[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While i would love to get Clay, I would rather he go to the browns than stay in Miami.

i said it in one of the threads on the topic, but if we lose out to miami on a deal thats not favorable to them -- that leaves them a team that has Mike Wallace, Tannehill, Suh and Clay as its STAR talent taking up HUGE portions of the cap (suh 20m, tannehill will be 20m, wallace little more than 10m, clay little less than 10m -- obviously year to year fluctuates and those were rounded real loosely for bar napkin math -- but that is 60m a year and none of it particularly scares me)

Edited by NoSaint

I have to believe the bills would not have cut Chandler if they didnt think they were going to get Clay....

In Whaley I trust

That's where I side as well... Actions (cutting Chandler) speak WAY louder than internet rumors.

Needless to say Chandler could have been a cut regardless but the timing sure raises eyebrows

Keep in mind that the Browns are in the mix......

The offer needs to be front loaded enough to send them on their way as well......

Is this why we are not signing OL? Because we need the money to frontload Clay's contract?

Browns are only in the mix if we make an offer, clay accepts and miami matches. Right now, the ball is in the bills court.

The offer needs to be front loaded enough to send them on their way as well......

Is this why we are not signing OL? Because we need the money to frontload Clay's contract?

Not much left to sign at this point either, barring cuts. Really need to get this done!

Once the Bills get this offer out there for Clay they can get to work on the OL (and Harvin). If someone (ie Jahri Evans) hits the market the Bills can release Urbik and Williams and free up another $5M this year (or something like that). They can structure his deal to fit in there and use the young guys as depth.

I don't believe he would leave Buffalo without knowing what Cleveland is looking to offer him and I'm guessing it's higher than what Buffalo offered. Maybe it's a ploy by his agent to drive up the price, who knows? I'd say on the surface, it doesn't look good.

Edited by Magox

Once the Bills get this offer out there for Clay they can get to work on the OL (and Harvin). If someone (ie Jahri Evans) hits the market the Bills can release Urbik and Williams and free up another $5M this year (or something like that). They can structure his deal to fit in there and use the young guys as depth.

Precisely.

I'm sure they have a plan for OL just not sure what it is. There is zero chance that Rex and Roman and Whaley are not discussing OL every day, even with all these skill players.

I don't believe he would have left Buffalo without knowing what Cleveland is looking to offer him and I'm guessing it's higher than what Buffalo offered. Maybe it's a ploy by his agent to drive up the price, who knows? I'd say on the surface, it doesn't look good.

I don't think he left yet.