FA SS Dawan Landry visiting Bills

@ChrisTrapasso: For the @PFF enthusiasts: In 2014 with Jets, Dawan Landry had a +10.9 overall grade (+5.2 coverage, +4.2 run-stopping). Turns 33 in December

Also... He had to make up for the crap corners they had out there

This makes me even more mystified. Yes, age is a factor, and PFF isn't everything, but you'd think that we were signing a rookie UDFA scrub instead of a solid veteran.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be surprised to hear both Landry and Spikes sign by Friday. From sources deep within.

This would be a nice cherry on top of this Sundae of a free agency period....draft a really good OT at 50 (whomever falls of Fisher, Humphries, Peat, Clemmings, Flowers) -- kick Cordy inside to G--and lets kick this baby off...

Maybe I'm sleeping on this guy. I only watched the Jets against the Bills and I'm not excited about a guy who got light up by Orton.

Why isn't he getting more interest?

Possibly the fact that he's 32, going to be 33 by the end of the season, only about a month younger than Jim Leonard. It doesn't bode well for a few years down the road, but he's posted back to back 100 tackle seasons. He's a hard hitting box safety. At worse, he could probably be a tweener in nickel sets to run the Heavy Nickel.

Possibly the fact that he's 32, going to be 33 by the end of the season, only about a month younger than Jim Leonard. It doesn't bode well for a few years down the road, but he's posted back to back 100 tackle seasons. He's a hard hitting box safety. At worse, he could probably be a tweener in nickel sets to run the Heavy Nickel.

Thanks

Gotcha. I just realized that too.

I didn't even know they were brothers

Wouldn't be surprised to hear both Landry and Spikes sign by Friday. From sources deep within.

If i don't have to change my profile pic they can keep Landry

It's the Madden mentality.

If the Bills move Glenn, he will raise hell. I promise you.

Maybe because he played it in college and the bills (fans) feel that the likelihood of drafting a starting left tackle is easier than drafting a guard. Im neither for or against the move but that is a plausible rationale. We had a terrible line last year... production wise. Hell I'm not even opposed to seeing if Cam Irvin from Florida state or someone like that will drop and come aboard and move Wood to guard. I dont see it as an indictment on any one guy. But instead Trying to shuffle the deck to get optimal results

Better Dewan than LeRon.

As much as I would rather have Spikes too, I trust in Whaley to find LB depth in the draft (especially after pulling Alonso and Brown out of the 2nd and 3rd rounds). Based on recent experience, it would seem it's easier for LBs to make a quick transition to the NFL than it is for DBs.

LeRon should just go become the pro bodybuilder he wants to be

Maybe because he played it in college and the bills (fans) feel that the likelihood of drafting a starting left tackle is easier than drafting a guard. Im neither for or against the move but that is a plausible rationale. We had a terrible line last year... production wise. Hell I'm not even opposed to seeing if Cam Irvin from Florida state or someone like that will drop and come aboard and move Wood to guard. I dont see it as an indictment on any one guy. But instead Trying to shuffle the deck to get optimal results

Glenn was a very good LT BM (Before Marrone). It is much easier to find a G than a LT.

leonard retired. Though Pettine is trying to coax him out of it for another season with the Browns.

Maybe a Jet retread would be a good thing if the jet retread was successful in the defense Rex will be running here?

@ChrisTrapasso: For the @PFF enthusiasts: In 2014 with Jets, Dawan Landry had a +10.9 overall grade (+5.2 coverage, +4.2 run-stopping). Turns 33 in December

Just out of curiosity, what did PFF have as a grade on Searcy last year?

successful vet player with a ton of experience in the system we will run at a position that isnt solidified? wont complain. worst case, he hits the wall - but odds are we arent talking a large deal in length or guarantees.

For the love of god......why do people keep wanting to move Cordy Glenn

I misstated on this..guess I could have stated it better this way...none of the 2nd round guards in the draft excite me...I would rather draft a good T who has played some G and projects to either G or T in the pros rather than draft one of the G's. Flowers and Fisher seem to fit this best.

However if it came to it and Humphries or Peat were still on the board at 50 with Tomlinson, Jackson, Cann, etc...I would go for Humphries or Peat and then let the competition begin...Humphries and Peat seem to be pure T's