EJ Manuel throwing Bullets

HOUSE

You must have me confused with another member. I said "expect" EJ to be cut along with an "in my opinion". Go back and comprehend get a grasp on the situation before responding.

Thanks gun.

Imo

whats funny is there are many who criticize those who criticized your EJ will be cut post that are taking that as a prediction as well and with as much credence as your Rex Will be hired in 24 hours prediction.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred was hurt and only played 10 games in 2012, he played 4 more games in 2014. You can't discard him being injured in 2012 then use it for an excuse in 2014 especially seeing he played four more games in 2014 than 2012. Using 1.8 yards a game increase, as an improvement is weak.

That darn Marrone, Woods didn't double his TD totals!

EJ is working out when he should be working out. That's about all there is to this video. Doesn't mean he will improve or regress the season.

Does every thread about him really need to turn into 20 pages of the same argument?

Once TC starts, or should I say ends, the real bullets will be flying when all the "EJ is the starter!" or "EJ isn't the starter!" threads show up.

That darn Marrone, Woods didn't double his TD totals!

Sometimes even bad coaching can't counteract the natural improvements that some players make in their first few seasons in the NFL.

Sometimes even bad coaching can't counteract the natural improvements that some players make in their first few seasons in the NFL.

Players don't always improve season to season. The phrase "sophomore slump" exists for a reason. Good thing Marrone was here to help Woods beat that back.

So why would you assume that Woods would have improved?

I'm just messing with you. IMO both sides to the argument you are in seem locked in hyperbole and the truth likely lies somewhere inbetween.

If EJ turns it around, this team will be tough as nails to beat. I still think he should have started game 16. He wants it, he just can't put the ball in a place where the WRs get clobbered. The WRs quit on him, probably justifiably, heck, Goodwin was nothing the rest of the year after he got walloped. Winning them back will be EJs biggest hurdle.

marrone and hackett had a successful collegiate offense that they thought was portable to the pros.. they needed a project QB to step up and rescue their offense, and EJ wasn't up to it.. they failed him as much as he failed them.

hopefully, the experience has put some hard bark on the kid, and he's ready to take command. he has all the tools to run this O.

You must have me confused with another member. I said "expect" EJ to be cut along with an "in my opinion". Go back and comprehend get a grasp on the situation before responding.

Thanks gun.

Imo

No, really, you didn't. I think I grasp the situation just fine.

Imo

Want to know the name of a former NFL QB who had the same amount of TDs (19) and Win/Loss record (6-8) as EJ Manuel after first 14 starts?Joe Montana

Here is Montana's first 14 starts.

Year	Team    	Cmp	Att	Yds	TD	Int	W/L
1980	Rams    	21	37	252	2	2	L
	Bucks   	24	31	200	1	1	L
	Giants  	9	15	151	1	2	W
	Patriots	14	23	123	3	1	W
	Saints  	24	38	285	2	0	W
	Falcons 	25	41	222	1	2	L
	Bills   	25	36	263	1	0	L
1981	Lions   	18	28	195	1	1	L
	Bears   	20	32	287	3	0	W
	Falcons 	24	34	274	2	2	L
	Saints  	16	22	175	1	1	W
	Skins   	15	28	193	0	1	W
	Cowboys 	19	29	279	2	0	W
	Packers 	23	32	220	0	0	W

Montana's team went 8 and 6 not 6 and 8. Over his first 14 starts he had 20 TD's and 13 int's and a completion percentage of 65%. Manuel had 16 TD's and 12 int's (you only get 19 for Manuel if you include the 3 he ran for) and a completion percentage of 58.6%. Montana's QB rating for his first 14 games was 89.7, the league average in 1980 and 1981 was just under 75. OTOH, Manuel's QB rating over his first 14 games is 78.5 while the league average was over 91 for 2013 and over 90 for 2014.

The only obvious conclusion is Montana preformed well above average in his first 14 games while Manuel was well below average for his first 14 games. A pill that seems hard to swallow for some people. Anybody that is more than a casual fan knows the rules have become more favorable for passing over the last 35 years which can be seen in the increasing average QB rating over time. It is silly to compare QB's from different eras without taking into account the historical changes to the game.

How funny is that stat considering all of the hyperbole regarding how horrible EJ is.

Not nearly as funny as someone who compares a QB from the early 80's to a present day QB without including how each QB performed in relation to their peers.

This tells me he is going to the pro bowl this year. For certain

I love when the EJ haters come out in troves.

EJ Manuel, drafted as a project with only 14 career starts. It's still early to pull the plug on said project, even less so when he will have (and his teammates) a creative OC calling the shots.

Hey now, quit submitting a post that makes sense.