.

Ok, I clicked it. All conjecture, referencing a handful of 1st Rd QB's whose team dealt them before their rookie contract was up -and the sliding scale of return for the longer the trade took to transpire.

Not his usual critical -yet witless bash job.

Ok, I clicked it. All conjecture, referencing a handful of 1st Rd QB's whose team dealt them before their rookie contract was up -and the sliding scale of return for the longer the trade took to transpire.

Not his usual critical -yet witless bash job.

He specifically referenced the Bronco Tim Tebow trade while not mentioning the fact that days before they traded Tebow they signed a 4 time NFL MVP QB who happened to have won a Superbowl and is considered one of the all time great QBs in NFL history.

“The Tebow trade would be the closest parallel to the Bills' potentially dealing Manuel this summer.”
If that is the closest parallel then I must have missed the Bills signing of Tom Brady. That article and the writer are a complete joke.

Thanks for sharing OP.

Imo

Im really starting not to like you........and I actually did at the beginning

Most of the people bitching about the article obviously (and many admittedly) didn't read it, most incorrectly assumed its point, and of those who did read it, most still didn't get it.

The only point of the Tebow comparison was to guage potential trade value.

He suggested August as the "sweet spot" for a trade because it would give the new staff time to first work with and evaluate him.

It's mid-April and there's not much of interest to discuss on the football front. Hate on Rodack all you want, but this article is hardly one worth bashing him over.