Browns seem done with Johnny Manziel; enters rehab

YoloinOhio

I have to admit if the Bills stayed at 9 he would have been my pick. So I will take my lumps there. I still think there is a little hope for him but it defintiely looks like he is the total douche that people though he might be.

The team mates are saying he's a good guy - that might just be to say something kind. The real problem is total immaturity.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you let your biases blind you but fair enough. Johnny played in a great system that saw Case Keenum set records with 2 top 10 pick OTs and a beast top wr.

IMO, Johnny peaked in college while EJ still has room to grow. And given how much better EJ'd head is screwed on and with his better physical tools, I think he has a much brighter NFL future. And I really don't think it's close. Jmo and neither guy may do anything.

probably true, which is now why I'm not stumping for Spread/Running QBs any more because they just have a hard time adjusting to the pro game.

I love college ball but it is getting harder and harder to get these guys ready, which is why the NFL needs a farm system to develop pro QBs in a pro system.

It's funny guys like BB and FC bash everything EJ does yet ride Johnny Bench's Richard and make every excuse for him. He seriously looked like one of the worst Wbs ever when he played.

That said, and I hate everything about JF and think he is a spoiled little d bag, it would be dumb to give up on him now. The 1st round pick is a sunken cost and no one is giving you higher than maybe a 6th. Keep him for a year and see if he grows up. (Which really doesn't matter because he's not skilled enough anyways but still).

There he is.

Oh there were many many members of this board that wanted the Bills to acquire Manziel before and after EJ was drafted. Crickets now....

I would still love to acquire him now. There's no reason to dump a 22 year-old QB based on 1 horrible game (his first start) and a bunch of questionable off-field decisions. The guy is super immature and came into the league with way too much hype (which likely further fueled his immaturity). There's no reason to acquire him and let him sit for another year while he gets his act together.

I would still love to acquire him now. There's no reason to dump a 22 year-old QB based on 1 horrible game (his first start) and a bunch of questionable off-field decisions. The guy is super immature and came into the league with way too much hype (which likely further fueled his immaturity). There's no reason to acquire him and let him sit for another year while he gets his act together.

Precisely. There is no reason to bring him in.

Everyone is laughing at Cleveland. Remember over the summer when they were feeling good about themselves and bragging about LeBron and Johnny Football and Whitner was taking shots at Buffalo? The entire city of Cleveland got knocked back down to earth pretty quickly

And Whitner made the Pro Bowl!

it is more than his game performance and his off-field decisions. If you haven't read the article yet, you should. If you question it's validity at all, just know that while it seems stunning anyone would act this way as a "professional" football player, none of it comes as a surprise to anyone who paid attention to the Browns this year. I don't know how any athlete could respect him as a teammate, or follow as a leader which a QB must be. And that doesn't take into account any of the off field stuff, which I don't really care about.

The day they found him at his apartment too wasted to go to a walk through he was better than Jeff Tuel. I'd take him as a #3 in a second and tell him he's never playing until he cleans up his act. I still would go after every QB possible to find a starter to battle Ej though.

Jeff Tuel has looked better on the field than Johnny Fubar.

it is more than his game performance and his off-field decisions. If you haven't read the article yet, you should. If you question it's validity at all, just know that while it seems stunning anyone would act this way as a "professional" football player, none of it comes as a surprise to anyone who paid attention to the Browns this year. I don't know how any athlete could respect him as a teammate, or follow as a leader which a QB must be. And that doesn't take into account any of the off field stuff, which I don't really care about.

As soon as he comes to a different team he's going to have a clean slate and a harder time proving he's a hard worker and team player and worthy of playing time as opposed to being a #1 pick and guaranteed of it. He may never mature but he has a chance to quickly change everything with his new teammates and coaches.

If he were on the Bills, and I very much doubt that happens, I don't think he has to stop being who he is, he has to stop being an ass hole and assclown. He'll never be a great player in the NFL like he was in college if he stops partying completely and stops being Johnny Football. That's his only chance. I doubt he can do that if he gets completely sober or never goes out or that kind of stuff. He needs to study and party, like the old Bills did. That's his only chance IMO.

Jeff Tuel has looked better on the field than Johnny Fubar.

But he's not a better player and he has zero chance of being good. Johnny Eightball has a chance of being great. It's unlikely but it's a chance.

Haslam has to be the worst owner in sports. Donald Sterling did a better job of running his team.

I feel bad for the Browns fans. Until their owner goes to jail for stealing from his clients, they are stuck with a guy who is bound to keep destroying that team.

But he's not a better player and he has zero chance of being good. Johnny Eightball has a chance of being great. It's unlikely but it's a chance.

I agree in that I don't think Tuel will ever amount to anything, though I do think he has like a 2% chance. Where I disagree is that I see no potential in Johnny. Never have. I recognize he was a great college QB. I saw almost no pro potential though. Weak arm, couldn't read the field, terrible decision making and gave up on plays too early because he loved playing backyard style football.

Now add to that what we know about him not knowing the plays and continued crap work ethic. I see zero potential. JMO.

Haslam has to be the worst owner in sports. Donald Sterling did a better job of running his team.

I feel bad for the Browns fans. Until their owner goes to jail for stealing from his clients, they are stuck with a guy who is bound to keep destroying that team.

In his defense, Haslam did have a solid, logical, scientific reason for drafting Manziel though, it's not his fault that his QB coach got a text right before they made their pick from Manziel himself that said "Draft me!"

Who turns that down? Who even could?

I agree in that I don't think Tuel will ever amount to anything, though I do think he has like a 2% chance. Where I disagree is that I see no potential in Johnny. Never have. I recognize he was a great college QB. I saw almost no pro potential though. Weak arm, couldn't read the field, terrible decision making and gave up on plays too early because he loved playing backyard style football.

Now add to that what we know about him not knowing the plays and continued crap work ethic. I see zero potential. JMO.

We just disagree. That's cool. I watched him a ton in college. I don't agree with any of those things except the last one, and even that I don't agree with as far as being a college player. It's not good for the pros but it worked all the time in college.

In his defense, Haslam did have a solid, logical, scientific reason for drafting Manziel though, it's not his fault that his QB coach got a text right before they made their pick from Manziel himself that said "Draft me!"

Who turns that down? Who even could?

We just disagree. That's cool. I watched him a ton in college. I don't agree with any of those things except the last one, and even that I don't agree with as far as being a college player. It's not good for the pros but it worked all the time in college.

Yeah, I guess you're right--impossible to resist! Texts from Johnny Manziel must be as tempting as those refunds promised to clients!

Anyone that says Johnny Jamboogie has a chance to be good please PM me, So I can make sure to never listen to another thing you say about football ever again.

I would rather not have the distraction of people that know nothing or are blinded by his famous nature.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Anyone that says Johnny Jamboogie has a chance to be good please PM me, So I can make sure to never listen to another thing you say about football ever again.

I would rather not have the distraction of people that know nothing or are blinded by his famous nature.

I'll say it. He has a chance. Could I have your word you won't listen to me and ESPECIALLY respond to me ever again? Thanks in advance. I don't know if you ever have before or not. I just wanted to make sure it didn't happen.

People like you make me laugh. You ever try selling your expert services and knowledge to an NFL team? Im amazed football can even go on without your godly input.

OK so two people so far that I won't ever have to worry about what they say when anything football comes up. It helps dwindle down the gullible.

Trying to compare him to Brees and Wilson... Except those two guys have a brain. Johnny has drugs, money, and no brain for football.

Edited by Beef Jerky

OK so two people so far that I won't ever have to worry about what they say when anything football comes up. It helps dwindle down the gullible.

Trying to compare him to Brees and Wilson... Except those two guys have a brain. Johnny has drugs, money, and no brain for football.

when you complete the list, can you send it to me?

:lol: What's funny is KTD is one of a handful of posters on here bringing the most informed content.

Well this seems to be one thing he isn't informed on.

I watched about 20 games of his. I was a skeptic at first. He has a ton of talent, more than a lot of QBs in the NFL, and is a cocky jerk and totally unprepared to play in the NFL. If he does get prepared he has a chance. If you don't know a lot about him or havent watched him for a lot of full games, you get uninformed opinions.

There is a great chance he will never be good enough for the NFL.

People being fooled by college tape happens more often then people think.

I don't think anything more needs to be said since he has proven me correct and will continue to do so.

Nobody looks perfect on every play on the film, but...

With Manziel, the film actually did suggest a guy who was leaving plays on the field, particularly in the passing game. There were many plays where there was a big play obviously there for the taking. Manziel didn't always appear to recognize it and turned many of those into broken play situations. At other times, he'd push the ball down the field. As a scout, you scratch your head. What is the guy doing? The trouble is balancing the sizzle of his celebrity, etc. against the evidence that he may not have understood or processed the concepts he was facing. And he's far from the only college QB to be ill-prepared for the transition.

The kid is too full of himself. He needed a good humbling experience to bring him back down to earth. Maybe now he'll grow up and start doing the right things as a professional, or maybe he wont.

Only time will tell.....

Sounds that way.

Although I have to think Pettine is an idiot on this one or that the problems are being somewhat overstated after the fact.

Pettine's brain: Let's see, I have this QB that hasn't put in the work, parties too hard, is late for meetings and is 'entitled'......I know what to do, I will start him and see if there is a spark.

I know that Hoyer was faltering but it doesn't really pass the smell test.