Patriots announce press conf for 1/24

YoloinOhio

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really not a difficult subject. Anyone with half a brain could figure this out; it's less about knowing the details than about being systematic about finding them out.

The sad thing is that, for him to be this well-versed on the subject, the Patriots would have had to do a far more thorough investigation than anything the league has done.

I said it days ago. Ultimately, Gisele has to be the one responsible, since we all know Brady's balls are in her purse.

well as you know, I'm an idiot. But if he truly had no knowledge of anything about the process, that he learned that much in a few days is actually really impressive.

Bill Getting a little chippy...

Edited by YoloinOhio

Moreover, if the Patriots really did not do anything why is it their place to conduct this press conference in the first place? If they have nothing to hide just keep your mouths shut and let the NFL investigation exonerate you.

The truth spins itself, this was needless...unless you're spinning a coverup and trying desperately to get someone...anyone to believe you. IMO this is either the NFL test balloon to measure the reaction or the Patriots first salvo setting up PR for an appeal.

well as you know, I'm an idiot. But if he truly had no knowledge of anything about the process, that he learned that much in a few days is actually really impressive.

Getting a little chippy...

Not to mention how much time it took away from preparing for the Seahawks.

I think the league told them to make this story go away themselves. And they won't.

Even you could learn it. It's a matter of going to his staff and saying "Walk me through the preparation." And then questioning every why, how, and where.

The challenge for most people is being systematic about it. Most people would try to intuit their way through. It doesn't surprise me that Belichick would be highly systematic approaching it - much as I hate the guy, he does have that scientific mindset, much as he claims not to.

Moreover, if the Patriots really did not do anything why is it their place to conduct this press conference in the first place? If they have nothing to hide just keep your mouths shut and let the NFL investigation exonerate you.

That was what they should have done Thursday. This was trying to control the damage they did in NOT doing that earlier.

And like someone said on ESPN just now...Belichick explicitly said it's the last time he's discussing the topic. It's an explicit statement to everyone that they will ignore any and all questions about this when they get to Arizona.

Details for those of us away from a TV or radio?

bill took us through a physics class to explain his deflated balls and then got pissed at the media for asking questions.

@Deadspin: Bill Belichick goes full Mr. Wizard, attempts to use description of rubbing and caressing balls to explain deflation http://t.co/OwuhNS5Xog

Edited by YoloinOhio

Silly me, I thought the league was doing the investigation.

Pats can do their own.

What was explicitly missing from his statement was anything that happens on the sidelines with the balls. He only covered preparation, which is something people haven't really questioned.

bill took us through a physics class to explain his deflated balls and then got pissed at the media for asking questions.

But one of the questions was about Spygate, and he copped to it through explaining he thought it was okay because the signals are in front of 80k people and other cameras, and he'd never do it again.

That was what they should have done Thursday. This was trying to control the damage they did in NOT doing that earlier.

And like someone said on ESPN just now...Belichick explicitly said it's the last time he's discussing the topic. It's an explicit statement to everyone that they will ignore any and all questions about this when they get to Arizona.

That's nice. Good luck controlling Media Day when 4,000 people all keep asking the same question and you aren't allowed to end the PC prematurely.

The "leagues" lead investigator just gave a press conference...the Pats are the league...

The damning thing about this investigation is the failure to invite the league to participate. "Hey, we're going to go through preparation for the next three days. Send some people to go through it with us."

If they'd done that, this would have more credibility. A separate investigation, now they can be accused of trying to snow the league and confuse the issue.