Harvin signs w/ Bills: 3 yr / $24M (voids to 1 yr / $6M)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. I know Harvin has his faults but the game last year where he had 3 TDs called back is one of the most dominant games I've seen a WR have. Mercurial and talented, hopefully the latter wins out and those dominant games become the norm.

I heard some nfl guys on national radio taking about Harvin and Clay and they said Clay would be a nice fit but Harvin was way more "talented" of a player from an elite playmaker standpoint and is the better acquisition. They didn't think it was much of a risk because if he screws up it's his last chance and he's on a prove-it deal. Just like incognito, they are being given an opportunity to revive their NFL careers after making mistakes with previous teams.

@ImDrunkRex: First look at Percy Harvin in a Bills jersey http://t.co/4PBcMjgcZV

@PatMoranMix96: Coaches Film-- Bills vs Jets. 21-yd Percy Harvin sweep. Man he's quick https://t.co/yQB7cXTGBY

@salmaiorana: ICYMI: the #Bills keep making splashes, and this time it's by signing Percy Harvin. I like it. http://t.co/xmq4K5Kttwvia @DandC

Not the most exciting highlight - but exactly the type of low risk high reward chunk yardage we are hoping for.

This is worth the read on how the jet sweep makes Harvin so dangerous http://t.co/z7mCQnjyqI

Creating space on the perimeter... Weird. Kind of exactly the type of play I was posting about 3 times a day last year. Use our speed, misdirection, fakes, and build out an option or two in order to mask some of our weaknesses. Little more creative than cj between the guards... But the beauty is the fake sweep pulls linebackers from crashing in the middle when you do run there. I must've said a million times go watch Seattle or SF and focus less on the qb running but more on the general design/concepts. We had sammy and cj (now McCoy) and have added harvin. One misstep and it can be 7 points instead of having to create as much pressure in the intermediate passing game (still will need to be functional, just not press beyond our means)

I'm just upset we signed him for 1 year. So, basically, if he has a great season, he's one and done because we won't be able to sign him. We've got Dareus to sign next year.

Of course the upside being he had a great year and that's less upsetting

I'm just upset we signed him for 1 year. So, basically, if he has a great season, he's one and done because we won't be able to sign him. We've got Dareus to sign next year.

We have $50+ million of cap space next year plus whatever the cap goes up and any salary cap cuts. We can pretty much do anything we want next year...Suh got a $114 million dollar contract and his cap hit this year is $6 million...let's get real here Edited by matter2003

Creating space on the perimeter... Weird. Kind of exactly the type of play I was posting about 3 times a day last year. Use our speed, misdirection, fakes, and build out an option or two in order to mask some of our weaknesses. Little more creative than cj between the guards... But the beauty is the fake sweep pulls linebackers from crashing in the middle when you do run there. I must've said a million times go watch Seattle or SF and focus less on the qb running but more on the general design/concepts. We had sammy and cj (now McCoy) and have added harvin. One misstep and it can be 7 points instead of having to create as much pressure in the intermediate passing game (still will need to be functional, just not press beyond our means)

What's pitiful is that we had the guts to run them too, but never did (eg, spiller, goodwin, Watkins, even woods).

What's pitiful is that we had the guts to run them too, but never did (eg, spiller, goodwin, Watkins, even woods).

It's quite literally what the whole team was designed around with the occasional deep ball - but marrone decided mid build that it wasn't his cup of tea anymore and whaley was a jerk for wanting to stick by it.