Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ugh...heard from a source he has been informed he is being released...Said it will happen by Tuesday.

Hate...hate...hate this move...

If this happens, I don't agree with it. Jackson is a good leader and don't want to see him gone as of yet.

He is done next year so maybe they think McCoy is the new face of the backfield and they just want to rip the bandaid off. I wonder if he's already been given a heads up this could happen.

Frank gore, Reggie Wayne, Vince Wilfork, etc... All being given essentially the same treatment

Edited by YoloinOhio

It's starting to sink in. I guess the rule of thumb is it's better to do it a year early than a year too late.

I thought it could potentially happen last year. It wont be popular, but I get it.

McCoy is your feature back with Brown and Dixon getting secondary carries. Plus Dixon is a great ST player.

Fred has always been written off. That's nothing new. It's the story of his life. But if given the chance not only would he have been the #2 guy on the team but I bet he would have had almost as many carries as everyone's new favorite RB. It happens every year. He shouldn't be able to, but the guy defies all things and has been the heart and soul of this team for the past almost decade.

This is terrible and I can understand why they would do it. If you look at this on paper then it makes sense. But you can't look at Fred on paper because nothing he has done should have been possible. This is where analytics fail. There's things inside a man that you can't measure: heart, desire, determination, passion, leadership, and the ability to make plays when there is no play to be had.

They are making a mistake if they release him. My hope is that someone gives him a chance, whether it's us or another team. A chance is the only thing Fred has ever needed in order to prove everyone wrong. I've been a Bills fan my whole life but I would openly root for Fred on whatever team he is on. He deserves better from us. He deserves a chance

This is where my head is.

Do you think they're worried that Fred might, once again, outperform the guy they bring in to be the new RB1? This is how they save face. . . . :pirate:

And...

And he sucks

I said it before. But they believe what they want.

Yep you were right, the inactive king behind Boobie Dixon will save us!

"Washed up" Fred had 66 catches last season

Oh really ?

I hope this doesnt mean we're trading another pillar of our defense for a back to replace Freddie

Someone get this man a TV show already. Lmao at the "pillars". Hahahahahaha.

IMO, the Bills totally !@#$ed him over two contracts ago. He was very resentful of it, rightfully so. But he always gave his all. He's been better to the team than they have been to him. Hopefully he will have a lifetime job with the organization, kind of the way Jerry Butler had a long time ambassador role. The Bills owe it to him.

Jerry Butler worked with the Bills front office for 7 years before moving on and and doing the same with Cleveland for 12 years.

He was fired in 2011. I hope Freddy never ends up in Cleveland, or God forbid, an AFC east opponents FO. That's a nauseating scenario.

Fred has always been written off. That's nothing new. It's the story of his life. But if given the chance not only would he have been the #2 guy on the team but I bet he would have had almost as many carries as everyone's new favorite RB. It happens every year. He shouldn't be able to, but the guy defies all things and has been the heart and soul of this team for the past almost decade.

This is terrible and I can understand why they would do it. If you look at this on paper then it makes sense. But you can't look at Fred on paper because nothing he has done should have been possible. This is where analytics fail. There's things inside a man that you can't measure: heart, desire, determination, passion, leadership, and the ability to make plays when there is no play to be had.

They are making a mistake if they release him. My hope is that someone gives him a chance, whether it's us or another team. A chance is the only thing Fred has ever needed in order to prove everyone wrong. I've been a Bills fan my whole life but I would openly root for Fred on whatever team he is on. He deserves better from us. He deserves a chance

We signed him as an undrafted free agent. We gave him a chance and he made a good career for himself here. Unfortunately it may be time to move on. The Pats just released Wilfork. Very similar.