EJ Manuel throwing Bullets

HOUSE

There are a couple, there always are, who want to be first in line to say "told you so!" but those are a very small minority.

I've used up all my 'I told you So's on EJ. I sat through the Houston Debacle where receivers gave up on him and his clueless, timid play. Best thing Marrone did last year was send him to the bench the next morning. What he's got going for him now -and for as long as he's a Bill, there's only one direction he can go. Up. Well, up or out. Of course I hope he can turn it loose - he has the 'toolbox' -size, big arm, intelligent, passionate and he's articulate. Nothing I'd want more from our QB. Is IT in him? Can he acquire IT? I see this as his biggest hurdle. If he bombs, well, he already has. If he Gets IT, I'll be among the 1st to publically eat crow.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why such extremism? I don't read where anyone hates EJ. Many says he sucks, and last year he did. His recievers did quit on him as he couldn't deliver an accurate pass, missed them consistently when they were open or nearly got them killed with bad ball placement. He made poor decisions and wasn't, by his own admission, a leader. Saying that ain't hate. It may be fan rancor and harsh, but not hate. There are more than two camps (pro/anti) on EJ. I'm in the camp that believes people can improve and there's ready examples league-wide and right here in Buffalo. (see Jerry Hughes) So let's see what better coaches and a year to contemplate the nuances will do for him. That said, until he produces under fire, you have to consider Cassel the starter.

Why such extremism? I don't read where anyone hates EJ. Many says he sucks, and last year he did. His recievers did quit on him as he couldn't deliver an accurate pass, missed them consistently when they were open or nearly got them killed with bad ball placement. He made poor decisions and wasn't, by his own admission, a leader. Saying that ain't hate. It may be fan rancor and harsh, but not hate. There are more than two camps (pro/anti) on EJ. I'm in the camp that believes people can improve and there's ready examples league-wide and right here in Buffalo. (see Jerry Hughes) So let's see what better coaches and a year to contemplate the nuances will do for him. That said, until he produces under fire, you have to consider Cassel the starter.

Search for it, and you'll find a few people who hate him. There's always a handful of emotional children in any group that takes things personally.

Well, when you stop your crusade against him, maybe I'll consider "growing up a little".

And you're wrong about the haters. There are plenty of them here, some right in this very thread.

I have no crusade against him. I think he won't be a very good QB (he never was one) and I don't mind busting chops over it as a skeptic.

But, if you bothered, you would see that I already said he would be our starting QB this season a while ago.

You want so desperately for a certain narrative to be true that you just crap stuff like this onto the board. There are a lot more posters, like you, who post this way than there are posters who "hate" EJ.

Search for it, and you'll find a few people who hate him. There's always a handful of emotional children in any group that takes things personally.

We have children here ??? :w00t:

I don't agree with this at all. I do not believe that EJ will be a franchise QB like most in here. With that being said there is nothing that would make me happier than to be proven wrong by him. The reason people are "anti-EJ" isn't because of him. He is as likable a guy as the Bills could have possibly added. Everyone just wants the Bills to win and I don't think that anyone cares who is under center when it happens.

No offense to you, but thats your stance, not the boards. This board is full of people who literally have an agenda to tear the kid down at every moment. There are people here who have whole heartedly decided this kid can not make it, is an absolute bust, and will do everything they can to continue that campaign no matter what the subject matter.

There are people who fairly have the opinion he isn't the answer yet would love to see him become the answer. Then there are people who are not even open to the possibility of him having a chance to be the answer and want him cut now. There are people who spend most there time in threads, regardless of topic, bashing people who think he still has upside and bashing him in general. They start threads to directly demean him including ridiculous trade threads that could not and would not ever happen just to fill that agenda.

Its actually gotten out of hand, annoying, and repetitive. its fair to not believe him to be the answer, its also fair to believe he has the potential to be the guy...but lets not kid ourselves that everyone here shares that reasonable stance

I don't agree with this at all. I do not believe that EJ will be a franchise QB like most in here. With that being said there is nothing that would make me happier than to be proven wrong by him. The reason people are "anti-EJ" isn't because of him. He is as likable a guy as the Bills could have possibly added. Everyone just wants the Bills to win and I don't think that anyone cares who is under center when it happens.

I think that you distinguish yourself from some others in your feelings about EJ. Others feel the need to cut the guy down at every turn.

No offense to you, but thats your stance, not the boards. This board is full of people who literally have an agenda to tear the kid down at every moment. There are people here who have whole heartedly decided this kid can not make it, is an absolute bust, and will do everything they can to continue that campaign no matter what the subject matter.

There are people who fairly have the opinion he isn't the answer yet would love to see him become the answer. Then there are people who are not even open to the possibility of him having a chance to be the answer and want him cut now. There are people who spend most there time in threads, regardless of topic, bashing people who think he still has upside and bashing him in general. They start threads to directly demean him including ridiculous trade threads that could not and would not ever happen just to fill that agenda.

Its actually gotten out of hand, annoying, and repetitive. its fair to not believe him to be the answer, its also fair to believe he has the potential to be the guy...but lets not kid ourselves that everyone here shares that reasonable stance

I can't think of one regular poster who wants EJ cut. You guys all hear what you want to hear.

WEO is exactly correct. There have been more posters in this topic complaining about the endless droves of "haters" than there have been "haters."

Edited by FireChan

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Imo

Fool me once? It was well known that EJ was a project QB who would take a couple of years if he were ever to develop into a franchise QB.

Maybe you never liked the pick and you'd rather make it seem like EJ "fooled" you and other Bills fans when you were never in his corner to begin with. That's kind of disingenuous if that's the case. At least keep it real here.

I can't think of one regular poster who wants EJ cut. You guys all hear what you want to hear.

Over under for people that have posted cut EJ is at 12.5. There's definetly been a few.

Gonna be a fun season, let the ej debate rage on, or flame away as White Cassel keeps posting those W's while ej stays qb2.

Over under for people that have posted cut EJ is at 12.5. There's definetly been a few.

Gonna be a fun season, let the ej debate rage on, or flame away as White Cassel keeps posting those W's while ej stays qb2.

You're gonna find some driveby rando's who want him cut, but not many regulars.

Can everyone at least agree that he'll never be as elite as Trent Dilfer?

Sure are. Like the way they handle the Patriots.

Exactly. While the vast majority of people are perfectly rational about the Pats, there's still a handful of overly emotional divas that cry and stamp their feet and shout "They are not cheaters!"

Can everyone at least agree that he'll never be as elite as Trent Dilfer?

Exactly. While the vast majority of people are perfectly rational about the Pats, there's still a handful of overly emotional divas that cry and stamp their feet and shout "They are not cheaters!"

If you find your habit of changing rules after the fact rational God help us all if you're ever a judge.

I've used up all my 'I told you So's on EJ. I sat through the Houston Debacle where receivers gave up on him and his clueless, timid play. Best thing Marrone did last year was send him to the bench the next morning. What he's got going for him now -and for as long as he's a Bill, there's only one direction he can go. Up. Well, up or out. Of course I hope he can turn it loose - he has the 'toolbox' -size, big arm, intelligent, passionate and he's articulate. Nothing I'd want more from our QB. Is IT in him? Can he acquire IT? I see this as his biggest hurdle. If he bombs, well, he already has. If he Gets IT, I'll be among the 1st to publically eat crow.

This post pretty much nails it for me. I'd love to be wrong, and to have him grab the QB job and run with it. I just think that there is not much evidence that this could happen other than blind faith.

Not to be hyper critical, but EJ should be working on looking at/freezing the imaginary safety, then rotating his shoulders over to hit Hogan on these outs. There is absolutely nothing impressive about the referenced clip, it's what any QB in NCAA Division I can and should do versus air.

I think that you distinguish yourself from some others in your feelings about EJ. Others feel the need to cut the guy down at every turn.

I really think that you guys are overestimating it. I do not think that he can be the guy. Many do not. Everyone (even those that don't believe in him) will be thrilled if the Bills start like 6-1 with EJ under center. EVERYONE (even the most and-EJ people here) would rather the Bills win than EJ fail.