New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

I wonder how long Cheatriots have been doing this? My guess is since Brady's stats are ALOT better in cold weather games that its been awhile.

The NFL changes and updates rules all the time. Leave it to your cheating Patriots to provide the impetus for another needed change.

The first thing a new Cheatriots employee is charged with is scouring the rulebook for any loopholes. If that fails then use your creativity to screw.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because most didn't agree with you in the other thread, starting a new thread won't help your cause.

Still waiting for which Gronk non call you were referring to.

As to the allegations against Pats* I don't know how many times it has to be explained that the whole reason this story is getting legs is that it's the one franchise that's had a consistent pattern of dubious behavior and it's institutionalized. That's why all your cries about misdeeds of individual players doesn't hold water.

The fish in this case rots from the head

I didn't know you were waiting. The call last season, where most felt the Panthers interfered with Gronkowski in the endzone on the last play of the game, killing the Pats comeback.

"League sources also confirmed to ESPN that the footballs were "properly inspected and approved" by the referee some two hours before kickoff."

and it grows a little more....

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/deflate-gate-indianapolis-colts-complained-november-inflated-england/story?id=28365105

Wow! So there was a complaint back in November for the same thing, then they do it again in the playoffs? (And probably every single game.) That's a giant middle digit salute in my mind from the Pats to the league! That should get a lot more severe penalty..... than it's going to.

Most definitely not overblown. There are rules. They are there for a reason, and therefore should be followed. If players and coaches felt that a rule was stupid, they could petition to get it changed, while following the current rules. That's the way rules work. Follow them, but petition to get them changed if you don't like them.

Doing anything else is cheating. Cheating is not right, and there's no way that breaking a rule can be misconstrued as OK for the sake of the game.

I'm actually surprised that my fellow Bills fans would display anything BUT a respect for the rules. Disappointed, really.

In a blind test today on ESPN, Mark Brunell and Jerome Bettis were both able to identify an under inflated ball, correctly inflated ball and an over inflated ball.

Brunell said that he'd be able to throw the under inflated ball 10 yards farther and with more accuracy.

Bettis said that it would be much harder for a defender to strip an under inflated ball from the runner.

Aaron Rodgers says he throws an over inflated ball better.

Go figure

Most definitely not overblown. There are rules. They are there for a reason, and therefore should be followed. If players and coaches felt that a rule was stupid, they could petition to get it changed, while following the current rules. That's the way rules work. Follow them, but petition to get them changed if you don't like them.

Doing anything else is cheating. Cheating is not right, and there's no way that breaking a rule can be misconstrued as OK for the sake of the game.

I'm actually surprised that my fellow Bills fans would display anything BUT a respect for the rules. Disappointed, really.

Again, HOLDING is cheating. It gets penalized during the game. It's a matter of degree. Speeding doesn't get you a life sentence,

So no questions asked?

Nope. It's a penalty, if we catch you again, just like Holding, we call it again.

Hey, no arguing with him. This is the pro-Patriot thread. Take your anti-Patriot nonsense back where it belongs. Don't bully the crybabies.

I'm not "afraid" to stand by my points. I already have, and this thread is to see if there are others that agree.

I think I heard on the radio, that the official fine for this transgression is $25,000, anyone else know if this is true?

That should give an idea of the level that this misconduct is considered...not much.

I think that is the minimum and there are other elements of the decision and discretion where it can be anything.

I was chased out of the other thread, because dissent is not tolerated.

I feel it is a minor transgression, worthy of a 15 yard penalty if caught during the game, with a fine later.

I think it is being fueled by opposing fan's pettiness, and a click baiting media.

Anyone else feel similarly?

I think it's totally over blown but for different reasons.

Everyone hates the Patriots and this is yet an example as to why.

Now Bill's creative formation are being declared part of his cheating past. That was just great coaching and completely within the rules.

BB likely knew nothing about the balls but I guess under his watch, let's pile on. This should be about how BB has taught his players, such as Tom Brady to push the envelop. It also exposes the complete STUPIDITY of the NFL. How mickey mouse that you can't have people in charge of the freakin footballs. Here are the 24 games balls we are using, you guys can't touch them, doctor them or do anything. Every plays under the same rules.

Did NE bend the rules? It seems like yes

Did they cheat? Come on.

Maybe these guys are so elite that 2 PPI made a big difference, but it didn't effect how bad Indy's offense was.

I think that is the minimum and there are other elements of the decision and discretion where it can be anything.

Yeah, they deserve bigger fine, and penalty. SOme of the extreme penalties dreamed up here are ridiculous though. Losing a 1st rounder would be huge, but within reason. Suspending a coach for a year? I doubt most coaches squeeze the balls before each game. AT this time there is no way to tie it to Belichick. I'm more inclined to say it was Brady that made the arrangements.

Why does this thread exist? Are there moderators here?

This thread should be closed.

WHy, you don't have to post, it's not clogging up the board. YOu are just pissed that I disagree with you.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Wow! So there was a complaint back in November for the same thing, then they do it again in the playoffs? (And probably every single game.) That's a giant middle digit salute in my mind from the Pats to the league! That should get a lot more severe penalty..... than it's going to.

This is an interesting new turn to the whole story, and I'm not sure everyone here has tuned into this yet.

It is partially b/c of the first episode back in November that I actually think New England will get much more than a slap on the wrist.

This will NOT be swept under the rug per the norm or in the good old days.

Will the penalty be as severe as I would like? Probably not...but it's going to be more than a slap on the wrist.

WHY? B/C big egos at the NFL have now been offended. Once you bring egos into this, it gets personal for the league.

PS: This obviously means there is a system of cheating in place at NE, previous warnings/penalties have been ineffective in acting as deterrents with them...and they will continue to cheat if allowed to do so.

Great.