Meanwhile…..in Cleveland

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't then know dog's don't poop where they eat?

This is true, but then again, quite a large number of dogs will eat poop without a second thought.

The Browns need to go full George Costanza

Whoever they gave the lowest 1st rd grade to on their board they need to take first. Whatever they normally do, they need to do the opposite.

This is the way I felt about us during the Levy GM years especially regarding draft picks. TSW consensus in the first round produced far better selections than our front office. Just a case of trying to be too smart when the obvious is right in front of you.

compare Buffalo top, Cleveland bottom

9-7, 6-10, 6-10, 6-10, 4-12,6-10 & 7-9 44W

7-9, 4-12, 5-11, 4-12, 5-11, 5-11 & 4-12 34Wsure a playoff game is nice, but sandwiched between 3, 4 or 5 Win seasons ....

If your bar for success is "better than the Browns" then we need to have a long talk.......

obviously you missed the point.

saying the Browns are better is wrong. the overall record for the last decade shows it.

And obviously you missed the much bigger point. Mine is that it's pretty dumb to bother arguing whether or not the Bills are better than the Browns - heck, even having to have such an arguement is an indictment of the Bills. You know which teams don't have to compare themselves to what is arguably the worst team in the league? Good ones. Oh, and average ones, too. And ones that have fallen on tough times, but aren't very far removed from success. They don't bother because there isn't anything to argue. There isn't even a question that they're better. You know what other fan base is out there right now comparing themselves to the Browns? Raiders fans, that's who.

The Bills have been bad for a very, very long time. So long that the vast majority of teams and their fans look down on the Bills and their fans. I'm sorry that looking down on the worst team in the league and telling them they suck and that we're better than them doesn't make me happy or give me a feeling of accomplishment. I'm not sure how anyone takes pride in that. Go ahead and have yourself printed up a tee shirt with "At Least We Aren't The Browns" on it if that distracts you from the reality of the last decade and a half of Bills seasons. Again, I'll set my bar higher than that.

I made a simple statement.

the Bills have been bad. We all know it

the Browns have been bad We all know that too.

Yes, a playoff game is a nice bragging point, but the big picture tells us more.

Sorry, I get tired of all of the claims that teams that go to 2 playoff games in the last 10 to 15 years are better than the Bills when they get there by chance and like the Brownies sucked the year prior and the year after.

And obviously you missed the much bigger point. Mine is that it's pretty dumb to bother arguing whether or not the Bills are better than the Browns - heck, even having to have such an arguement is an indictment of the Bills. You know which teams don't have to compare themselves to what is arguably the worst team in the league? Good ones. Oh, and average ones, too. And ones that have fallen on tough times, but aren't very far removed from success. They don't bother because there isn't anything to argue. There isn't even a question that they're better. You know what other fan base is out there right now comparing themselves to the Browns? Raiders fans, that's who.

The Bills have been bad for a very, very long time. So long that the vast majority of teams and their fans look down on the Bills and their fans. I'm sorry that looking down on the worst team in the league and telling them they suck and that we're better than them doesn't make me happy or give me a feeling of accomplishment. I'm not sure how anyone takes pride in that. Go ahead and have yourself printed up a tee shirt with "At Least We Aren't The Browns" on it if that distracts you from the reality of the last decade and a half of Bills seasons. Again, I'll set my bar higher than that.

i believe he was just responding to a post that insinuated Bills are on the same level or worse than the Browns, because the Browns last playoff game was 11 years ago and the Bills was 15, so Bills fans shouldn't discuss the Browns dumpster fire. That point is incorrect; the Bills aren't close to that organization's futility at this point in time. I don't know any Bills fans who use the Browns as a measuring stick. Edited by YoloinOhio

As a Browns fan I am not sure there is any other team that has been as bad for as long, especially not the Bills. While the consistently successful teams may look down on teams like the Bills, I don't think they should anymore. They have been pretty good recently and now are trending toward being really good. They are always competitive, and have been stuck in an unwinnable division with the best QB of ALL TIME for 15 years. It doesn't matter whether they have or haven't made the playoffs in a certain number of years because they are now a team no one wants to play. They are moving in the right direction, and the Browns are moving in the wrong direction. It is unfortunate but true. I will still support the Browns because it's not a switch I can turn on and off. I will still go to the games and cheer for wins. But the organization is embarrassing and it starts with the owner. And that is not something that can be changed. If only it were that easy.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

As a Browns fan I am not sure there is any other team that has been as bad for as long, especially not the Bills. While the consistently successful teams may look down on teams like the Bills, I don't think they should anymore. They have been pretty good recently and now are trending toward being really good. They are always competitive, and have been stuck in an unwinnable division with the best QB of ALL TIME for 15 years. It doesn't matter whether they have or haven't made the playoffs in a certain number of years because they are now a team no one wants to play. They are moving in the right direction, and the Browns are moving in the wrong direction. It is unfortunate but true. I will still support the Browns because it's not a switch I can turn on and off. I will still go to the games and cheer for wins. But the organization is embarrassing and it starts with the owner. And that is not something that can be changed. If only it were that easy.

well said. +1

I'd say welcome aboard but it looks like you've been a member for a while

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Well said my friend!!! :beer:

CBF

I live in Cleveland and feel for all Browns fans. You guys are stuck in an absolutely disheartening position because Haslam is a lousy owner right now and it all starts with him. The Browns are just spinning their wheels right now. It only took Ralph Wilson 40+ years to realize he needs to let his people work for him and stop meddling all the time. How much realization vs his health not allowing him to meddle is debatable, but I hope Haslam figures things out much quicker than Ralph did. Good luck, I pull for the Browns as my #2 team!

I feel for you. As you surely know, the fish rots from the head, which in the NFL is the owner. He can't be fired.

I feel your pain, brother. Here ya go. :beer::beer::beer:

Bummer, dude. At least you're realistic. If only Haslam could be convicted and sent off to prison...

I hate to be the jerk here and spread bad karma but I absolutely love that the Browns are going thru this. Their fans, having been raised around them, are the most arrogant and tough-guy wannabe fans I've ever seen. They're not as popular as Patriots or Eagles/Jets fans but if you took the attitude of being tough and a bully like a Jets/Eagles fan then mixed them with the arrogance of the Patriots you'd have your average Browns fan.

Of course, there are plenty of Browns fans that are reasonable, though.

I still can't believe how little play the Atlanta fake-crowd-noise scandal is getting. That, especially when compared to "Textgate" and "Deflategate," is very significant and should be punished heavily.

B.c people know they will be punished... When you know the team is going to be punished why keep talking about it?

I still can't believe how little play the Atlanta fake-crowd-noise scandal is getting. That, especially when compared to "Textgate" and "Deflategate," is very significant and should be punished heavily.

I think part of it is due to the fact that the Falcons stunk for the last two years, you are not hearing as much about it.

I do think it will garnish a heavy fine but do not see any type of penalty involving draft picks. I also do not see that for Cleveland.

Heck the worse thing Cleveland has done as a franchise is not cleaning up enough around the facility and MAYBE letting staph spread. Joking

I think part of it is due to the fact that the Falcons stunk for the last two years, you are not hearing as much about it.

I do think it will garnish a heavy fine but do not see any type of penalty involving draft picks. I also do not see that for Cleveland.

Heck the worse thing Cleveland has done as a franchise is not cleaning up enough around the facility and MAYBE letting staph spread. Joking

No, has more to do with Atlanta not putting up some hissy fit that it didn't happen and knowing they will be punished.

Bummer, dude. At least you're realistic. If only Haslam could be convicted and sent off to prison...

Exactly. It is hard to have any optimism when the ownership is like this. We used to make fun of the Bengals because their owner is cheap and that they would never be good as long as Mike Brown owns the team. Haslam is so much worse. There just really isn't any hope because of the owner and his track record of terrible decisions and ridiculous meddling in football operations. He could have gotten a 2nd rd pick for Gordon last year and nixed the deal! It's not just the roster (though that is terrible too) it is the overall atmosphere of the team. No one wants to be there, coaches or players. Their best player is out for the year, again and maybe gone forever. Their 2 first round picks were complete disasters on and off the field, with one in rehab. The OC showed a power point presentation to the FO of all the reasons why he wanted to leave! The only QB on our roster right now is a 2nd yr 6th rd pick. The GM is texting the QB coach during the game about playcalling and personnel decisions. Even if what LaCanfora wrote isn't 100% true (as some fans want to believe), he spoke with enough people, clearly, to provide the pulse of the organization. No matter who they hire as GM or coach, its always an uphill battle because of the ownership in place.