Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We give him his only chance. Becomes above average because of his line mates. No deal for Buffalo. Let him walk. Pick-up a pass rushing stud in the 2nd. Their is plenty of them this year. Younger and cheaper. With this line I think a good rookie could fit.Need money next year for Marcel. Lots of money.

@ByTimGraham: Source tells me Bills have made progress in re-signing Jerry Hughes, but both sides very aware clock ticking. Pressure rising.

Understandably Hughes is under extreme pressure to get his camp to get him signed. He's inches from playing with a terrible defense that can afford him. We're as desirable as it gets for an NFL defensive player.

Understandably Hughes is under extreme pressure to get his camp to get him signed. He's inches from playing with a terrible defense that can afford him. We're as desirable as it gets for an NFL defensive player.

Yes and no. Strictly defense, for sure. Great team and great defense coach that everyone loves to play for. But while that is wholly true, we're undesirable to a degree because we have no QB, and haven't made the playoffs in so long. That would enter anyone's equation as well when considering teams to sign with.

Anyone know if Hughes is actually present at these meetings or is it just his agent? And is Rex allowed to meet with him or no?

I know that players can't actually visit other teams yet until 3/10 but wasn't sure about the "current" team ( I know he's not actually on the team but you get my point)

Edited by YoloinOhio

Anyone know is Hughes is actually present at these meetings or is it just his agent? And is Rex allowed to meet with him or no?

I don't think he is present, no. There were twitter or other reports that he was working out in Texas or somewhere yesterday when they were allegedly meeting. There also really isn't a reason for him to be. It's possible he came to Buffalo today but I would doubt it.

I would also doubt that Rex is allowed to meet with him if he cannot really meet with players that are already signed.

I don't think he is present, no. There were twitter or other reports that he was working out in Texas or somewhere yesterday when they were allegedly meeting. There also really isn't a reason for him to be. It's possible he came to Buffalo today but I would doubt it.

I would also doubt that Rex is allowed to meet with him if he cannot really meet with players that are already signed.

ok - that's what I thought. But he can meet with him on the 10th, right? If he isn't yet signed?

Levitre played well in Buffalo. Not sure if it was a difference in schemes or because of injuries that he has not performed well for the Titans.

McCoy should be an upgrade, but at what price? His cap hit is approximately $10 million, and we traded Kiko (a former second round pick) and are not re-signing Spiller (a former first round pick). Does not seem like good overall value to me, which seems to happen a lot with the Bills.

Letting quality free agents depart can be the right decision, as long as you have quality replacements for those players. This has been the problem for the Bills.

Deal is getting reworked, so wait on the $10M claim.

What does it matter where Spiller was drafted? Has he lived up to those expectations?

He wants too much. These players play for the bucks today and the owners push them to that. There is no loyalty in the NFL. The teams have created this and the players know this. Take the money and run. A'rnt to many Mario's out there that signed the big contracts and are still on the same team.

damn them, damn them all to hell!