FA Brad Smith visiting Bills. Yes, that one.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everything he is doing is trying to mimic that team. great defense and run game, below avg QB, ground and pound. Brad Smith would be icing on the cake. don't forget, we have Tony Sparano Jr as one of the assistants so wildcat is a definite possibility :lol:

you know it!!

Wow... I shouldn't even respond to this but I need to. He is building a team the only way you can when you don't have a QB. Understand? Probably not... Don't act like he is purposely making sure his QB is below average. Edited by Beef Jerky

Yes, where else can you get a guy who averaged 3 touches a game for only $4MM/year.

Most times he touched the ball, the ball ended up crossing the first down marker. He was reliable, durable and willing to play wherever they needed him. He checked his ego at the door. Not easy to find today.

Wow... I shouldn't even respond to this but I need to. He is building a team the only way you can when you don't have a QB. Understand? Probably not... Don't act like he is purposely making sure his QB is below average.

:cry:

@mikerodak: Current Bills QB coach David Lee, in his previous stint with the Bills in 2012, had Smith spend that offseason in QB meetings.

that was a real issue with the plan. turning brad smith into a qb, that primarily played special teams and occasionally WR wasnt very well thought out.

solid ST player with universal skills at WR wildcat QB and short yardage .. Vet minimum if anything.

Not sure why anyone would be against it just because he was here before. If Roman is interested then bring him in

He's a good special teams player that can play at WR and QB in an emergency. Not sure I get all the hate.

I think people are remembering when we actually needed him to play because we were a bad team with no weapons. They don't realize that he wouldn't see the field with the players we have now. Special teams, veteran backup WR, backup kick returner. He's worth the league min why not

I think people are remembering when we actually needed him to play because we were a bad team with no weapons. They don't realize that he wouldn't see the field with the players we have now. Special teams, veteran backup WR, backup kick returner. He's worth the league min why not

I was always a Brad Smith fan but if if he going to be that guy, and takes a roster spot away from a guy who could be a real weapon, and also serves as a backup KR like Goodwin, I say no way.

I was always a Brad Smith fan but if if he going to be that guy, and takes a roster spot away from a guy who could be a real weapon, and also serves as a backup KR like Goodwin, I say no way.

we also have Thigpen. I Thought he looked pretty good. I don't hate Brad Smith but just don't really get it either.

He's a good special teams player that can play at WR and QB in an emergency. Not sure I get all the hate.

I don't hate him, but I certainly never understood all the love. He was a good kick returner on the Jets because they a) had a good kick return unit and b) he played there before the rules changed to ensure most kicks went very deep or out of the end zone. On the Bills he was fine but nothing special.

Other than kick returns, he's never been more than a very minor role player on offense at any time in his career. Somehow I think people never understood that. For that production, the contract the Bills gave him was absurd.

what if its the gameday slot filled by hogan? both special teamers, but maybe they like someone that can be a little diverse on offense for some of the scheme they are putting together?

that would leave our 6 wrs as Sammy, Percy, Woods, Smith, Goodwin and Easley?