Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why people think that the Jets are a better landing spot in Revis's mind than the Bills simply because he loved playing for the Jets. They traded him when he didn't want to be traded. He loved Rex and Thurman, and they are in Buff.

I think that the Bills have a real chance at him. They make as much sense as anyone except NE IMO. There are teams with more money like Oakland that are also in the mix. If the Bills were to come in at 4 years $52M, NE at 3 years $40M, and Oakland at 5 years $65M where would he go? It's just a hypothetical...

It seems a bit ridiculous to even think about bringing Revis in...Especially at the price he's almost certain to demand...

But thinking about this Defense with the addition of Revis...Oh my...That would really be something... B-)

I'm not sure why people think that the Jets are a better landing spot in Revis's mind than the Bills simply because he loved playing for the Jets. They traded him when he didn't want to be traded. He loved Rex and Thurman, and they are in Buff.

and he reportedly hates Woody Johnson.

That's a LOT of money for ONE guy who's NOT a QB. I know, I know, he's a difference maker... but...

Seems like it would get in the way of signing Dareus next year unless it was a one year deal (which I doubt Revis would sign with the Bills.) I'd rather go with the big man.

Seems like it would get in the way of signing Dareus next year unless it was a one year deal (which I doubt Revis would sign with the Bills.) I'd rather go with the big man.

I think you might be underestimating how much cap room the Bills will have next off season, without even getting into restructuring Mario's deal. If they get creative with the contract (as someone mentioned earlier, perhaps a fully guaranteed deal), there's no reason they can't afford Revis, Buluga, and Charles -- with room to get Dareus, Glenn and Gilmore resigned next year.

This team is in GREAT cap shape going forward.

John Clayton mentioned the Bills as a possible Revis landing spot just now.

Listened to Whaley's interview on John Murphy tonight...He teased big plans...I wondered about Revis instantly when he said it...

NFL Network...mainly ex-teammate Tomlinson...seem obsessed with Revis going back to NYC and his love for it there...

Would hate to see him stay in the AFC East if he's not in Buffalo...That would suck... B-)

I think you might be underestimating how much cap room the Bills will have next off season, without even getting into restructuring Mario's deal. If they get creative with the contract (as someone mentioned earlier, perhaps a fully guaranteed deal), there's no reason they can't afford Revis, Buluga, and Charles -- with room to get Dareus, Glenn and Gilmore resigned next year.

This team is in GREAT cap shape going forward.

Near as I can tell, the Bills should have between $45-50M in cap room next year. As of right now. That will change as they sign more FA's. But still a huge chunk of cap room.

Listened to Whaley's interview on John Murphy tonight...He teased big plans...I wondered about Revis instantly when he said it...

NFL Network...mainly ex-teammate Tomlinson...seem obsessed with Revis going back to NYC and his love for it there...

Would hate to see him stay in the AFC East if he's not in Buffalo...That would suck... B-)

FWIW, Clayton listed all 4 AFC East teams as the possible landing spots. I can't see Miami spending that with the Suh contract.

Who knows; I expect the Bills to continue swimming in the deep end though.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

FWIW, Clayton listed all 4 AFC East teams as the possible landing spots. I can't see Miami spending that with the Suh contract.

Who knows though. I expect the Bills to continue swimming in the deep end though.

There's no way Miami can do it, if they sign Suh.