Harvin signs w/ Bills: 3 yr / $24M (voids to 1 yr / $6M)

my guess

4, 12, 7,7,8

if the 10m roster bonus next year is accurate, and the cap hit next year is 12m.... there can only be so much signing bonus. thinking out loud, the structure would dictate that a 10m bonus, plus say 1m in salary for ease of math leaves room for only 1m in amortization.

if we know hes getting 24m, and 12 is next year, with a MAX signing bonus of 5m to still preserve the 12 in year 2, it would be a 7m salary, plus 1m of the amortized signing bonus... 8m cap hit in year one would be the rough minimum.

its expensive up front, but easy on the back i think, and the 10m likely gets turned to SB next year to flatten things out a bit. if they do the whole roster bonus to signing bonus, you might even see a planned cap number in the 4m range next year.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being in new orleans and watching the numbers games here the last several years has been a cool opportunity to get used to watching a team maneuver right at the edge. i didnt think clay would have a 12m hit this year; so i hadnt strongly considered in this discussion that we could be tight on today dollars for the clay/harvin duo. its a simple fix, and with the high cap hit on clay this year, it leaves us flexibility later - so im not much worried --- but i bet thats whats going on right now. given how the numbers rumored seem to line up pretty well, it would make sense.

Seems that way. High now for Clay is better than :censored: later... (kinda like Drew at $20Mil + as the later example)

the benefits of moving a pro at a decent price is unlimited (in a sense) than tryign to move $ 15 to $20 mil on one player

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The New York Jets agreed to terms with Antonio Cromartie last Thursday and he just signed his contract this morning. So I guess it's not so abnormal that Harvin hasn't officially been inked and announced yet.

i noticed that about Cro, and had the same thought. I'm paranoid I guess.