Harvin signs w/ Bills: 3 yr / $24M (voids to 1 yr / $6M)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wynn took a few days. Taylor as well. Harvin... exactly my point. Clay took a week even though numbers were reported a couple days ago. Felton as well. I love how everyone nit picks and twists things around. If you can't see it idk what to tell you. It's not that serious so idk why I'm even responding it's not like Whaley and overdorf have to stop everything they're doing to type out an announcement. They have employees that handle the press releases. Again not that serious. It was just an observation. Lol

It's going on 6 days since news got out that Bills and Harvin had reached a deal. Still no signing.

it's not like Whaley and overdorf have to stop everything they're doing to type out an announcement. They have employees that handle the press releases. Again not that serious. It was just an observation. Lol

Ha, Im just kidding too. Believe me, Im hanging on every word coming out of OBD! :thumbsup:

It's going on 6 days since news got out that Bills and Harvin had reached a deal. Still no signing.

Considering he agreed late in the afternoon on Friday, your math is a little off.

Everybody just chill. It'll be announced within the next day or so, i'm sure. Just like all the other deals.

Sorry reddogblitz - this is going to happen.

Considering he agreed late in the afternoon on Friday, your math is a little off.

Everybody just chill. It'll be announced within the next day or so, i'm sure. Just like all the other deals.

Sorry reddogblitz - this is going to happen.

Wednesday is the 6th day (F S S M T W) which begins in less than 2 hours Buffalo time.

Let me know when the ink in dry on the contract please.

Wednesday is the 6th day (F S S M T W) which begins in less than 2 hours Buffalo time.

Let me know when the ink in dry on the contract please.

By your math, when he agreed at 3:15 on Friday, a day already passed? No - Friday at 3:15 to Saturday at 3:15 counts as 1 day passed.

We're currently just beyond 4 days since the announcement by Adam Schefter. Tomorrow at 3:15 will be going on Day 5. If they get there. Not much longer than the wait on the other deals.

soooooo.... napkin math in my head.... if the cap hit for clay is 12m this year and harvin is 6m..... this might be in a holding pattern just waiting for a roster move to clear a little space before pen hits paper (like urbiks restructure becoming official on the books). if we were like 16.5m, and urbik cleared 1.5m that would get us to the 18m ballpark

i venture that over the weekend they made a decision on the structure of clay they wanted and approached urbik to get the room to fit harvin and clay in this week. i bet harvins deal is close behind.

Edited by NoSaint

capology = smoke and mirrors NoSaint B-)

being in new orleans and watching the numbers games here the last several years has been a cool opportunity to get used to watching a team maneuver right at the edge. i didnt think clay would have a 12m hit this year; so i hadnt strongly considered in this discussion that we could be tight on today dollars for the clay/harvin duo. its a simple fix, and with the high cap hit on clay this year, it leaves us flexibility later - so im not much worried --- but i bet thats whats going on right now. given how the numbers rumored seem to line up pretty well, it would make sense.

Edited by NoSaint

soooooo.... napkin math in my head.... if the cap hit for clay is 12m this year and harvin is 6m..... this might be in a holding pattern just waiting for a roster move to clear a little space before pen hits paper (like urbiks restructure becoming official on the books). if we were like 16.5m, and urbik cleared 1.5m that would get us to the 18m ballpark

i venture that over the weekend they made a decision on the structure of clay they wanted and approached urbik to get the room to fit harvin and clay in this week. i bet harvins deal is close behind.

definitely makes sense

I don't think Clay is a 12 mil cap hit this year. It has been reported that it will be 12 next season. This season is probably a smaller cap number along with a big signing bonus.

could be - not what i saw, but i cant claim anything concrete. with 24m in the first 2 years, its possible they structured it to hit each hard for the dolphins (as it was outlined to have several points that are tough to match)