FA Brad Smith visiting Bills. Yes, that one.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if its the gameday slot filled by hogan? both special teamers, but maybe they like someone that can be a little diverse on offense for some of the scheme they are putting together?

that would leave our 6 wrs as Sammy, Percy, Woods, Smith, Goodwin and Easley?

If he was going to take Hogan's spot instead of Goodwin's I would probably be for it. Hogan is probably a better WR though and a lot more potential. I don't think Smith is going to get much better than he is, which isn't great. But I think he's a talented guy and a great locker room guy. We just have so many weapons I don't know where the need is.

what if its the gameday slot filled by hogan? both special teamers, but maybe they like someone that can be a little diverse on offense for some of the scheme they are putting together?

that would leave our 6 wrs as Sammy, Percy, Woods, Smith, Goodwin and Easley?

6 WRs: Sammy, Percy, Woods, Harvin, Goodwin and Easley (you missed Harvin). I wouldn't bump any of those guys for Smith, and I don't think we have the luxury of carrying 7 WRs.

I liked Smith getting first downs out of the wildcat; that really helped the team. BUT, he could not throw to save his life. I don't think he's viable or valuable enough to carry, even for veteran minimum.

I appreciate his versatility, but think we have better candidates at each of those positions.

If he was going to take Hogan's spot instead of Goodwin's I would probably be for it. Hogan is probably a better WR though and a lot more potential. I don't think Smith is going to get much better than he is, which isn't great. But I think he's a talented guy and a great locker room guy. We just have so many weapons I don't know where the need is.

Then give him a job as a locker room attendent. He's a crappy WR and Hogan is far more useful...mainly because he IS a WR.

6 WRs: Sammy, Percy, Woods, Harvin, Goodwin and Easley (you missed Harvin). I wouldn't bump any of those guys for Smith, and I don't think we have the luxury of carrying 7 WRs.

I liked Smith getting first downs out of the wildcat; that really helped the team. BUT, he could not throw to save his life. I don't think he's viable or valuable enough to carry, even for veteran minimum.

I appreciate his versatility, but think we have better candidates at each of those positions.

Agree with this. If there is any spot he could possibly take it would be Easley's, but Easley is younger, faster, and shown more grit as a gunner on ST. As for Wildcat, why? That fad has been over for a long time now. I would be pissed if they even signed him for a minimum try out contract. Complete waste.

Then give him a job as a locker room attendent. He's a crappy WR and Hogan is far more useful...mainly because he IS a WR.

im contorting a little here simply in an effort to see if this makes sense -- but if harvin goes down, a guy like smith might keep open some of those plays with the receiver motioning into the backfield, running with the ball etc... better than hogan. if we are relying heavily on some of that stuff, i could maybe see where hed be a better fit than hogan?

like i said, mostly trying to find an answer that makes sense beyond simply doing the guy a favor by bringing him in to get his name in the news.

Agree with this. If there is any spot he could possibly take it would be Easley's, but Easley is younger, faster, and shown more grit as a gunner on ST. As for Wildcat, why? That fad has been over for a long time now. I would be pissed if they even signed him for a minimum try out contract. Complete waste.

i dont think they gave easley 2.2m guaranteed without essentially guaranteeing a roster spot. hogan and goodwin are the bubble guys.

You do know that Harvin's first name is Percy, right? :)

Edited by Tommy

Watkins, Wood, Harvin, Goodwin, Easley, and Hogan are all on the roster. Goodwin seems to be the only one Smith could overtake. Watkins, Wood, and Harvin are the top 3, while Hogan is a solid backup slot. Easley is cog on the special teams unit. Goodwin on the other hand doesn't have a defined role or flashed enough ability so far. I wouldn't be opposed to a minimum contract in signing Smith. The team could use a vet pushing the other bubble WR's and his special teams worth allows him to craft out a role too.

I would assume it's just Rex doing a favor for an ex player that is a very great guy and Rex liked a lot so his name is seen around the league as getting a look, in hopes another team will give him a look. He doesn't really have a spot here at all, especially with Easley and Harvin.

This was my immediate thought.

Seem pretty stacked at ST's already. And i don't see where he fits as a WR. The big redzone threat?

im contorting a little here simply in an effort to see if this makes sense -- but if harvin goes down, a guy like smith might keep open some of those plays with the receiver motioning into the backfield, running with the ball etc... better than hogan. if we are relying heavily on some of that stuff, i could maybe see where hed be a better fit than hogan?

like i said, mostly trying to find an answer that makes sense beyond simply doing the guy a favor by bringing him in to get his name in the news.

i dont think they gave easley 2.2m guaranteed without essentially guaranteeing a roster spot. hogan and goodwin are the bubble guys.

You would have to be Yogi Kudoo climbing into a 3 foot square lucite box---and still it would not be enough contortion! Smith was never that guy--certainly not in Buffalo

ALL this guy ever excelled at in the NFl, for about a year, was as a return guy. He was a horrible passer and was never a WR.

You would have to be Yogi Kudoo climbing into a 3 foot square lucite box---and still it would not be enough contortion! Smith was never that guy--certainly not in Buffalo

ALL this guy ever excelled at in the NFl, for about a year, was as a return guy. He was a horrible passer and was never a WR.

Maybe, but Robert Durst, I mean Chip Kelly, the offensive genius kept him on his team the first two years in the league.