Raiders money troubles are pretty serious

dpberr

It's incredible with the money flowing through the NFL these days that there's an actual shortage of real dollars. Thanks heavens for the Pegula bankroll.

NFL teams receive almost 190M per year as their share of the TV contract and merchandising. There shouldn't be any teams like the Raiders who are vastly under the cap floor. LaCanfora didn't tell the whole story. It's understandable they need a new home, but everytime I look at Mark Davis I think Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and Dumber.

So. how does the highly touted Reggie McKenzie still have a job? Last year they went 3-13...

He seems out of his league as a GM in the NFL. But you've got to give him credit for drafting Carr and making the obvious pick of Mack last year. That said, they have little talent and no one standing in line to change that.

Edited by BillsVet

So. how does the highly touted Reggie McKenzie still have a job? Last year they went 3-13...

Consistent with the article, Mark Davis cant afford to fire McKenzie.

Davis cant afford to pay off the guaranteed cash for McKenzie PLUS pay millions to the next guy. He doesnt have it.

Like I said, if he loves the Raiders, sell it to someone who can actually afford to make the team relevant again.

NFL teams receive almost 190M per year as their share of the TV contract and merchandising. There shouldn't be any teams like the Raiders who are vastly under the cap floor. LaCanfora didn't tell the whole story. It's understandable they need a new home, but everytime I look at Mark Davis I think Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and Dumber.

He seems out of his league as a GM in the NFL. But you've got to give him credit for drafting Carr and making the obvious pick of Mack last year. That said, they have little talent and no one standing in line to change that.

This will be his 4th draft, 4th season, they have not been more the 4 wins under him, and now they have money issues?

This will be his 4th draft, 4th season, they have not been more the 4 wins under him, and now they have money issues?

McKenzie probably isn't cut out to be a NFL GM. I guess the issue I have is Mark Davis inherited a mess and clearly has no clue either about being an owner.

Mark Davis flew on Southwest to go meet with coaching candidates recently. The best thing the Raiders can do is move to LA immediately. The stadium they play in is terrible and outdated even with renovations. Oakland will never pay for a new stadium. They will be worth far more if they move to LA. I hate to see teams move and Oakland is their ancestral home. In this case it is needed.

Edited by SF Bills Fan

Mark Davis flew on Southwest to go meet with coaching candidates recently. The best thing the Raiders can do is move to LA immediately. The stadium they play in is terrible and outdated even with renovations. Oakland will never pay for a new stadium. They will be worth far more if they move to LA. I hate to see teams move and Oakland is their ancestral home. In this case it is needed.

I still can't believe that early in the season they have to play in the dirt from the A's infield. I would think after all this time that the NFLPA would be all over that mess.

REALLY! Hows about our awesome "D". Failed us for one of the few times in that game by giving up lots of big plays. Stop blaming Orton for everything. Yes, he was bad at times, but also pulled out several games for us as well. Basically what you would have expected.....

Several?