Raiders money troubles are pretty serious

dpberr

One of the most overlooked aspects of guaranteed money and the biggest reason why more teams aren't in on big free agents. Also the biggest reason we don't see fully guaranteed contracts as well.

GO BILLS!!!

That's why they want to move to LA. Oakland is choking them off financially and the stadium has no major revenue sources like skyboxes.

After this year they are gone.

Because the last thing this city needs to spend money on is a football team.

An article from CBS Sports. The Raiders on a basic level have a problem funding contracts for free agents. They have lots of cap money but don't have the *real* money to make it work.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25102744/why-the-raiders-must-spend-but-cant-get-anybody-to-take-their-money

The article really doesn't say why he has trouble "funding contracts". They have relatively low renue, but not different from the Bills (as of 2013)/Vikings/Rams/Lions--yet they made far more in profit than any of those teams in 2013.

Why would they lay out 60 million on a single player anyway? Or Revis--for his typical one year?

It's only fair that the tax payer flips the bill for their mismanagement.

Huh?

No Kyle Orton did :wallbash:

REALLY! Hows about our awesome "D". Failed us for one of the few times in that game by giving up lots of big plays. Stop blaming Orton for everything. Yes, he was bad at times, but also pulled out several games for us as well. Basically what you would have expected.....

That's why they want to move to LA. Oakland is choking them off financially and the stadium has no major revenue sources like skyboxes.

could make things worse....there will be a SUBSTANTIAL relocation fee paid to the other owners.

I was at the Bills game in December and that stadium is really bad. I believe it was built in the mid 60's and crappy concession stands and seats.

I can't remember, did the A's sign a lease? How long will they be there?

I was at the Bills game in December and that stadium is really bad. I believe it was built in the mid 60's and crappy concession stands and seats.

I don't care for it either. The only one worse was old Candlestick, Monster Park or whatever it was last named. Terrible. Even the staff at the Coliseum seems to have a "don't give a shite" attitude.