FA SS Dawan Landry visiting Bills

Wouldn't be surprised to hear both Landry and Spikes sign by Friday. From sources deep within.

Agreed although I see us waiting until after May 12th for any players that would count against our draft compensatory picks. Right now we are netting a pick. Spikes would count against us - not sure about Landry

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spikes wants more then that money.

Has Spikes had any interest from anybody, other than the Bills?

EDIT: Never mind...I just saw where the Vikings have expressed interest, but he wants more money than they are willing to pay him.

Edited by Buftex

Spikes wants more then that money.

Has Spikes had any interest from anybody, other than the Bills?

EDIT: Never mind...I just saw where the Vikings have expressed interest, but he wants more money than they are willing to pay him.

But the Money is a close second.... ;)

Edited by ricojes

I'm a little surprised that people aren't more interested. I know PFF isn't everything and their grading needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but he was there 9th ranked safety last year. He fills the gap left by Seacry as a primarily hard hitting box safety. It seems like the only concern is his age. While we shouldn't just throw money at him, by now he should be a bargain.

Agreed although I see us waiting until after May 12th for any players that would count against our draft compensatory picks. Right now we are netting a pick. Spikes would count against us - not sure about Landry

Spikes is our own guy. the only counts against us is by signing him he can't sign elsewhere and be a loss

This is the main reason Id be on board with this signing over, say, Spikes. Need lots of safeties.

totally hear you and agree with need a strong secondary but with our front 4 being who they are and what we have in the division we need just one good MLB to play 15 snaps a game. Crucial critical snaps. To stop Brady you need to have the ability to keep the middle ground and pound game off his options. To succeed next year in the NFCE with good runners we need a MLB who can bring it. We need Spikes. Sacrifice 1 yr money for 3 years of contract.HHe's young. Worth it.

Not sure I want any Jets retreads on the Bills, of course, we already have almost a full coaching staff of Jets retreads. Says me, that is enough. Jim Leonard is still around too....nothing over the vet min says me..... (We should feel good about Jets retreads? In marketing, they call that rebranding: SOS in a new box)

Not sure I want any Jets retreads on the Bills, of course, we already have almost a full coaching staff of Jets retreads. Says me, that is enough. Jim Leonard is still around too....nothing over the vet min says me..... (We should feel good about Jets retreads? In marketing, they call that rebranding: SOS in a new box)

What about Ravens retreads since that is really what this Landry is?

leonard retired. Though Pettine is trying to coax him out of it for another season with the Browns.

Maybe a Jet retread would be a good thing if the jet retread was successful in the defense Rex will be running here?

I'm a little surprised that people aren't more interested. I know PFF isn't everything and their grading needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but he was there 9th ranked safety last year. He fills the gap left by Seacry as a primarily hard hitting box safety. It seems like the only concern is his age. While we shouldn't just throw money at him, by now he should be a bargain.

@ChrisTrapasso: For the @PFF enthusiasts: In 2014 with Jets, Dawan Landry had a +10.9 overall grade (+5.2 coverage, +4.2 run-stopping). Turns 33 in December

Also... He had to make up for the crap corners they had out there

Edited by YoloinOhio

Defense could use some depth. I would be happy if the team could sign both Spikes and Landry with the remaining 4+ million in cap space. Having a vet option at SS and a physical force at MLB would round out the D nicely. The the team can use the draft to build up the offense.

I'd welcome him in a heartbeat as he'll come in for around $1.5m-$2m and give us the 9th ranked SS in all of the NFL last year who knows how Rex likes to run a defense. At the very least he can be a mentor to Duke Williams but think he could even start for this team. Remember when we had Pettine around we had Jim Leonhard helping out and think Landry is a better player than Leonhard was.

Edited by The Jokeman

totally hear you and agree with need a strong secondary but with our front 4 being who they are and what we have in the division we need just one good MLB to play 15 snaps a game. Crucial critical snaps. To stop Brady you need to have the ability to keep the middle ground and pound game off his options. To succeed next year in the NFCE with good runners we need a MLB who can bring it. We need Spikes. Sacrifice 1 yr money for 3 years of contract.HHe's young. Worth it.

I dont disagree, and certainly would love to have Spikes back. But I also know how biased towards LBs you are. And how wrong you and I both were about Bryan Scott. Hahaha, good times. :beer: :beer:

i want to sign spikes too but we don't know what his asking price is and we know the a Bills are being firm on their offer. We also know they would like him back though, per Whaley. If Spikes won't come down on $ the Bills may wait to see if they get a ILB with a 2nd or 3rd rd pick that they think is capable of filling that role. If not, they go back to Spikes if he's still there. If he isn't, they pick up a run stuffer down the line as guys get cut. Edited by YoloinOhio