Who will start at QB on opening day?

Starting QB  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starting QB on opening day?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If EJ does not start then cut him immediately. But I think he he will win the job clearly. I do not think there will be much of a competition after week two of pre-season games. I am sure they will give everyone a good look in OTA's and training camp. If Tyrod Taylor wins the job he will have improved 1000% ( yes one thousand percent ) over his college days. If Matt Cassel wins the job, we will have a little better QB than Orton and maybe good enough to get into the playoffs and win a playoff game - but not enough to get to the Super Bowl. We need EJ to be the man. Unfortunately - he was so limited by Marrone and coached not to be aggressive, not to throw the ball downfield, not to take any chances - and then he was destroyed by the NFL Defensive Player of the Year - the rest is history. ( by the way Kyle really suck after his first two starts - and the if the receivers did not made some great catches the first he may have sucked from the start. But if we want a QB for the next ten years - we need to hope and pray that EJ is going to work out - if not we have a major issue. He started for two years at FSU and had good number and real good results. So hopefully he can do that here. Go Bills.

It'll be Cassel. Just look at how well he has performed when give the chance to start. He's very savvy and was groomed by one of the best.

The Bills did very well to get him instead of settling for someone from the relatively weak 2015 FA QB group.

I'm still rooting for EJ, but I think Cassel will show that he is better ready right now to lead the Bills to the playoffs....and that's what Rex wants.

Remember, Rex has no allegiance to EJ so he's not about to get the benefit of the doubt.

I personally believe that EJ will win the starting job. I honestly don't care who actually wins it, but believe that he will understand that this is probably his last chance to prove that he's meant to be a starter in the NFL. Cassel is a journeyman, jumping from team to team to team, just like Orton did. He's pretty much a known commodity, which I think is why he's on the roster. Tyrod Taylor is fast, but I'll stop the discussion of him with that. He's been a backup because he's not accurate enough to be a threat throwing the football. If he starts, look for defenses to put 8 or 9 in the box and simply eliminate our running game. I.e. we didn't give Shady so much money to simply not give him the chance to be effective.

Judging by this vote the QB competition is going to be fun to talk about I bet.

You use the word fun , fast and loose Truth!

but we sure as hell are going to talk about

ps

i have no idea whatsoever.

But i am going to vote for EJ. because if he is able to start we have an upside and can then hope.

Let Cassel be a security blanket and mentor.

Tyrod, not sure about that one at all.

wildcat?? :bag:

Rex was not involved in drafting Manuel in the first round so there is no egg on his face not starting Manuel.

On the other hand Whaley did, and Rex does not want to get on his new GMs bad side so quickly.

I think if it is a close call, Manuel gets the nod only because of Whaley. But I picked Cassel because I have very little confidence in Manuels ability and think Cassel will be the clear starter when the dust settles after preseason.

Rex was not involved in drafting Manuel in the first round so there is no egg on his face not starting Manuel.

On the other hand Whaley did, and Rex does not want to get on his new GMs bad side so quickly.

I think if it is a close call, Manuel gets the nod only because of Whaley. But I picked Cassel because I have very little confidence in Manuels ability and think Cassel will be the clear starter when the dust settles after preseason.

I don't think Rex cares that Whaley drafted EJ... He just wants the best player.

EJ EJ EJ EJ EJ EJ

I think they almost have to give him one more shot just for the sake of us all knowing what we really have in a young athletic QB that has had time to grow and learn under a veteran. I'm very optimistic but if all we see is what we saw in the Chargers game and the Texans game...then I digress.

A little OL upgrade wouldn't hurt....

Edited by Hot Buffalo Wings