EJ Manuel throwing Bullets

HOUSE

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not given up on EJ. I truly think the guy can still pan out if he still has the confidence in himself. The EJ we saw on the field was at least 50% due to the Marrone/Hackett era. The way they used EJ is NOT what Doug Whaley had in mind when they drafted him. Whaley has a TON of research into this guy (way more then any of us on a message board or behind a TV), and he is one of the best young minds in football. I refuse to realize that he could have whiffed that badly on the most important position on the field.

EJ has not had a fair chance, with our coaches trying to have a winning record versus letting EJ develop.

Also, was kept under wraps, only short passes and no scrambling.

We may have to live through more losses for him to gain the experience needed, versus Cassell?

Give him 6 games minimum, win or lose.

He may never end up a franchise QB, but how can you not love the kid?

There are many right here who hate him.

Seriously. Everyone has a deep desire to see him succeed. The problem has never been his arm. Glad he's putting in work, but everyone looks good throwing routes on air.

That's just plain bull ****. There are dozens of Bills fans who detest him. Read their posts. It's disturbing to say the least.

There are many right here who hate him.

That's just plain bull ****. There are dozens of Bills fans who detest him. Read their posts. It's disturbing to say the least.

I don't agree with this at all. I do not believe that EJ will be a franchise QB like most in here. With that being said there is nothing that would make me happier than to be proven wrong by him. The reason people are "anti-EJ" isn't because of him. He is as likable a guy as the Bills could have possibly added. Everyone just wants the Bills to win and I don't think that anyone cares who is under center when it happens.

This competition will bring out his potential. I think this offense will suit him well.

I know you meant the upcoming competition in TC, but I couldn't help but laugh thinking it meant the competition he was facing in that video from Chris Hogan. Haha

I don't agree with this at all. I do not believe that EJ will be a franchise QB like most in here. With that being said there is nothing that would make me happier than to be proven wrong by him. The reason people are "anti-EJ" isn't because of him. He is as likable a guy as the Bills could have possibly added. Everyone just wants the Bills to win and I don't think that anyone cares who is under center when it happens.

There are a couple, there always are, who want to be first in line to say "told you so!" but those are a very small minority.

I look at this way: If he somehow comes around this year and becomes the starter we'll be in very good shape. Matt Cassel as a backup in case EJ gets injured. Not a bad stable at all at the position...if it were to happen that way. Go EJ !

If we can get solid play out of the position I gotta believe we are a playoff caliber team.

Edited by jaybee