Patriots announce press conf for 1/24

YoloinOhio

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The EN EFF EL will cover Kraft/Billacheat/Brady's collective azzes by doing a mea culpa.

"The proper procedures were not in place to ensure that game balls remain at their proscribed inflation pressure.

We therefore, have no alternative than to let bygones be bygones, and put more exacting procedures in place for the 2015 season and beyond... to ensure the integrity of the game," said Jolly Roger Badsick NFL Commissioner at his presser from the 2014-15 World Champion NE Patriots* team owner's suite following their crushing defeat of the Seattle Seahawks - who had to forfeit the game on a technicality because their uniforms were lost in transit from Seattle, and they refused to show up in their cleats and jockstraps.

He keeps stressing that they followed the rules "to the letter." Yeah, but your whole career is built around finding loopholes in the letter of the rules.

And he hasn't yet spoken to anything that could have happened on the sidelines.

This. I bet they have done deflated footballs for years.

So far, I don't think he's lying...climate would account for 1psi, from 12.5 to 11.5. Consistent with the theory. Patriots would be better off, though, if they had ANYONE else giving this press conference.

And I like how he said that "We have no access to our balls, until we play with them in the game." :lol:

Even if they loose the Super Bowl, they'll still be pocket pool champs!

The most interesting thing to me was when he said the outdoor temperature the night of the Ravens game. Huh?!? I thought the Colts game was under scrutiny. Sounds like he slipped up there. I'm sure it's confusing when you do the same thing every bad weather game.

Belichick: Well, look, you can take the atmospheric conditions out of it because if the footballs are measured in the same atmospheric conditions then it’s a non-factor. But if you measure a football in a controlled condition like this and you measure a football on, let’s say, the night we played Baltimore, there’s no way they’re the same

The most interesting thing to me was when he said the outdoor temperature the night of the Ravens game. Huh?!? I thought the Colts game was under scrutiny. Sounds like he slipped up there. I'm sure it's confusing when you do the same thing every bad weather game.

Belichick: Well, look, you can take the atmospheric conditions out of it because if the footballs are measured in the same atmospheric conditions then it’s a non-factor. But if you measure a football in a controlled condition like this and you measure a football on, let’s say, the night we played Baltimore, there’s no way they’re the same

So maybe few have picked up on this . Ravens HC is still miffed about the eligible bs patriots use on them. they had already put forth the notion of under inflated balls into the NFLS in box

BB knows this . NFL said they were already on high alert.

BB slipped up. he knows exactly what is going on.

No and no one asked that most obvious queztion. Although DC Tom is right he'd have some smart ass answer for that.

Imagine he would have responded today that he didn't know because he isn't responsible for the Colts balls.

I imagine that, when cornered, the Patriots response will be that the additional loss of pressure is due to the proprietary ball rubbing they do that's different than the ball rubbing that the Colts do.

Edited by Nihilist25

So maybe few have picked up on this . Ravens HC is still miffed about the eligible bs patriots use on them. they had already put forth the notion of under inflated balls into the NFLS in box

BB knows this . NFL said they were already on high alert.

BB slipped up. he knows exactly what is going on.

Or he's playing word games because he realizes it was 26 degrees at kickoff for the Ravens game and 50 degrees at kickoff for the Colts game, meaning this could explain the difference for the Ravens game, but not likely the Colts game.

You have to go to PFT and read the comments - these M!@#$s would be less excited if the Messiah reappeared. They're acting like they won something and this guy vindicated himself/Brady.

They really don't have the full grasp of what's happening here...

Its over for them….win or lose. This may go away but it will not be forgotten.

Dynasty of frauds.

Something else odd...Belichick's not an expert on the physical properties of footballs. But judging by his quick throwaway line about Mona Lisa Vito, he is, apparently, an expert on "My Cousin Vinnie,"

Yeah, sure...that wasn't just prepared. It was staged.