FA SS Dawan Landry visiting Bills

I misstated on this..guess I could have stated it better this way...none of the 2nd round guards in the draft excite me...I would rather draft a good T who has played some G and projects to either G or T in the pros rather than draft one of the G's. Flowers and Fisher seem to fit this best.

However if it came to it and Humphries or Peat were still on the board at 50 with Tomlinson, Jackson, Cann, etc...I would go for Humphries or Peat and then let the competition begin...Humphries and Peat seem to be pure T's

Actually.....OG is pretty strong in this draft.

I also would like to have Fisher though......because he can play both OG and OT

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually.....OG is pretty strong in this draft.

I also would like to have Fisher though......because he can play both OG and OT

I have watched most of them during the season -- what concerns me is Cann, Tomlinson and Jackson seem to be wait and catch pass protectors instead of "punch first ask questions later" aggressors--tackles are usually more aggressive in pass protection -- and I can see some of the better DT the Bills face just plowing over the better G's in pass situations......

Maybe because he played it in college and the bills (fans) feel that the likelihood of drafting a starting left tackle is easier than drafting a guard.

You think its easier to draft a starting LT than a G ?????

I have to seriously doubt the Bills feel that way

I misstated on this..guess I could have stated it better this way...none of the 2nd round guards in the draft excite me...I would rather draft a good T who has played some G and projects to either G or T in the pros rather than draft one of the G's. Flowers and Fisher seem to fit this best.

However if it came to it and Humphries or Peat were still on the board at 50 with Tomlinson, Jackson, Cann, etc...I would go for Humphries or Peat and then let the competition begin...Humphries and Peat seem to be pure T's

There are some really good guards in this draft But the Bills do prefer multi faceted OL players that can play T or G

I have watched most of them during the season -- what concerns me is Cann, Tomlinson and Jackson seem to be wait and catch pass protectors instead of "punch first ask questions later" aggressors--tackles are usually more aggressive in pass protection -- and I can see some of the better DT the Bills face just plowing over the better G's in pass situations......

Feast your eyes on Jarvis Harrison...has played both guard and tackle. Probably a 3rd round guy.

Feast your eyes on Jarvis Harrison...has played both guard and tackle. Probably a 3rd round guy.

He is an awesome talent -- who has a potentially caustic attitude -- latest is he showed up late for A&M's pro day...I would take him in the 6th or 7th and let him be Incognitoed...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476707/article/no-johnny-but-still-plenty-of-intrigue-at-texas-ams-pro-day

I've been wanting to add Landry since the start of FA. We have some young safeties like Duke and Rambo who've shown flashes, but it would be nice to add a vet who knows Rex's defense on the back end. Landry, Spikes and maybe an edge rushing project in round 3 or 5 and this defense is set personnel wise.

A lot of these guards did fairly well at the Senior Bowl. And the technique that you are describing is coached.

A lot of these guards did fairly well at the Senior Bowl. And the technique that you are describing is coached.

Would rather already have it in muscle memory--its an attitude. The Senior Bowl isn't Suh. Not just pushing back just to be an a'hole my friend -- just have not been as impressed with the available G's as the pundits...

I love Cordy as a T -- which is the original thing you called me on -- you were right. But if the Bills draft a pure T and Henderson and say Humphries are better in Kromer and Roman's mind -- what do you to with Cordy?--he is definitely one of the best 5...

I'll leave it at that...

He is an awesome talent -- who has a potentially caustic attitude -- latest is he showed up late for A&M's pro day...I would take him in the 6th or 7th and let him be Incognitoed...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476707/article/no-johnny-but-still-plenty-of-intrigue-at-texas-ams-pro-day

I think he's going to go in the 3rd or 4th based on potential alone. He doesn't have the off-the-field concerns of a guy like Henderson, but he does have the upside.

He also strikes me as the kind of guy that would benefit from being coached by Rex--he seems to really get the most out of his players, particularly lineman with the "lazy" stigma like Willie Colon.

Would rather already have it in muscle memory--its an attitude. The Senior Bowl isn't Suh. Not just pushing back just to be an a'hole my friend -- just have not been as impressed with the available G's as the pundits...

I love Cordy as a T -- which is the original thing you called me on -- you were right. But if the Bills draft a pure T and Henderson and say Humphries are better in Kromer and Roman's mind -- what do you to with Cordy?--he is definitely one of the best 5...

I'll leave it at that...

Your just expressing opinion hey its cool everyone has got one.

I think there are some really good OL options in this draft. When you further compound it with

The only upgrade has been Richie I.

Chris Williams has back issues......frankly back issues on NFL big men scare the crap out of me

Urbik is average

The others inside are unknown

We HAVE to upgrade through the draft

Pettite uses Jim Leohard a lot because he knew the system so well Landry can fill the same function .

In the book Collison Low Crossers which is basically about Rex & Pettine, guys like Leonhard are their flag-bearers. They make a lot of mention in the book how when Leonhard went down, the following game the D gave up 40+ points; that happened in back-to-back years.

Funny, I could have sworn this was a thread about Landry. Look, I can get how any discussion about a QB works back to EJ, but I have no idea how a safety relates to our O-line.

But yeah, Landry seems like a better Leonard.

It is a thread about Landry. Believe it or not, it's okay if offshoot discussions occur within it.

Funny, I could have sworn this was a thread about Landry. Look, I can get how any discussion about a QB works back to EJ, but I have no idea how a safety relates to our O-line.

But yeah, Landry seems like a better Leonard.

weird how with limited resources that a discussion about how to use those resources comes full circle to discussion of maximizing those resources across a 53 man roster.

Glenn was a very good LT BM (Before Marrone). It is much easier to find a G than a LT.

Conventionally possibly. But why is it impossible that they think there is a better LT out there than Glenn? Would you take Glenn over Joe thomas per se? I dont endorse or criticize either stance. I just dont understand why that thought is so world crumbling. Why is it a you dont know football because you want to move Glenn to LG type conversation. Or thats the feel im getting from some people

You think its easier to draft a starting LT than a G ?????

I have to seriously doubt the Bills feel that way

There are some really good guards in this draft But the Bills do prefer multi faceted OL players that can play T or G

I definitely dont have a stance either way. I hate draft and play o line philosophy anyway. I was just playing devils advocate. As i tried to express in my post

Edited by Agent 91

It is a thread about Landry. Believe it or not, it's okay if offshoot discussions occur within it.

weird how with limited resources that a discussion about how to use those resources comes full circle to discussion of maximizing those resources across a 53 man roster.

Yeesh, uncle, uncle.