Bills need to orchestrate a trade for a viable starting QB!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of the comments have come from those with cabin fever. EJ has to be our firrst consideration with a fair back up. We will not get a great QB this year. Get one next year in the draft. Hope EJ pans out and at least doesn't turn the ball over. Build the O line this year.

Hasn't anyone else notice, there is a serious QB shortage in the league. Also, if we had a $20m QB would we have all the defensive talent we have? Doubtful

And it's likely to get even worse. In 2 or 3 years, 3 of the elite QBs (P.Manning, Brees & Brady) will probably be retired along with a very good one in Romo. Also, by then, the likes of Eli Manning, Rivers, Rothlisberger, Cutler & Rodgers will be in their mid to late 30s. There currently aren't many replacements lined up.

The colleges and NFL teams need to start doing a better job of developing young QBs. To think we're in an age of the NFL game where the rules have made it the easiest to throw the football and we still have this problem.

And it's likely to get even worse. In 2 or 3 years, 3 of the elite QBs (P.Manning, Brees & Brady) will probably be retired along with a very good one in Romo. Also, by then, the likes of Eli Manning, Rivers, Rothlisberger, Cutler & Rodgers will be in their mid to late 30s. There currently aren't many replacements lined up.

The colleges and NFL teams need to start doing a better job of developing young QBs. To think we're in an age of the NFL game where the rules have made it the easiest to throw the football and we still have this problem.

I agree but colleges are using spread offenses....no huddle and no one is learning how to read defenses...it's like backyard football as a kid....you go deep and I'll hit you......

I looked at the thread title about 5 times today and resisted the urge to click. Why did I finally give in?

Ditto. I finally gave in because I thought there'd be some funny responses.

@BleedingGreen: As @EliotShorrParks notes, the Eagles store took down the 60+ Nick Foles items that were on sale: http://t.co/r1ysyJhLGX

This was one of the replies --

@BrandonGowton: If the Bills gave up a fourth round pick for Bryce Brown, what would they give up for Nick Foles?

The only way Foles gets traded is if the Iggles acquire his replacement. I think that's their plan, but until it happens Foles is their best QB by far and he's going nowhere. I know Mariota would be their preference, but Foles would likely get sent to TEN in a trade to 2 in that (unlikely) case. The other guy I could see them getting relatively cheap would be RG3, who incidentally is also missing from his team's propaganda this season. If something like that happens then Foles is on the market and would be an option.

I don't see how the Bills expect to compete for the playoffs with a below average to average starting QB (Sanchez/Hoyer) or a young developing QB.

(Manuel).

With so many high quality FAs available at so many positions (except QB) they can fill those other needs if they really want to. They won't get a starting QB in this year's draft most likely.

It's time that Ryan learn his lesson and go get a real starting QB. I'm talking about P. Manning, Brees, RGIII, etc.

Settling for Sanchez or Hoyer or worse is not going to get it done.

We're probably getting Locker and I don't see us sacrificing Draft picks for an existing QB.

You I and Bills Nation are going to have to hope "Ground and Pound" gets it done with our Stellar D.

If the Redskins go QB with pick 5 or Bryce Petty or Garrett Grayson in the second round, they will most likely move Cousins for a trade (4-5 round). I would get him for a 6th. The skins had a terrible line and not very good chemistry on the offense. Cousins could compete with EJ being in skins country myself he looked pretty good but had some int's that he needs to clean up. He's a great kid, good arm, needs some more reps but an upgrade from EJ in the long run IMO.

Ditto. I finally gave in because I thought there'd be some funny responses.

The only way Foles gets traded is if the Iggles acquire his replacement. I think that's their plan, but until it happens Foles is their best QB by far and he's going nowhere. I know Mariota would be their preference, but Foles would likely get sent to TEN in a trade to 2 in that (unlikely) case. The other guy I could see them getting relatively cheap would be RG3, who incidentally is also missing from his team's propaganda this season. If something like that happens then Foles is on the market and would be an option.

Foles for EJ straight up. Problem solved.