Matt Cassel a Bill

Nanker

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why give up draft picks when he is no better than FAs out there? We could use those picks to get linemen to develop. I am not liking this move much. Hopefully, the picks are below round 4.

Given they receive two and we get one, I would bank on it being a 3rd or 4th at worst. We will get a 6th and 7th.

Worse than Sanchez in my opinion, and by a fair amount. But it really doesn't matter much. They're all bad options. He's gotten worse every year of late, and is basically a statue. He did play in the little league world series though, and that's pretty cool.

The basic question I ask myself is this: is player X (in this case, Cassell) an upgrade over Orton? I'd say no here.

That's only the question if you are trying to gauge against last years team. The real question right now is this: is player X better than Tuel or the QB we could have gotten with the picks we gave up? Since we don't know the picks yet the answer to the first part is of course yes. While Cassel isn't great, he's likely better than anyone in the draft after the top 2.

I'm hardly pining for Sanchez. I just think he's a lot more talented than Cassell. I watched a bit of Cassell in random games over the last couple of seasons, and he's just not any good. At this point in his career, he's a well-below-average athlete. He's not as bad as, say, Christian Ponder, but he's not good. I'm not criticizing the move; I knew they were going to chase down one of these stiffs.

Yeah. I wanted Moore. But didn't want Hoyer or Sanchez. We need a vet that can handle the ball and get it downfield.

Given they receive two and we get one, I would bank on it being a 3rd or 4th at worst. We will get a 6th and 7th.

cassel was a likely cut, and has 1 year on his contract. id be shocked by "3rd or 4th at the worst" and think we are looking at a 4th as the highest.