Bills need to orchestrate a trade for a viable starting QB!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it would ever happen, but if we acquired Drew Brees we'd most likely be a top 3, if not THE super bowl favorite. We wouldn't be anywhere near where we started. It's unlikely he has only 1 or 2 years left imo. Manning might not make as much sense, but just about any other good qb makes complete sense. Of the top 10-15 QBs in the NFL, I'd bet only manning (possibly Brady if Mario kills him) would set us back after 1 or 2 years. And if they won a SB in those one or two years, we'd be much better off than we are now. Nowhere near where we started. I'd give up next years first and more for Brees right now

Brees just turned 36. He hasn't shown any signs of fading, although their offense wasn't as potent as in years past.

How about trade the whole 2016 draft for him?! B-)

Not that it would ever happen, but if we acquired Drew Brees we'd most likely be a top 3, if not THE super bowl favorite. We wouldn't be anywhere near where we started. It's unlikely he has only 1 or 2 years left imo. Manning might not make as much sense, but just about any other good qb makes complete sense. Of the top 10-15 QBs in the NFL, I'd bet only manning (possibly Brady if Mario kills him) would set us back after 1 or 2 years. And if they won a SB in those one or two years, we'd be much better off than we are now. Nowhere near where we started. I'd give up next years first and more for Brees right now

You're forgetting the OP traded off the rest of the team.

Talking bout Drew Brees trade seems silly at first glance....but given a lot of thought it does seem like a scenario that is at least plausible.

Consider some of the facts: The Saints are come off of an atrocious season w/ a fully healthy Brees. They have serious cap problems. Brees is 36. If the Bills came knocking with say this year's 2nd round pick, next year's 1st and 4th round picks and Marcell Dareus I think it's a consideration the Saints would have to consider.

it'd be a kings ransom.....but the Bills would come away with a franchise qb for a team that's reasy to win now. The Saints lose a helluva qb but they get one of the best DT's in the game plus a bevy of draft picks for the future. When Brees decides to hang em up in 2-3 years the Saints can say see now we have all these young promising players here in NO that we wouldn't have if we hung onto an aging Qb.

Talking bout Drew Brees trade seems silly at first glance....but given a lot of thought it does seem like a scenario that is at least plausible.

Consider some of the facts: The Saints are come off of an atrocious season w/ a fully healthy Brees. They have serious cap problems. Brees is 36. If the Bills came knocking with say this year's 2nd round pick, next year's 1st and 4th round picks and Marcell Dareus I think it's a consideration the Saints would have to consider.

it'd be a kings ransom.....but the Bills would come away with a franchise qb for a team that's reasy to win now. The Saints lose a helluva qb but they get one of the best DT's in the game plus a bevy of draft picks for the future. When Brees decides to hang em up in 2-3 years the Saints can say see now we have all these young promising players here in NO that we wouldn't have if we hung onto an aging Qb.

Next time you think to trade MD watch the 2nd half of the Oakland game over and over.

Here's the thing: We have the top of the line tool set (the Craftsman or Snap On if you will) in EJ Manuel....but we don't have the master mechanic. We need that one guy to come in and show EJ the ropes (Orton was not that guy because he had one foot in the hot tub at Shady Pines Retirement Home). Only one man can show EJ how to make it in the big league...technique, spiral throws, footwork and positive mental attitude. We had him last year and Marrone let him go. Call him up...he would definitely come back.

Just a warning: Craftsman is Chinese. It's been like this for awhile now.

Next time you think to trade MD watch the 2nd half of the Oakland game over and over.

I agree. I love Marcell Dareus. I'm also aware that we lost that game in Oakland because our qb play stinks. drew brees over a below average qb gains this team 4 wins. Losing dareus might lose hs 1 game. 1 great qb means so so much more than 1 great DT. And I know most any Bills fan fully understands that.

Two solid options no one's talking about:

1. Jeff George. Enough said.

2. Joe Montana. Dude's doing pizza commercials and he wears those Sketchers sneakers to stay in shape. A win-win in my book.

Both options probably wouldn't cost much...George has been good and Montana's was elite. I think these are the kinds of QB's the Bills need to be thinking about. Just sayin'

You're forgetting the OP traded off the rest of the team.

Didn't see that. Just read the first post and replied. Don't recall reading that. I don't think we'd include more than 1 player, if any at all. Just picks. But what I guess I have no idea, because these QB's aren't on the market. I agree with the OP that we need to go balls to the walls to acquire one, but it's doubtful anyone will part with one.

Eli, rivers, ben......and we traded a 2nd and future 1st to draft JP. Sigh. Could've traded a 2nd and the pick used to draft evans to move up 3 spots to grab Ben.

Edited by NewEra

I don't see how the Bills expect to compete for the playoffs with a below average to average starting QB (Sanchez/Hoyer) or a young developing QB.

(Manuel).

With so many high quality FAs available at so many positions (except QB) they can fill those other needs if they really want to. They won't get a starting QB in this year's draft most likely.

It's time that Ryan learn his lesson and go get a real starting QB. I'm talking about P. Manning, Brees, RGIII, etc.

Settling for Sanchez or Hoyer or worse is not going to get it done.

RG3? he is not even in their realm. However it would be nice to get Brees or Manning or any other elite QB that is not available.

Two solid options no one's talking about:

1. Jeff George. Enough said.

2. Joe Montana. Dude's doing pizza commercials and he wears those Sketchers sneakers to stay in shape. A win-win in my book.

Both options probably wouldn't cost much...George has been good and Montana's was elite. I think these are the kinds of QB's the Bills need to be thinking about. Just sayin'

How about offering Brett Favre a year's supply of Just for Men and a Copper Sleeve to come out of retirement!

I don't see how the Bills expect to compete for the playoffs with a below average to average starting QB (Sanchez/Hoyer) or a young developing QB.

(Manuel).

With so many high quality FAs available at so many positions (except QB) they can fill those other needs if they really want to. They won't get a starting QB in this year's draft most likely.

It's time that Ryan learn his lesson and go get a real starting QB. I'm talking about P. Manning, Brees, RGIII, etc.

Settling for Sanchez or Hoyer or worse is not going to get it done.

Who? What price?

The real world NFL isn't anything like Madden.

Why do people keep posting to trade for players they would never ever give up? When we were going to the playoffs every year in the late 80's and 90's, would Buffalo ever consider a trade for Jim Kelly?

Why not? We had Reich who won us the greatest comeback of all time. Oh, that's right, we would have been fools to get rid of Kelly for any reason as he was "what's that, a franchise QB"

These threads are idiotic. Not one team for any reason will ever give up Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Big Ben, Eli, Romo, Rivers, and so on so just STOP!

Deal with it. We can have a second tier QB from the free agent heap, or maybe we can actually pick a winner next time in the draft in the coming years. That's it. No other option, Do not get out of jail, do not pass, just live with it.

Brees just turned 36. He hasn't shown any signs of fading, although their offense wasn't as potent as in years past.

How about trade the whole 2016 draft for him?! B-)

I'd do that for Rodgers, but, I'd hold back my #3 for Brees.