If Kiko Was A Bargaining Chip Then Why....

If Kiko was a bargaining chip then why didn't they package him up as part of a deal for another for another position? They could have backed up the Brinks truck to Demarco Murray or explored a value option with Mark Ingram in free agency and use Kiko as part of another deal.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the potential of McCoy in the offence but in a year super deep in RBs and some great FA options, why take on the contract and a player that sounds like he doesn't want to be here.

I'd say it would be pretty hard to bring back anywhere near the value of Shady by trading Kiko somewhere else.

I know we love the Bills and Rex is great and all, but Mario is the only significant FA we've signed in a long time. Can we stop playing the Browns fans game of thinking we'd be players for every marquee FA? Ingram is bad and Murray is going elsewhere if the money is close.

Ask the Eagles for Foles and a draft pick. The Bears would have traded Cutler for a ham sandwich

qb value... Is what it is. It doesn't equate to a LB. Draft pick too? No....

Part of why Cutlers trade value is lower is his huge contract. Foles makes peanuts.

Edited by YoloinOhio

So you'd rather have Jay Cutler than LeSean McCoy?

Maybe it's time to sit a couple of plays out there Champ.

In case you didn't hear, McCoy doesn't want to play for us. And we don't have a QB. You know, the most important position on the team.

The way this is going, they WILL add a QB, Probably nobody on anyones radar, just like Shady was a surprise.

They will not go into camp with EJ pegged as the starter, they are too far "IN" for that, They will have at least one QB better than or equal to EJ to compete.

if we were willing to trade Kiko then we should have gone after a QUARTERBACK!

Come on guys common sense here, I know everyone has some.

In case you didn't hear, McCoy doesn't want to play for us. And we don't have a QB. You know, the most important position on the team.

Can I see the link where McCoy says himself.

I wasn't aware trading for LeSean McCoy was preventing us from signing Aaron Rodgers.

I'm well aware of the QB situation. Because we don't have a top QB, should we just trade Mario, Dareaus, Kyle, Watkins and Cordy Glenn and pout? Or should we try to build a team that can win given our limitations?

why does it have to be Kiko for a QB? you act like by trading Kiko they cant make another trade for a QB...dont get the logic there

So you'd rather have Jay Cutler than LeSean McCoy?

Maybe it's time to sit a couple of plays out there Champ.

I guess I need to sit a couple plays out too.

There's no RB i'd rather have than McCoy. Not even DeMarco or AP (and that's a very close call there). I think McCoy is more versatile.

But I need to take a shot at QB. I guess by the old proverb, I'd rather have 2 in the bush. Since I havent been in the playoffs in this century.

Edited by maddenboy

Yea, yea, yea and Mario Williams is never going to want to come to Buffalo.

He will change his tune as soon as they work out a restructured contract and he is guaranteed more money.

I guess I need to sit a couple plays out too.

There's no RB i'd rather have than McCoy. Not even DeMarco or AP (and that's a very close call there). I think McCoy is more versatile.

But I need to take a shot at QB. I guess by the old proverb, I'd rather have 2 in the bush. Since I havent been in the playoffs in this century.

I don't think this deal has any impact on the QB situation. It doesn't change the QBs who are available as FAs. The only QBs who might be available for trade are guys like Bradford or Cutler and we'd really flip out had the team traded Kiko for one of those. It's not like Kiko would have netted us Cam Newton or Russell Wilson.

Simply put, elite QBs are not available for trade, regardless of who is offered. The only way we are getting one is through the draft or finding a gem on the FA scrap heap. This deal doesn't impact our ability to do either of those things.

Link?

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/03/lesean_mccoy_reportedly_not_happy_about_trade_to_buffalo_bills.html

Come on guys common sense here, I know everyone has some.

Can I see the link where McCoy says himself.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/03/lesean_mccoy_reportedly_not_happy_about_trade_to_buffalo_bills.html

Also check the front page of the Philly newspaper

I don't see a McCoy quote...

he spoke directly to Josina Anderson and said "why me?" and he has no plans on reporting any time soon as per his agent. probably going to be a training camp holdout and then is he just all of a sudden supposed to start game 1 when he doesn't know the plays? this sounds bad

If Kiko was a bargaining chip then why didn't they package him up as part of a deal for another for another position? They could have backed up the Brinks truck to Demarco Murray or explored a value option with Mark Ingram in free agency and use Kiko as part of another deal.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the potential of McCoy in the offence but in a year super deep in RBs and some great FA options, why take on the contract and a player that sounds like he doesn't want to be here.

I have the same feelings. Love McCoy, but it seems like Murray or Ingram could have been cheaper (and they could have kept Alonso if there was not a suitor for another position).

he spoke directly to Josina Anderson and said "why me?" and he has no plans on reporting any time soon as per his agent. probably going to be a training camp holdout and then is he just all of a sudden supposed to start game 1 when he doesn't know the plays? this sounds bad

You love making up drama.

I don't think this deal has any impact on the QB situation. It doesn't change the QBs who are available as FAs. The only QBs who might be available for trade are guys like Bradford or Cutler and we'd really flip out had the team traded Kiko for one of those. It's not like Kiko would have netted us Cam Newton or Russell Wilson.

Simply put, elite QBs are not available for trade, regardless of who is offered. The only way we are getting one is through the draft or finding a gem on the FA scrap heap. This deal doesn't impact our ability to do either of those things.

you are exactly correct.

Ask the Eagles for Foles and a draft pick. The Bears would have traded Cutler for a ham sandwich

weren't you one of the ones bitching about mccoy's contract? but CUTLER'S would be okay? :wallbash:

getting McCoy for a linebacker was beyond improbable. this assumption that a quarterback could/should have been had is downright preposterous.

Because Chip Kelly was the only one over-valuing Alonso so badly.

People, in general, hate change. No player likes surprise trades. Its unsettling and brings in all sorts of levels on uncertainty. The initial reaction is always sour.

All these articles talking about McCoy not liking the trade are all about his initial reaction, and contain NO direct quotes from him.

He'll settle down once he has a chance to talk to his long-time friend Doug Whaley. And especially once we talk extending that contract with more guaranteed money.

Edited by DrDareustein