Whaley on Kouandjio

Beerball

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koundjo is the one guy I am not excited about. That guy is about as obvious a bust as I have ever seen. I would put money on him flaming out of the league. Just a whiff on that one.

Sadly I agree. I think Richardson in better shape and with some good coaching and hard work on moving his feet quicker could be a steady starting guard down the road. Kujo on the other hand worries me.

Edited by GunnerBill

Koundjo is the one guy I am not excited about. That guy is about as obvious a bust as I have ever seen. I would put money on him flaming out of the league. Just a whiff on that one.

Sadly I agree. I think Richardson in better shape and with some good coaching and hard work on moving his feet quicker could be a steady starting guard down the road. Kujo on the other hand worries me.

We've seen so very little of him that there is no way (IMO) to guess whether he'll be a success or a failure.

We've seen so very little of him that there is no way (IMO) to guess whether he'll be a success or a failure.

Yes Marrone is such a great judge of offensive line talent that Craig Urbik road the bench for several games when he was EASILY our best offensive guard

This is what gives me hope for Kujo.......Marrone even though he considers himself a offensive line coach does know how to coach offensive line and cant judge talent......

Isn't that what everyone said about A.Williams?

So noted here for posterity and your crowing or crow-eating when the final results are in.

We all know that obviously Maroon was the best OL coach in the entire history of the NFL and he developed his players to the max... to the max!

He invariably put his players in position to succeed because he was selfless and thinking only of building a winner here.

Who knew when he and Russ got in it on the sidelines at practice last year and he issued his challenge to Russ: "Go ahead, fire me!" what the real deal was?

It obviously broke Brandon's heart that "his guy" that "he brought in" would turn on him in that way.

The Head Coach Case last year was a first class putz. He's personally responsible for sidetracking many players and coach's careers due to his pettiness.

For all we know, he spent no time working with and developing guys like Kudjo simply out of spite for Whaley and the FO.

He seems that big an azz.

We absOlutely have to sign a high quality free agent lineman. I have a fear that Whaley is going to go with another Chris Williams type. Then we will have two guards who can't play for the price of of one guy who could come in and dominate. Also if Whaley decides to rely on the draft to address the line, I thino that would be a big mistake. It is a great free agency for lineman and right now it looks like he missed pretty badly with Kujo, although that could change, I wouldn't count on it. We went cheap on the offensive line last year and got what we paid for.

With Whaley talking like this, and I like Whaley, it makes me nervous that we won't do much with the OL in the offseason. That in itself would be as detrimental as going into next season without a solid veteran QB on the roster. Just my 2

With Whaley talking like this, and I like Whaley, it makes me nervous that we won't do much with the OL in the offseason. That in itself would be as detrimental as going into next season without a solid veteran QB on the roster. Just my 2

Again, I wouldn't read this much into his comments. At this stage in the game he gave the appropriate, responsible answer to the question he was asked. He said that if Cyrus (and others) improved and was worthy of seeing the field, then he would play. If not, they will find his replacement. I don't know how folks are drawing from his statement that they are perfectly comfortable with the o-line personnel, and are not going to do anything about it.

How does the person responsible for drafting Cyrus Kouandjio (Doug Whaley) defend the selection? Why does everybody love Whaley as GM?

Whaley is an awesome GM.. Look at the talent he has brought in. Our ST's are highly ranked as is our Defense.

Our Offense needs a QB and some interior OL...

Whaley has already said in interviews that the interior OL needs help. He hopes some players step up but he is bringing in more.

Williams is marginal. Wood is a shell of what he was. I have seen him pushed back to the QB too many times. Any LG on the roster is a backup. Kujo is a tackle and so far not a good one. Pears is a tackle not a guard. He is good depth and helped bring along Henderson by playing next to him but I can't bear to see him flopping around on the ground on 3rd and 1 again. Dohhhhh bam bam bam (hitting head on wall). I actually think Marrone knew exactly what he had with this group

Whaley simply discussed the players currently on the roster and said they are looking for improvement. He expressed hope that certain players' jump from Y1 to Y2 will be significant. He also said they are always trying to get better at every position and create competitive challenges across the board. I really don't understand the hand-wringing.

Whaley is the best GM the Bills have had since John Butler (RIP) gave a damn.

Edited by eball

From the interview, this is what Whaley had to say:

"I look at it this way: There's not one position we wouldn't take or try to upgrade," Whaley said Tuesday from the Senior Bowl. "We could use another receiver, you could use obviously offensive line interior, quarterback we'll have to add."

It's not like Whaley has no idea or intention to address the issue. Just relax and let it play out.

Edited by Rubes