EJ Manuel throwing Bullets

HOUSE

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaah, well there's the rub. Name one guy who got better on offense under Doug Marrone. Sometimes excuses are valid. Marrone was telling a QB who thinks too much and strives to be perfect, to not turn the ball over ever and to never force the issue. That's a failure game plan for developing a franchise NFL QB.

It would be once if the haters would actually have the patience to wait see what EJ does under Rex and Roman before quitting on him. These are professional coaches with a track record of success. Marrone was a dunce.

It's so convenient that you seem to know exactly what Marrone told EJ. I'm sure he told EJ to not force the issue just like most if not all coaches would tell a young and developing QB. It's amazing how that becomes a criticism on Marrone. We have a QB with questionable downfield accuracy and a coach telling him not to try and force things downfield and that's just bad coaching? Now, I'm sure Marrone probably told EJ to not take chances running and to just get down or out of bounds to avoid taking a hit. That much I'll buy. The other stuff is just hyperbole from you that you're throwing around like some proven fact simply because it fits with your agenda.

Would these professional coaches be dunces if they couldn't get the most out of EJ either? A player's development doesn't just fall on the shoulders of the coaching staff. Sometimes, players just aren't good enough and don't get it.

I also love how the "haters" don't have patience. There's a difference between not having the patience to watch him develop and not having the faith to believe he will actually develop into what we want. The "homers" like to confuse that point and pretend to be better fans simply because they are willing to put up with the smell of garbage longer than others. Kudos to you.

Edited by Bangarang

I keep hoping that EJ has the "Nigel Bradham Syndrome".

All last off season, the biggest "hole" the bills had was considered to be at linebacker. We brought in Brandon Spikes and Keith Rivers, drafted Preston Brown and Randall Johnson and then Kiko got hurt. In all the discussion about linebacker, Bradham was an afterthought, and was considered no more than weak depth.

Bradham kicked it around and now his a solid starter. Let's hope the same for EJ.

1.) Those aren't bullets. Wabbling late throws at best.

2.) The down and In where Hogan lines up on the left is late and behind him. Hogan can't catch it in stride.

If that is how EJ throws against air all this hope of development is going to be shattered when there are players in front of him.

As soon as Hogan makes the break and turns his head the Ball should be on his hands in stride.

If you can't do it in practice against air, how are you supposed to throw it on time against opponents.

That tape should be hid not put on Instagram.

Edited by newcombo

2.) The down and In where Hogan lines up on the left is late and behind him. Hogan can't catch it in stride.

If that is how EJ throws against air all this hope of development is going to be shattered when there are players in front of him.

As soon as Hogan makes the break and turns his head the Ball should be on his hands in stride.

If you can't do it in practice against air, how are you supposed to throw it on time against opponents.

LOL........ :w00t:

I knew this would happen.... :doh:

Edited by HOUSE

It's so convenient that you seem to know exactly what Marrone told EJ. I'm sure he told EJ to not force the issue just like most if not all coaches would tell a young and developing QB. It's amazing how that becomes a criticism on Marrone. We have a QB with questionable downfield accuracy and a coach telling him not to try and force things downfield and that's just bad coaching? Now, I'm sure Marrone probably told EJ to not take chances running and to just get down or out of bounds to avoid taking a hit. That much I'll buy. The other stuff is just hyperbole from you that you're throwing around like some proven fact simply because it fits with your agenda.

Would these professional coaches be dunces if they couldn't get the most out of EJ either? A player's development doesn't just fall on the shoulders of the coaching staff. Sometimes, players just aren't good enough and don't get it.

I also love how the "haters" don't have patience. There's a difference between not having the patience to watch him develop and not having the faith to believe he will actually develop into what we want. The "homers" like to confuse that point and pretend to be better fans simply because they are willing to put up with the smell of garbage longer than others. Kudos to you.

It's on video dude. Straight from Nate Hackett's mouth. I'll let you find it though, I'm done searching for it and posting it here time and time again to prove the haters don't know what they're talking about in regards to what they were telling EJ to do and not do.

It's on video dude. Straight from Nate Hackett's mouth. I'll let you find it though, I'm done searching for it and posting it here time and time again to prove the haters don't know what they're talking about in regards to what they were telling EJ to do and not do.

HATERS ??? :cry:

Still focusing on his first read, I see...

He should have run down the practice field and made the tackle too :thumbsup:

. Not too helpful

Damn straight.

He should be sitting in front of a computer watching film. No need to keep the arm in shape or work on timing, footwork, ball rotation, muscle memory. Playing QB is 100% mental....

Hogan, Woods. Freddy bounced back from a weak 2012 campaign in 2013. Boobie Dixon had a career year.

There's also not one shred of proof that Marrone did any of that stuff. It's pure conjecture passed down the ages.

Woods was not appreciably better than the year before and Freddy definitely wasn't better. Don't confuse opportunity to play (Hogan) or to play more (Dixon) with improvement. Every single offensive lineman (Marrone's "strength" and where he put all his time) regressed (veterans) or failed to develop (rookies).

on the in yes and it was...but not on the out and it wasn't they are both thrown on time- coachey might want to research a little more

Even so, how does a coach telling a young QB with questionable accuracy to not force the issue and avoid turning the ball over become a failure game plan for developing a franchise QB?

But sure, let's just pretend like everyone that doesn't think this kid is going to live up to the hype is just a hater. Should I start lumping you into the EJ homer crowd who's desperation to see this kid succeed clouds your judgement?

Edited by Bangarang

What I'm saying is you can overthink. The game is too fast to stop and think before you throw.

Exactly.

Aaaaah, well there's the rub. Name one guy who got better on offense under Doug Marrone. Sometimes excuses are valid. Marrone was telling a QB who thinks too much and strives to be perfect, to not turn the ball over ever and to never force the issue. That's a failure game plan for developing a franchise NFL QB.

It would be once if the haters would actually have the patience to wait see what EJ does under Rex and Roman before quitting on him. These are professional coaches with a track record of success. Marrone was a dunce.

Remember the HC who had Bledsoe think about a 4 second clock in his head? Drew had to get his balls off before the 4 second timer. It worked wonders for the statue... NOT!

HATERS ??? :cry:

He should have run down the practice field and made the tackle too :thumbsup:

Absolutely! It's Him against the World, baby. Him against the World!

He could win the SuperBowl and some butt munches here would be complaining that he only threw two TDs in the game.

Damn straight.

He should be sitting in front of a computer watching film. No need to keep the arm in shape or work on timing, footwork, ball rotation, muscle memory. Playing QB is 100% mental....

Then Stephen Hawking is our guy! Hey Doug, I've heard of him. Sign him up!

I don't agree with this at all. I do not believe that EJ will be a franchise QB like most in here. With that being said there is nothing that would make me happier than to be proven wrong by him. The reason people are "anti-EJ" isn't because of him. He is as likable a guy as the Bills could have possibly added. Everyone just wants the Bills to win and I don't think that anyone cares who is under center when it happens.

I don't include you in the haters group. You're a doubter - and that's fair, we should all be skeptical. But you have to have seen some of the vitriol targeted at him since the day he was drafted.

Even so, how does a coach telling a young QB with questionable accuracy to not force the issue and avoid turning the ball over become a failure game plan for developing a franchise QB?

But sure, let's just pretend like everyone that doesn't think this kid is going to live up to the hype is just a hater. Should I start lumping you into the EJ homer crowd who's desperation to see this kid succeed clouds your judgement?

It's not as though it was EJ's rookie year, either. I can understand the argument that playing conservative, and trying to avoid turnovers might have been detrimental if it was in his rookie season. But in your second season, you should be able to avoid turnovers without "playing scared."

I don't agree with this at all. I do not believe that EJ will be a franchise QB like most in here. With that being said there is nothing that would make me happier than to be proven wrong by him. The reason people are "anti-EJ" isn't because of him. He is as likable a guy as the Bills could have possibly added. Everyone just wants the Bills to win and I don't think that anyone cares who is under center when it happens.

I agree with you Kirby. I would love to be wrong and have EJ turn into even a good starter this year, but I get the sense that there is a fairly good chance he may not even be on our roster come training camp.

If we draft Grayson/Petty/Hundley, I could see us letting them develop under Cassell and Taylor. we could very well trade or cut EJ if Whaley/Roman/Ryan feel Taylor could be back up. would be very difficult to develop EJ and a rookie QB effectively.

This is the EJ that I want to see.

ej2.gif

Me too, but that was a very good throw in a very good play call with a good situation it presented a very decent open target. he shouldn't miss that one...his first read was there and he delivered..that's not his weakness normally.

I agree with you Kirby. I would love to be wrong and have EJ turn into even a good starter this year, but I get the sense that there is a fairly good chance he may not even be on our roster come training camp.

If we draft Grayson/Petty/Hundley, I could see us letting them develop under Cassell and Taylor. we could very well trade or cut EJ if Whaley/Roman/Ryan feel Taylor could be back up. would be very difficult to develop EJ and a rookie QB effectively.

Me too, but that was a very good throw in a very good play call with a good situation it presented a very decent open target. he shouldn't miss that one...his first read was there and he delivered..that's not his weakness normally.

CUT EJ ??? :cry:

Edited by HOUSE

This EJ bashing is ridiculous. Isn't the point that he is working on his game in March trying to get better before even voluntary workouts start? And I think it is great that Hogan makes the effort to work on his own game. I am sure these aren't the only routes they ran. That would be a short workout.

All the haters are going to hate on all QBs we have until we find one because the odds are in their favor of being right since it is so hard to find one. And the ones they like are the unproven ones - the classic saying that the most popular player when a team struggles is the backup qb - that is until they see what they got.

Personally, I don't care who wins the starting qb job as long as we win. Go Bills!!

Can we please drop all ej talk. He's awful and will never start in this league not sure why everyone is so hung up on him. Is it because we used a first to get him?

Great first post. Your insights will add a lot to the Wall...

CUT EJ ??? :cry:

Could definitely happen if no one trades for him. To paraphrase Whaley:

1. We will let no stone unturned in our search for a franchise QB.

2. We would take a QB in this draft if we felt...

3. The gap between the top two QB's and the next one is not as large as some think. (That one was a bit of an attention grabber to me, although I did not actually hear the audio. Anybody hear it?).

4. The draft class will have a tough time finding a starting spot.

5. To the question last off season, how many games will it take to determine if you have a franchise quarterback or not Whaley says "16 games".

Does Whaley seem like the type of guy that's afraid to make a bold move and move on from a QB if he has another one to develop that he feels more strongly about this? Not at all to me.not saying it will happen just saying I won't be surprised.

Can we please drop all ej talk. He's awful and will never start in this league not sure why everyone is so hung up on him. Is it because we used a first to get him?

what or who would you like to talk about? Off the top of my head we have threads about

FJ

Woods

Spikes

McCoy

Meh

Hughes

Kelly

Kouandjio

Tuel

That other QB

That new TE

Whaley

Rex

Terry Pegs

Kim Pegs

Roman

McKelvin

I pray every night that Greg Roman can work his magic with EJ, like he did with Alex Smith...nothing would make this year better, than EJ being the QB who is winning the games.

However, I think the better bet is that we finally find out that what we have will not cut it, and next year they do everything within their power to move up for the best QB available.

Whether it be Connor Cook, Christian Hackenburg, Cardale Jones...whomever it is, I'm not sure, I just hope the Bills do everything they must do to get him.

(I want him to succeed, I'm just not sure he has what it takes to be a legitimate NFL starting QB who wins football games with his arm...which he WILL need to do, eventually, for a championship.)

Its never been that he hasn't had a strong arm its his accuracy & plus at 10 - yards he better be able to hit his target !! If he can't hit them from there he better quit !!

Lets see him unleash a couple of 50 yarders on the money over the shoulder then i might be convinced !!

Go Bills

Do yourself a favor: go compare EJ's "awful" rookie numbers to Andrew Luck's...

There's nothing about EJ that's awful. He has been good at times, poor at times, and generally inconsistent. Any statement beyond that is hyperbole at best; blatant foolishness at worst IMO

You will never become a franchise QB if you don’t force the ball and challenge the defense. It is simply something that could never happen. You can’t name me one franchise QB that doesn’t take chances. An NFL defense’s best friend is an opposing HC/OC who tells his starting QB not to take chances.

If I was the owner and I saw the Hackett interview, I’d have called Marrone in, asked him if that was the plan and if he said yes then I’d have fired him on the spot. Go and research Phil Simms talking about what Parcells would tell him in practice and on game days very early in his career. It was the total opposite of what Doug Marrone was teaching Manuel. Rex Ryan will let Manuel take chances downfield because that's what he did with Sanchez and Smith.
I don't care if someone thinks he isn't going to be the answer. I just have a problem with people who don't give him any shot at all given that he was a project coming out and he was coached by such an amateur. The QB position takes a lot of time to master. Just look at former 1st rd pick Jerry Hughes, it took him a few years just to become a great LB. He was once so bad that a team traded him for Kelvin Sheppard. That's at LB, not QB.
Edited by 1billsfan

Do yourself a favor: go compare EJ's "awful" rookie numbers to Andrew Luck's...

There's nothing about EJ that's awful. He has been good at times, poor at times, and generally inconsistent. Any statement beyond that is hyperbole at best; blatant foolishness at worst IMO

Want to know the name of a former NFL QB who had the same amount of TDs (19) and Win/Loss record (6-8) as EJ Manuel after first 14 starts?…Joe Montana
How funny is that stat considering all of the hyperbole regarding how horrible EJ is.

Want to know the name of a former NFL QB who had the same amount of TDs (19) and Win/Loss record (6-8) as EJ Manuel after first 14 starts?…Joe Montana
How funny is that stat considering all of the hyperbole regarding how horrible EJ is.

How many times did Joe's receivers mutiny on him?

This tells me he is going to the pro bowl this year. For certain

The shame of it is he wont play due to the SB being after the PB

what or who would you like to talk about? Off the top of my head we have threads about

FJ

Woods

Spikes

McCoy

Meh

Hughes

Kelly

Kouandjio

Tuel

That other QB

That new TE

Whaley

Rex

Terry Pegs

Kim Pegs

Roman

McKelvin

Who is Meh?

Edited by fansince88

How many times did Joe's receivers mutiny on him?

If EJ is winning games as the starting QB, Rex Ryan will tell them to either shut up or leave. If he isn't then he won't be starting anymore.

Edited by 1billsfan

Hogan, Woods. Freddy bounced back from a weak 2012 campaign in 2013. Boobie Dixon had a career year.

There's also not one shred of proof that Marrone did any of that stuff. It's pure conjecture passed down the ages.

Woods has been in the league two years both under Marrone, his yards per game went from 41.9 in 2013 and 43.7 in 2014, that's a pretty slim margin. He missed 2 games in 2013. His yards per catch went down from 14.7 to 10.8, though he did have two more TDs. Fred was hurt in 2012 and only played 10 games, and had half the carries than 2013. I would hope he would be better just based on getting 6 more games and twice the carries. Hogan could have been a natural progression.

I think the answer was "less than once."

Thanks for letting me know that EJ Manuel is not the accurate passer that Joe Montana was. Feel better now?

Like Marrone, maybe you care more about the WRs feelings than you do about developing your young QB. If Marrone was a real head coach worth anything he'd have told them not to worry about the QB and to do their job. Marrone is a man who cared more about what people were saying about him than in doing his actual job. The WRs clearly saw that he was weak and they pounced on it. Rex won't be played like that. He'd literally laugh at them and tell them to grow a sack and catch the ball.

can we gag this fool