Patriots announce press conf for 1/24

YoloinOhio

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its official. Belichick ran around in circles enough that im dizzy of this story. You all know nothing is going to come of this, Brady could play with glow in the dark nerf balls with the aero foil on the back and the league wouldnt say anything. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Not only that, but his whole explanation amounted to the balls being 1psi different from when they started, and all of the patriots deflated balls were twice that amount.

We haven't heard anything official yet. Mort and PK had a different number of balls under, maybe the amounts aren't 100% accurate too... We will see.

The other thing that completely makes no sense, is he said they tested it this week, after the game and found out the preparation raised the psi 1pd. The only way that helps their reasoning is if they knew this beforehand, set it at 11.5 so the added psi would make it 12.5 at measurement and then revert later to its normal desired amount.

But of course, according to him, they didn't know any of this before the game.

Oh, and the balls were 2 psi under, not 1.

So if they didn't know all this, and inflated to 12.5 (as Belichick said the other day they do), that means that the balls actually went down THREE psi, not two.

He's just inflated his culpability by an additional 50 percent.

So if they didn't know all this, and inflated to 12.5 (as Belichick said the other day they do), that means that the balls actually went down THREE psi, not two.

He's just inflated his culpability by an additional 50 percent.

LMAO Thats correct!

LMFAO! Thats great

We haven't heard anything official yet. Mort and PK had a different number of balls under, maybe the amounts aren't 100% accurate too... We will see.

Gerry Austin, who I believe, and who has every reason to protect the league, and has been on this since the beginning, said...

"My understanding is, all 12 balls were under the 13 pounds [pressure limit. But 11 of them were more than 2 pounds under the 13 pounds. And I take away from that somebody has let some air out of the balls."

The other thing that completely makes no sense, is he said they tested it this week, after the game and found out the preparation raised the psi 1pd. The only way that helps their reasoning is if they knew this beforehand, set it at 11.5 so the added psi would make it 12.5 at measurement and then revert later to its normal desired amount.

But of course, according to him, they didn't know any of this before the game.

Oh, and the balls were 2 psi under, not 1.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Makes no sense at all