FA Brad Smith visiting Bills. Yes, that one.

If he was going to take Hogan's spot instead of Goodwin's I would probably be for it. Hogan is probably a better WR though and a lot more potential. I don't think Smith is going to get much better than he is, which isn't great. But I think he's a talented guy and a great locker room guy. We just have so many weapons I don't know where the need is.

if I remember correctly Brad Smith and his wife were pretty involved with recruiting mario to buffalo... Wonder if they still talk

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but Robert Durst, I mean Chip Kelly, the offensive genius kept him on his team the first two years in the league.

Almost 2 years. Kelly saw Smith on the field for a total of 4 plays last season. He probably didn't know he was on the roster--that he was the locker room attendent collecting towels from the huddle.

Sweet. Then, I guess I am wondering why we need thigpen, Easley, and brad smith?

other than what another poster mentioned - he would replace core ST Larry Dean who signed with TB - I have no idea. Guess he could return kicks in a pinch. Edited by YoloinOhio

Sweet. Then, I guess I am wondering why we need thigpen, Easley, and brad smith?

We wouldn't but with nearly 100 guys fighting for 46 jerseys week 1..... It's not crazy to have skill sets duplicated in April to find out who's best for September.

Maybe he is going to replace Easley who is basically only a ST Gunner and nothing else

2.2million reasons eaglets not getting cut Edited by NoSaint

Only one of the best gunners in the league.

You'd think the way Bills fans lionize gunners they'd be more appreciative.

Maybe he is going to replace Easley who is basically only a ST Gunner and nothing else

So we'd rather have a kickoff return man and nothing else (in an era were most kickoffs are touchbacks) than a gunner and nothing else a backup WR? Not me.

You'd think the way Bills fans lionize gunners they'd be more appreciative.

So we'd rather have a kickoff return man and nothing else (in an era were most kickoffs are touchbacks) than a gunner and nothing else a backup WR? Not me.

I'm not advocating here but for sake of accuracy

Is there any indication that Easley is a better offensive player?

Also with 86 tackles I'm guessing he's more than just a kick returner on special teams

Also with 86 tackles I'm guessing he's more than just a kick returner on special teams

Neither Smith nor Easley is a WR in this league.

No, but Smith has never done anything as a WR so there's no reason to consider him an upgrade. As for coverage teams, 60 of Smith's 86 tackles occurred during his Jets years so not much production since. Covering kicks is a young man's occupation -- Easley is 4 years younger and has 35 tackles in his 26 games over the past two years and is recognized as an outstanding special teams player.